Anyone live near a Wetherspoons....

coxyhog

I shall be having a pre lockdown drink with a mate of mine tomorrow at my local Wetherspoons 

The beer is cheap enough anyway, before the latest announcement 

But not because its 99p a pint

Stocks of beer have a short shelf life and if not sold within a, short space of time, has to be thrown away. 

Wetherspoons make their money by volume sales which enables them to keep their prices low. 

With the forthcoming month of lockdown, it make sense to sell as much off at cost price over the next few days until Thursday. They will continue to make money on food. 

8 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I shall be having a pre lockdown drink with a mate of mine tomorrow at my local Wetherspoons 

The beer is cheap enough anyway, before the latest announcement 

But not because its 99p a pint

Stocks of beer have a short shelf life and if not sold within a, short space of time, has to be thrown away. 

Wetherspoons make their money by volume sales which enables them to keep their prices low. 

With the forthcoming month of lockdown, it make sense to sell as much off at cost price over the next few days until Thursday. They will continue to make money on food. 

I've decided, with a few mates to take a half day on Wednesday and have the last drink for 4 weeks. As I don't drink at home, it'll be a good month long detox so trying to look at some positives to come out of the current situation.  

Well, I have seen it all now. 

I was in Wetherspoons in Petts Wood this afternoon and I went outside for a cigarette. 

There was a chap sitting outside with 6 pints lined up in front of him (99p a pint). He had with him a plastic gallon container and a funnel. He poured all 6 pints into the container, then picked it up and went to the bus stop. 

Never seen that done before on London but I guess that will last him a few days at home. 6 pints of real ale for less than six quid. 

No reason why anyone shouldn't, if its bought and paid for, I guess 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Well, I have seen it all now. 

I was in Wetherspoons in Petts Wood this afternoon and I went outside for a cigarette. 

There was a chap sitting outside with 6 pints lined up in front of him (99p a pint). He had with him a plastic gallon container and a funnel. He poured all 6 pints into the container, then picked it up and went to the bus stop. 

Never seen that done before on London but I guess that will last him a few days at home. 6 pints of real ale for less than six quid. 

No reason why anyone shouldn't, if its bought and paid for, I guess 

Nothing wrong with that at all, but I doubt it would keep for long once poured.

41 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Nothing wrong with that at all, but I doubt it would keep for long once poured.

Yeah, I was asking my mate how long before it goes flat. He reckoned 2 to 3 days. 

I never normally let a pint sit for more than 15 minutes without drinking it😁

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...