So WTF ?

code_slayer_bkk

Just now, code_slayer_bkk said:

Why did my previous new topic get deleted ....

A,  supposed to be attentive to the covid - 19 and what are you doing today topics ?

Jeez .. what bull shit ... what is this forum turning to "twitter" and " facebook" ?

Just delete a topic ?   f**k you !

Everything alright 

9 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

A,  supposed to be attentive to the covid - 19 and what are you doing today topics ?

Jeez .. what bull shit ... what is this forum turning to "twitter" and " facebook" ?

This one?

A Gigantic Cluster f**k

44 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Not deleted, moved to the politics section. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Thai Spice said:

Which is now becoming the main branch of this forum.....

Maybe time to rename the forum ?  

It is not surprising that any Thailand based forum is getting more of its usual share of both Covid and Political based topics/discussion in my opinion, since most of us are currently locked out of the Kingdom and the main news coming from there is what is not happening as opposed to what is happening, which is not a lot. 

Let's hope that it will not be too long before many of us are back on the trail and we can pick up the pieces of what is left in fun town. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

It is not surprising that any Thailand based forum is getting more of its usual share of both Covid and Political based topics/discussion in my opinion, since most of us are currently locked out of the Kingdom and the main news coming from there is what is not happening as opposed to what is happening, which is not a lot. 

Let's hope that it will not be too long before many of us are back on the trail and we can pick up the pieces of what is left in fun town. 

Yep.

Yet...with the US having the largest Covid outbreak in the world...whatever happens here politically (because of the Covid response, or lack thereof) will ripple around the globe in terms of travel access & trade. The sooner the US gets its act together to address Covid the sooner the world will start returning to normal. This applies to the UK & the EU as well.

If it doesn't,only the Chinese allowed into Thailand (as tourists). That will not bode well for the type of "fun" preferred by some members of this forum. Although, methinks many are happily married (to Thais), and/or getting too long in the tooth to care much about horizontal folk dancing. 

TS is an outlier in some respect. I appreciate that he keeps the forum lively with his unique perspective. 

Personally, I want to get back to my old Bangkok neighborhood for a massage, a visit to my dentist, a meal at the Madrid Bar & some adult r&r.

20190614_115614.jpg

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I feel sorry for you guys ... seriously ... these lock down measures .. I am not so sure about ( just my opinion ) .. how many more times does one have to get locked downed with no rational control of this disease .... do lock downs really work ?   Economically a big fat NO ....

I can understand the international travel bans ( except Thailand letting mass groups of Chinese returning - I guess Thailand knows where their bread is buttered )

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

Yep.

Yet...with the US having the largest Covid outbreak in the world...whatever happens here politically (because of the Covid response, or lack thereof) will ripple around the globe in terms of travel access & trade. The sooner the US gets its act together to address Covid the sooner the world will start returning to normal. This applies to the UK & the EU as well.

If it doesn't,only the Chinese allowed into Thailand (as tourists). That will not bode well for the type of "fun" preferred by some members of this forum. Although, methinks many are happily married (to Thais), and/or getting too long in the tooth to care much about horizontal folk dancing. 

TS is an outlier in some respect. I appreciate that he keeps the forum lively with his unique perspective. 

Personally, I want to get back to my old Bangkok neighborhood for a massage, a visit to my dentist, a meal at the Madrid Bar & some adult r&r.

20190614_115614.jpg

Yea, yea, yea ... the US again and again ..

Are deaths going up ?

9 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I didn't know you had to join .. obviously I haven't ... my politics are a pretty personal thing and I think it is just best to stay neutral with everyone as the best as I can ....

Very wise of you methinks.

• Thumbs Up 1