Favourite airline?

Thinkingallowed

On 9/18/2018 at 8:34 AM, KWA said:

If you're up front, Emirates are using their newest planes on this route with the new suites.

Etihad have dine on demand too, as do Emirates but only in first.  Rumoured to be coming to Business Class soon.

I'm usually with Emirates and willing to pay a bit more and travel a bit further to the airport to stick with them for now.   I like the price of the Gulf Air flights in Business Class though, but the drawback for me is having to connect at Heathrow.

So do they split the plane in two, new at the front and old at the back. Do they have jet engine on one side and propeller on the other?

I only fly BC now, and flow most airlines. Everyone i have flown with will serve you the meal later, just ask when they take your order.

Emerites, Qatar and Etihad are all about the same, not flown with Emerites for some time now. I like the A380 because on the middle east flights you have a bar on board.

As of late i have flown with Gulf Air, this is my 6th times. Have booked flights for as little as £1003. Not as good as three names above, but about half the price. They now use the 787.

The 380 is better. 

Also flown BC with Turkish Airways, Fin Air, Israel Air and Thai.

Did First class on Etihad in 2015 for one leg on A380. I joined the shower high club!

EVA Premium economy. Get on 12 hours & get off job done. Also the extra money for premium for a lot more extra comfort is well worth it IMHO. Luggage drop off is easier  & boarding the plane as well.

• Like 2

I've flown with Qatar almost exclusively for the last 7 years, initially because of the price and I was a member of their frequent flyer program which gave access to the lounges, I think I got the cost of my flight in beer alone. Unfortunately, they changed the points structure so I have to fly to Thailand 4 times a year to stay in the program usually I fly 3 times so I don't get any of the perks anymore but the quality of the airline will keep me flying with them for the foreseeable future.

Travelling with Bangkok Airways always puts a smile on my face , I've used them both for domestic and nearby International travel - check in is normally a breeze and I like that everyone gets access to their lounges , plus their airport in Samui is exactly what you expect on a tropical island 

Edited by Stillearly

20 hours ago, eyes4thais said:

So do they split the plane in two, new at the front and old at the back.

The recent (at the time I posted) improvement to Emirates fleet was new fully enclosed suites.  The planes these were fitted to had no changes made to the Business or Economy Class cabins from the previous deliveries, so yes, the new product was up front and the old at the back on the same plane.

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

He is doing real well, presently in Norway and still able to get a drink in a small local bar....

Poor fella got all dressed up last week, splash of Paco Robanne the works, only to see it closed for Easter 🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Travelling with Bangkok Airways always puts a smile on my face , I've used them both for domestic and nearby International travel - check in is normally a breeze and I like that everyone gets access to their lounges , plus their airport in Samui is exactly what you expect on a tropical island 

Great airline in terms of service but the fees they dare to charge to fly to Samui is one of the main reasons tourism to the island has seen a steep decline over the years. Its expensive enough as it is without paying 8K or more per person for a short break. 

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, Stillearly said:

You mean they have'nt got a lounge!

• 2 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, thegrogmonster said:

Thai Airways for the reason of it being the only airline that flies direct from Brisbane.

Other than that I would go for the cheapest option.

Mate there was a very cheap flights a few years back via china,only trouble it was nearly 2days to get there.

Newcastle NSW-Brisbane-China?-BKK arrive about 44 hrs after leaving home.

just to save 300-400aud ,mate did it twice.mad bastard,

I fly only Thai last 8years but have flown on BA twice,Alitalia twice [rubbish] Qantas twice.Singapore once great, stopover so we could visit Changi prison.

but will only fly Thai if iam lucky to clearance to fly again.

Broncos gone now.

regards

grayray

When we travel as a family, Cathay are just excellent. Been using them for donkeys years. Although the Marco Polo FF club has a $100 joining fee / annual renewal cost (or 20 club points)  there are some good benefits. We've already had a few business class upgrades through points accrual, and the Mrs hit gold card a couple of years ago. Even the Cathay Economy product is good, we tend to fly PE for our trips to the RP though.

Our most recent trip was to be business class PAL direct, but Covid put the mockers on that so we'll probably switch back to Cathay again.

flying by myself , if going to SEA then it's EVA PE or Cathay Economy to the RP.

Of the Middle Eastern Carriers, Gulf Air was the only Airline flying to Muscat back in the 70's. I flew on a VC10 and a Tristar a few times. always enjoyed the flight, even if the early ones stopped at Dubai, Doha and  Bahrain for an hour each!.

Worst ever are South African Airways or Air India. To be honest I'd sooner walk barefoot carrying my luggage on my head.