Favourite airline?

Thinkingallowed

So which is your favourite airline that flys you on the big white bird to and from Thailand?

What is it you like about the airline? Food, seats, IFE, baggage allowance, timings, price, etc?

I've asked this question and I'm not sure of the answer myself, will go off and have a hard think.

*note to self, must ask easier questions*

My last few trips have been with Emirates on their new planes and got great deals and the flights were good.  OK a couple of hours stop over but I quite like that for a leg stretcher and a bit of duty free. That said the beer in the bar at Dubai is rather expensive 🙁 A small price to pay, and got flight times for me 

I use either Thai or EVA, but mainly EVA for the last 4 years. I'll explain why.

• Living in Bristol, Heathrow is our best Airport to fly from. We could fly from Bristol to Amsterdam and then connect, but did it once with China Air and it was, to be honest, a friggin nightmare. 
  • Heathrow is 2 hours from home, so easy to get to.
  • I like the THAI and EVA Flight times, 9pm ish. This means I can get a half days work done, then leave at 4pm to get to Heathrow.
  • I don't samoke or like a break to stretch my legs, so direct is perfect.
  • I like to arrive in BKK around 3pm as connecting flight to Udon is c5.15
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thai ........ 

8 hours ago, Thinkingallowed said:

So which is your favourite airline that flys you on the big white bird to and from Thailand?

What is it you like about the airline? Food, seats, IFE, baggage allowance, timings, price, etc?

I've asked this question and I'm not sure of the answer myself, will go off and have a hard think.

*note to self, must ask easier questions*

Gold Card ....... ✈️ ......

Up the front of the aircraft, staff wise I'd say Emirates or Gulf. Food Qatar or Gulf but an honourable mention to China Southern for some of their Chinese dishes. Seat wise Emirates window seats on an A380 but the school boy in me loves taking off backwards in BA club class.

In the back there's not a lot of difference in seats if like me you aren't a big chap. BA does not bad food. Qatar staff are very good if you have FF status and flying economy.

26 minutes ago, Murchie said:

Emirates for me, been flying with them now for eight years.

Very fortunate in that my company buy me business class flights. Dubai/Bangkok/Dubai is always the A380

Nice little upgrade to first class on my last flight from Dubai.

20180818_032044.jpg

20180818_032408.jpg

20180818_032023.jpg

What a treat after 28 day and fly out in style mate.

16 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

What a treat after 28 day and fly out in style mate.

It certainly was and it always makes me think "From flying in a helicopter to flying in first class, they said I was making a big mistake leaving my job in the UK"

1 hour ago, The Fat Controller said:

Watch out for EK376, some days it's a 777.

I wasn't paying attention when I booked a couple of days ago, only found out when the seat plan came up after I had booked.

No upstairs in 23A next trip ☹️ but not so bad as it's sleeping time anyway.

23 A or K are one of the best business class seats around.

1 hour ago, The Fat Controller said:

Watch out for EK376, some days it's a 777.

And others it's a two class A380, along with some of the other DXB-BKK flights.  Go for seat 20 A or K on that one to get your preferred seat.

3 minutes ago, KWA said:

And others it's a two class A380, along with some of the other DXB-BKK flights.  Go for seat 20 A or K on that one to get your preferred seat.

A few very large glasses of whiskey in the lounge. Board the plane and think, WTF I've got on at the wrong level.

It all depends on the trip.

Emirates an S.A. sure are top. 

If flying to France it will be A.F.

Next month flying Bali-HKG, will use Garuda, they are.pretty good also.

Flew every month HKG-BKK with EK in Business during 7 years. Even spoiled the Miss ....

20150828_211544-816x459.jpg.9568aaf0313410285f190c92e560878a.jpg

And yep, enjoyed a few upgrades to First as well !