Qatar Airways changes.

KWA

Qatar have changed what's included in their tickets by removing the Flexi, Value, Saver and Promo groups and replacing them with Comfort, Convenience and Classic.  Seat selection is no longer free in the cheapest seats and there may be other changes I've not noticed yet.

In Business Class it's similar with the cheapest tickets not getting to choose their seats and also losing lounge access, which is a bit of a bummer if you don't otherwise qualify.

6 hours ago, KWA said:

Qatar have changed what's included in their tickets by removing the Flexi, Value, Saver and Promo groups and replacing them with Comfort, Convenience and Classic.  Seat selection is no longer free in the cheapest seats and there may be other changes I've not noticed yet.

In Business Class it's similar with the cheapest tickets not getting to choose their seats and also losing lounge access, which is a bit of a bummer if you don't otherwise qualify.

Not read the article yet, but presumably gold and platinum members would still have free access.

I love Qatar, they're my go to airline, I got narked with them when they changed their frequent flyer program, I was flying with them more, I went  from 2 to 3 trips a year to Thailand but no longer qualified for silver status, so no lounge pass, no priority boarding, no 40kg luggage. I think I used to drink my airfare in free beer alone in the lounges.

18 hours ago, john luke said:

Not read the article yet, but presumably gold and platinum members would still have free access.

Yes but not to the premium lounges, only the lower level ones where they have them, which includes Heathrow, Doha and Bangkok.  (Assuming post Covid when all lounges are open again).

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
2 hours ago, KWA said:

Less than a year later and Qatar are fiddling with ticket types again.  They're introducing a "Lite" grouping in both Economy and Business Class.  Down to 20Kg luggage in economy.

I'd like them to set a weight. Anything above it then you pay. Anything below it then you can drink a set amount of wine.

Of course I am biased, I only travel hand baggage!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/8/2021 at 12:34 PM, KWA said:

Less than a year later and Qatar are fiddling with ticket types again.  They're introducing a "Lite" grouping in both Economy and Business Class.  Down to 20Kg luggage in economy.

Seems like the business model for a lot of Airlines these days in Econ. EVA started it a couple of years ago, BA doing it plus several others I think.

Initial price seems tempting , but by the time the extras have been added there's possibly not much difference between that and the "standard" far which offers something like ticket changes for a fixed or lower price or seat selection. We'll probably see it adopted by more airlines as time goes on.

• Like 1