Shopee v Lazada

mrcharliemofo

Which one is best ?

I've used Lazada for about the last 6-7 years and to be honest I can't really fault them, I've bought 2-3 things that were total shite but that was my fault as the price was too good to be true and they got binned but generally I'm more than happy with them. My only complaint really is that their sizes are all over the place, some of the things that are advertised as S or even XS may well be small on an overweight farang lady but they hang off a 45kg Thai bird and the stuff from China is just cheap through and through.

So I've never used Shopee yet, so to those that have used both what are the pro's and cons of both ?

Shopee seems to be cheaper for most things,sometimes a lot cheaper... 

I now try to buy expensive things on Shopee if I can and pay COD.....Sometimes I still buy on Lazada for cheap things because I like to just pay at 7-11....

Sometime only Lazada or only Shopee has something so you don't have a choice.....

Its not to difficult to check out both before you buy.....

Also only use COD for expensive stuff...Getting refunds is a major drag at both companies since they banned farangs from using their wallets...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2

Never used Shopee ..

Lazada serves my purposes for cheap stuff ... anything more than about 5K baht .. I will just go to a shop / store(s) to find what  I want ...

Beach gal always tells me don't use Lazada .. they are to expensive .... but, I have never had a cancelled order, they deliver really fast ... easy to pay them with COD ... very easy to use ... plus,  I always read the feedback from the people who has bought the product before .. google translate get a work-out .. lol

• Thumbs Up 2

I used Lazada quite a bit whilst in lock down, got addicted buying bits for my Honda CRF1000 (Africa Twin) in UK. If I remember rightly i did get one Item cancelled, But it was COD so no biggy. I did have another item COD where only half of it came, of course I had already paid the 43b before i realised 55555!  

I few weeks back I bought a 32" Smart TV for my bar in Sutuk. I just looked on Shopee and it is 300b more. (same spec not same model)

1 hour ago, Gary said:

I may try that in the future. It just irritated me that they wouldn't accept my credit card.

Trust me shopee is doing you a BIG FAVOR by not accepting your card.....Getting refunds is awful......Use COD only with shopee....If they dont deliver the stuff it does not cost you one baht....

Like I said before I only sometimes pay at 7-11 ahead of times with Lazada for cheap stuff where I am fine with letting the refund sit there and do nothing till some future date when I decide to go through the hassle of retrieving it....

12 hours ago, fforest said:

Trust me shopee is doing you a BIG FAVOR by not accepting your card.....Getting refunds is awful......Use COD only with shopee....If they dont deliver the stuff it does not cost you one baht....

Like I said before I only sometimes pay at 7-11 ahead of times with Lazada for cheap stuff where I am fine with letting the refund sit there and do nothing till some future date when I decide to go through the hassle of retrieving it....

same with lazada

12 hours ago, fforest said:

10 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

same with lazada

Must be a thai thing ? I bought some things at my local Tesco and by mistake bought and paid for some out of date milk, I realised before I'd left the till and asked if I could change it for one in date. Next time I'll just accept the out of date stuff because it was as though I'd shot or buggered all of the staff's Grandmoms on their deathbeds just trying to get them to exchange it.

• Haha 3

I've had a few things refunded from Lazada, either due to failure to ship or a faulty product.  It takes about a week.

Edit: I use a webcard from a local bank account.

Edited by tko
Added info

I gave the Chinese a final chance on Lazada and ordered some underwear for a 'friend' who is 43kg tops wet through, so S was ordered. No idea what size they've delivered today but it sure ain't small. I'm not going to try but I'm a 34-36in waist and I reckon they'd be too big for me.

So if anyone on here is into maybe a bit of cross dressing or they have a larger than usual friend then let me know and I'll drop them off somewhere for you.

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I gave the Chinese a final chance on Lazada and ordered some underwear for a 'friend' who is 43kg tops wet through, so S was ordered. No idea what size they've delivered today but it sure ain't small. I'm not going to try but I'm a 34-36in waist and I reckon they'd be too big for me.

So if anyone on here is into maybe a bit of cross dressing or they have a larger than usual friend then let me know and I'll drop them off somewhere for you.

I know just the guy @tommy dee

• Haha 1