Covid vaccine uptake

Washedup

1 minute ago, Murchie said:

The way things are looking if you want to travel then having the vaccine will be mandatory. Even though I'm slightly reluctant to have it looks like I have no option. 

Haven't Australia already said No entry without vaccine 

11 minutes ago, fforest said:

Would it not be a good idea for all you vaxxers to at least wait for a few OTHER millions people to take it first......

Are you joking😜

By the time all those tree hugging anti Vaxers have snuck in and got vaccinations on the QT, then gone on to join some dumb anti vax protest, millions of them would have had the vaccination. So I won’t have a problem with getting the jab after them. 🤗

Edited by KhunDon
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sangsom said:

Of course, I find some of the conspiracy theories floating around about resets blah blah bizarre to say to least!

It doesn't take a genius or a conspiracy theorists to figure out this virus isn't what they make it out to be. 

99,4% of people who have tested positive have mild conditions, which doesn't even consider the people who have no symptoms and therefore haven't been tested at all. 

Screenshot_20201126-191433_Chrome.jpg

I'll take the vaccine if its required for travel but don't believe for a second there's no interest from big government and big pharma behind this. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Esco said:

It doesn't take a genius or a conspiracy theorists to figure out this virus isn't what they make it out to be. 

99,4% of people who have tested positive have mild conditions, which doesn't even consider the people who have no symptoms and therefore haven't been tested at all. 

Screenshot_20201126-191433_Chrome.jpg

I'll take the vaccine if its required for travel but don't believe for a second there's no interest from big government and big pharma behind this. 

It’s costing the governments fortunes to deal with this and it will for a very long time. There is simply no reason for them to make it up. It’s all well and good saying most people will be fine, but if they let the virus run free and people started to lose family members because of it, they might think differently. I know a few people that had the mild symptoms but now have long COVID and trust me it’s not pleasant, they are knackered the whole time and find it hard to do anything when they get home from work. None of the stats are picking those people up but it seems to affect a reasonable amount of people.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

It’s costing the governments fortunes to deal with this and it will for a very long time. There is simply no reason for them to make it up. It’s all well and good saying most people will be fine, but if they let the virus run free and people started to lose family members because of it, they might think differently. I know a few people that had the mild symptoms but now have long COVID and trust me it’s not pleasant, they are knackered the whole time and find it hard to do anything when they get home from work. None of the stats are picking those people up but it seems to affect a reasonable amount of people.

I won't f**k this thread any further but to think Governments have no reason to do what they do is laughable. Costing them money? Since when has any politician ever put his own money in government lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am hoping to get it in January/February depending on how it rolls out. If its going to front line workers first, then I reckon they are fairly confident that it will be safe. I can't see the virus just dying out on its own for a while. But if the vaccine cuts down the numbers, perhaps by next year, there will be more successful treatments for those who develop extreme symptoms and secondary illnesses. 

Desperate times need desperate measures and anything that can replace constant lockdowns and isolation will surely be better. 

No doubt, the vaccine/s will not be 100 effective, even 70% will make ba huge difference locally and globally. 

I can't see any vaccine being made compulsory, although I think that some jobs will or may depend upon being vaccinated. 

But generally, it's a choice. I am not going to knock those who don't want it. Just as I don't want others to knock me for choosing to have the vaccine. 

If I were in my 30s or 40s and healthy, then I would possibly be thinking differently to how I think now

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I am hoping to get it in January/February depending on how it rolls out. If its going to front line workers first, then I reckon they are fairly confident that it will be safe. I can't see the virus just dying out on its own for a while. But if the vaccine cuts down the numbers, perhaps by next year, there will be more successful treatments for those who develop extreme symptoms and secondary illnesses. 

Desperate times need desperate measures and anything that can replace constant lockdowns and isolation will surely be better. 

No doubt, the vaccine/s will not be 100 effective, even 70% will make ba huge difference locally and globally. 

I can't see any vaccine being made compulsory, although I think that some jobs will or may depend upon being vaccinated. 

But generally, it's a choice. I am not going to knock those who don't want it. Just as I don't want others to knock me for choosing to have the vaccine. 

If I were in my 30s or 40s and healthy, then I would possibly be thinking differently to how I think now

Good post...  but as I was just saying on another thread about the flu shot.... I don't know how old i was 20's or early 30's I think when I had the real flu.  f**k me, I never want that again. I've never missed a poke in the arm since then.

For sure will get this ASAP

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I am probably going to get flamed for this, but...I believe in Science, more over I believe in my Primary Care Physician more then anything else. 

This year in July I have had the Shingles Shot ( Shingrix) the FLUZONE shot in October ( she is cool, supposed to wait until you are 65 for for this, but at 63 she said no problem.) Wifey had the regular flu shot. 

I have an appt Dec 10th for the Pneumococcal Pneumonia shot. 

Count me in for the Covid vaccine too...

I have been "poked" this year more then the Kardashian Sisters have f%#%^& black guys LOL! 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

I am probably going to get flamed for this, but...I believe in Science, more over I believe in my Primary Care Physician more then anything else. 

This year in July I have had the Shingles Shot ( Shingrix) the FLUZONE shot in October ( she is cool, supposed to wait until you are 65 for for this, but at 63 she said no problem.) Wifey had the regular flu shot. 

I have an appt Dec 10th for the Pneumococcal Pneumonia shot. 

Count me in for the Covid vaccine too...

I have been "poked" this year more then the Kardashian Sisters have f%#%^& black guys LOL! 

Don't know why you would get flamed for doing something that the majority of us are doing.

Very little issue for nearly anybody of a certain age as vaccinations were just part of growing up.  The rise of those against vaccinations seemed to start with the advent of social media and, in particular, the younger generations.

Interesting article in a dodgy publication lol

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landig/article/PIIS2589-7500(19)30136-0/fulltext

• Like 2