Covid vaccine uptake

Washedup

21 hours ago, Yessongs said:

I am probably going to get flamed for this, but...I believe in Science, more over I believe in my Primary Care Physician more then anything else.Β 

This year in JulyΒ I have had the Shingles Shot ( Shingrix) the FLUZONE shot in October ( she is cool, supposed to wait until you are 65 for for this, but at 63 she said no problem.) Wifey hadΒ the regular flu shot.Β 

I have an appt Dec 10th for the Pneumococcal Pneumonia shot.Β 

Count me in for the Covid vaccine too...

I have been "poked" this year more then the Kardashian Sisters have f%#%^& black guys LOL!Β 

Yep... got the shingles shot a coupleΒ years back. I don't even recall there being an age condition when I got it. Something that's probably come out since back then. Maybe demand was higher than they initially expected. I don't know.

I jumped on that as soon as I heard it was approved. Last fucking thing I want is shingles. Nasty nasty stuff.

Smart move Yes, indeed.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Don't know why you would get flamed for doing something that the majority of us are doing.

Very little issue for nearly anybody of a certain age as vaccinations were just part of growing up.Β  The rise of those against vaccinations seemed to start with the advent of social media and, in particular, the younger generations.

Interesting article in a dodgy publication lol

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landig/article/PIIS2589-7500(19)30136-0/fulltext

Yep...I've had them all. Hep vaccinations are big ones. Any one who even thinks about fucking strange should get one. I got them for the job, but a little side benefit for me over here. yuk yuk

I've never had a bad reaction to a vaccination other than maybe a sore arm once or twice.

Β 

I personally think any anti-vaccination person has a few screws loose.

Β 

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Yep... got the shingles shot a coupleΒ years back. I don't even recall there being an age condition when I got it. Something that's probably come out since back then. Maybe demand was higher than they initially expected. I don't know.

I jumped on that as soon as I heard it was approved. Last fucking thing I want is shingles. Nasty nasty stuff.

Smart move Yes, indeed.

Shingles sucks. I had it. Kicked my ass for a month.

Sixty years old was the original cut-off age when the vaccine was first introduced. The 2nd generation vaccine is now recommended for people 50 & older.

You can only get shingles if you had chicken pox at some point in your life. Most of us old farts did as kids in the 60s.

. . .

Shingles Vaccine: Should I Get It?

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/prevention-15/vaccines/shingles-vaccine-basics

Β 

5 hours ago, Sangsom said:

They also change and update the vaccine every year based on the strains that are going around.

Yes of course. It's a cat and mouse game. They try to guess which strain will hit the following year and make a drug for that strain.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fforest said:

Even if someone was 100% for vaccinations...Wouldn't they want to know a few basic things like what's in it?...How does it work?...HaveΒ there been any adverse reactions? Who makes it? etc etc.........I honestly just don't get it....Β 

All those students taking drugs didn't think to ask for allΒ the ingredients and side effectsΒ when doing the deal but then refuse to take a vaccination certified by scientists that may just save their lives.

Most people would believe that a vaccination given by a doctor or NHS professional is a positive move and unlikely to 'need' to verify it's benefit.Β  Of course read the label but most would believe that it has been thoroughly tested before needing a second opinion.

It's a choice,absolutely, but I am not of the opinion that the alternative to not taking it is better, certainly not at myΒ age.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

24 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

All those students taking drugs didn't think to ask for allΒ the ingredients and side effectsΒ when doing the deal but then refuse to take a vaccination certified by scientists that may just save their lives.

Most people would believe that a vaccination given by a doctor or NHS professional is a positive move and unlikely to 'need' to verify it's benefit.Β  Of course read the label but most would believe that it has been thoroughly tested before needing a second opinion.

It's a choice,absolutely, but I am not of the opinion that the alternative to not taking it is better, certainly not at myΒ age.

3 student deaths in Newcastle in August..mixing so called ketamine and MDMA ? .18, 19 year olds what a waste, and the cocaine they snort is full of rat poison. I'll take my chance with the vaccine thank you very much 😊

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Whilst I don't think it is going too much off topic, I have a question to which I do not know and can not find the answer.

My question:Β  there are likely to be a number of different vaccines for Covid 19, coming onto the market in December 2020 and the following year.Β  If one has one of the vaccines and then another vaccine arrives that is better per se or better for a particular age group, is it possible/advisabe or otherwise to then have the second vaccine?

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, john luke said:

Whilst I don't think it is going too much off topic, I have a question to which I do not know and can not find the answer.

My question:Β  there are likely to be a number of different vaccines for Covid 19, coming onto the market in December 2020 and the following year.Β  If one has one of the vaccines and then another vaccine arrives that is better per se or better for a particular age group, is it possible/advisabe or otherwise to then have the second vaccine?

Β 

Β 

Just a guess..yes I think its doableΒ 

34 minutes ago, john luke said:

Β 

Β 

at the speed in which they are planning to release the vaccines, they will be just guessing on what the possible side effects are and getting another vaccine will come under that. the only reason I would get a vaccine is to travel as I expect that to be compulsoryΒ 

On 11/27/2020 at 10:52 AM, fforest said:

Would it not be a good idea for all you vaxxers to at least wait for a few OTHER millions people to take it first......

But in the meantime you catch the virus and die! Thats a life saver because that Vaccine gives you a nasty rash for the first 24hrs.

10 hours ago, galenkia said:

Like we trusted the government predictions over infection and death rates?.Β 

And what a load of bollocks they turned out to be.Β 

It's just a race by the drug firms to get the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow by getting the vaccine out first at any cost.Β 

All the drug firms have agreed it is not profit making, not sure about China!

23 hours ago, fforest said:

Even if someone was 100% for vaccinations...Wouldn't they want to know a few basic things like what's in it?...How does it work?...HaveΒ there been any adverse reactions? Who makes it? etc etc.........I honestly just don't get it....Β 

I think you have to play the odds, In this case you have the medical profession recommending it and it is free of charge.Β 

Take it and you may have a few side effects or not and possible die, or have long-term disabilities.

On the other hand, if you take the smoker, they know smoking isΒ harmful and that every fag is packed with dangerous chemicals (I'm sure there will be a list of all the chemicals for them to read). All medicals professionals will recommend giving up!

It costs them a fortune and they will defend their right to smoke, whilst sucking their last breath on the ventilator.

But 20% of the population defies the odds andΒ still smoke!Β  I honestly just don't get it......

Β 

Β 

Β 

I'll take it and pretty sure my Doctor will strongly recommend it.

I take the flu shot every year and have done so for close to 20 years.

It would really dumb not to, plus I want to travel again, hopefully without quarantine either way.

FWIW these are the statistics of cases for my State of the virus detected while people have been in 14 days Quarantine going back to May/ June 2020 -

Since 30 June 2020 Count
Asymptomatic travellers screened at day 2 51,868
Found positive 288
Since 15 May 2020 Count
Asymptomatic travellers screened at day 10 63,764
Found positive Β 150

Β 

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Pages/default.aspx

Β 

Edited by Zeb

6 hours ago, john luke said:

Β 

Β 

Good question. I don't know the answer.

Β 

But.... here are a couple things I speculate ---

The brand of vaccine that may be offered might be limited. So, some regions may only get one kind. In the beginning you may either have to be acceptable to that one, or travel (pay) for a different brand somewhere else.

Many vaccines require boosters. Some short term, like you need to get 2 initial jabs a couple weeks apart. And then some that you need to get a booster years later. Tetanus is another one that people need to get boosters on.

I am sure we will hear much more about this type of thing in the upcoming weeks, months, years. And I think vaccinations will become more upfront and more routine etc.Β  better accepted by more people.

Β 

No doubt though I still believe by far the most important vaccinations to get are the Hep A, and B. There is continued research going on for C.

• Like 1

Guys, international travel has been a big part of my adult life, going back over 30 years while a working stiff. And I plan for it to continue as a retired stiff.

With the groups being named in descending order for who will get the vaccine in America first, I'm hoping my soon to be 82 year old mother is able to receive it by the end of February. I'm figuring around May or June for me.

And one of the first things I'm doing after getting it, or if a 2 shot dosage a month apart, then right after that 2nd shot, is getting online with Kayak and booking a round trip to BKK for December 2021 into January 2022.

Got a sneaky suspicion that by the next holiday season, there are going to be a whole bunch of reunions going on among the bm's here and other Pattaya boards.

The Christmas and New Year celebrations that will take place a year from now will be one's for the history books for sure!

Let's all keep healthy and safe in the upcoming year so we can make up for lost time.

Looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys again!

• Like 3