Covid vaccine uptake

Washedup

15 hours ago, Washedup said:

Watched a programme about virus hunters, very worrying

The scientists believe viruses will become more frequent and more deadly due to the homo sapien population increasing. 

incorrect post

Edited by eyes4thais
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ain't that America...

In California, wealthy patients are offering top dollar to cut the line for a Covid-19 vaccine

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/19/us/covid-vaccine-wealthy-california-patients/index.html

"...Dr. Jeff Toll, whose boutique internal medicine practice has admitting privileges at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, said one patient offered to donate $25,000 to the hospital in exchange for an early shot of the vaccine..."

I'm more interested in my elderly parents getting the vaccine, so we can go visit with their grand daughter, hugs and kisses, without the worry and stress. 

This Xmas is gonna be the cause of many elderly deaths. I think it's madness, but to each their own, people have to make their own decision, i can see both sides and wouldn't be judging anyone on doing what they think is the best for them and their relatives. 

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 5

Since my last post in this thread, I found out a coworker died from Covid. She was the 3rd one. Happened last Friday, Dec 10th, the day I believe that the first shipments of the vaccine from Pfizer were being readied for transport and distribution to the front line healthcare workers in America who would be first up to receive that initial shot. She might have been 40 years old and leaves behind a husband and 15 year old son. And several of her coworkers and friends who will think of her fondly, as she was about as nice a person as they come.

I'm reminded of the irony. In every war, there is that last soldier who gets killed before the impending surrender of the losing side to their conquering victors.

With the beginnings of the vaccine now underway, I think we have reached that point in this fight against the pandemic, that these infected people now who just don't have the fight in their bodies to overcome the virus, are the last soldiers dying in those final hours of darkness before the bright light of victory over the virus shines it's radiance and becomes reality.

For many, no matter how fast this vaccine has been tried and tested, how much data has been gathered, the number of side effects and severity, and the government and top healthcare professionals giving the go ahead for mass human inoculation, that will eventually reach into the billions, it will still be a race against time that sadly, will end prematurely for too many victims.

For those who either have reservations about taking the vaccine or are adamant about not taking it at all, I bet there are loved ones of those who have already died, who wish they had been given the chance to take it to spare them the suffering and misery of their passing.

No one wants to take the bullet from the last gun fired before the battle is over and victory is assured.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Since my last post in this thread, I found out a coworker died from Covid. She was the 3rd one. Happened last Friday, Dec 10th, the day I believe that the first shipments of the vaccine from Pfizer were being readied for transport and distribution to the front line healthcare workers in America who would be first up to receive that initial shot. She might have been 40 years old and leaves behind a husband and 15 year old son. And several of her coworkers and friends who will think of her fondly, as she was about as nice a person as they come.

I'm reminded of the irony. In every war, there is that last soldier who gets killed before the impending surrender of the losing side to their conquering victors.

With the beginnings of the vaccine now underway, I think we have reached that point in this fight against the pandemic, that these infected people now who just don't have the fight in their bodies to overcome the virus, are the last soldiers dying in those final hours of darkness before the bright light of victory over the virus shines it's radiance and becomes reality.

For many, no matter how fast this vaccine has been tried and tested, how much data has been gathered, the number of side effects and severity, and the government and top healthcare professionals giving the go ahead for mass human inoculation, that will eventually reach into the billions, it will still be a race against time that sadly, will end prematurely for too many victims.

For those who either have reservations about taking the vaccine or are adamant about not taking it at all, I bet there are loved ones of those who have already died, who wish they had been given the chance to take it to spare them the suffering and misery of their passing.

No one wants to take the bullet from the last gun fired before the battle is over and victory is assured.

An excellent post- sorry to hear about the loss of your workmate.

The vaccine is here in the UK, I know people who have had it already, and one lady whose is being jabbed this morning- Sunday or no Sunday, the vaccination program rolls on😀

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1

Interesting article in last week's Time magazine about the immunity protection of the vaccines. 

Seems to be more about preventing the sickness rather than actually stopping you catching the virus. 

More about reducing hospital admissions,though I bet most people believe they will be immune to catching it. 

14 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Interesting article in last week's Time magazine about the immunity protection of the vaccines. 

Seems to be more about preventing the sickness rather than actually stopping you catching the virus. 

More about reducing hospital admissions,though I bet most people believe they will be immune to catching it. 

The end points for the efficacy trials were preventing disease (i.e. showing symptoms) and preventing severe disease (reduced oxygen levels). It was never about preventing infection.

It remains to be seen if those vaccinated who become infected can pass on the infection.

See the video with Dr Daniel Griffin posted above.

• Thumbs Up 2

The wife got a call out of the blue from our GP last night, to tell her she needs to attend the County hospital today for a Covid vaccine injection!

Apparently, it’s because she looks after 2 elderly couples who live down the Lane (she’s done it for at least 10 years unpaid, as they have no families) though quite how they traced her is still unclear. Anyway, looks like she’ll be having a jab before me. 🤗

• Like 1

Neighbour a few doors away just got his, 81 with a pacemaker. Walks more miles than me..hes very happy

He will be off over the moors to see hes grandkids. 

Really happy for him great bloke..he would do anything for anyone 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Good for him. 👍
The people that the wife looks after are well into their 80’s and not in the best of health, so I assume that’s why she got put forward for the vaccinations. Apparently they will be getting theirs on Christmas Eve. 

Over the last year, the wife has spent a fortune on PPE so she could keep looking after them, by batch cooking their meals and taking them to appointments etc. 
I have to say, she looks cute in a plastic apron, gloves, face visor and mask. For me it’s the 2020 equivalent of a sexy girl in a nurses uniform. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Good for him. 👍
The people that the wife looks after are well into their 80’s and not in the best of health, so I assume that’s why she got put forward for the vaccinations. Apparently they will be getting theirs on Christmas Eve. 

Over the last year, the wife has spent a fortune on PPE so she could keep looking after them, by batch cooking their meals and taking them to appointments etc. 
I have to say, she looks cute in a plastic apron, gloves, face visor and mask. For me it’s the 2020 equivalent of a sexy girl in a nurses uniform. 😉

You have kind hearted wife 😇👍

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...
On 11/27/2020 at 10:14 AM, Washedup said:

Will you take the vaccine when it comes available..I certainly will in 2021 

Not Pfizer thanks. Spanish researchers put the Pfizer vaccine under an electron microscope and found it contains 99% graphene oxide and hardly anything else. There is practically NO evidence that this “vaccine” is gene therapy. There is ZERO genetic material: mRNA or DNA or spike protein. It means this “vaccine” has nothing to do with a so-called virus. This product wasn’t developed to avoid an infection caused by a virus. The true purpose of this product remains hidden. No official statement from governments or health institutions has been made. The toxicity of graphene oxide is reason enough to stop the global vaccination program. (State of The Nation). ONLY Sinovac or SputtieV for me..

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Tommaso_Turek said:

Not Pfizer thanks. Spanish researchers put the Pfizer vaccine under an electron microscope and found it contains 99% graphene oxide and hardly anything else. There is practically NO evidence that this “vaccine” is gene therapy. There is ZERO genetic material: mRNA or DNA or spike protein. It means this “vaccine” has nothing to do with a so-called virus. This product wasn’t developed to avoid an infection caused by a virus. The true purpose of this product remains hidden. No official statement from governments or health institutions has been made. The toxicity of graphene oxide is reason enough to stop the global vaccination program. (State of The Nation). ONLY Sinovac or SputtieV for me..

Man you are so full of shit you should change your board handle to Public Toilet!

The following is an extract from a publication produced by the Australian TGA. That is a government/health organisation!

BNT162b2 [mRNA]

The active ingredient is a single-stranded, 5’-capped messenger RNA (mRNA) produced using a cell-free in vitro transcription from the corresponding DNA templates, encoding the viral spike (S) protein of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).

List of excipients

((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate) (ALC-0315)

2-[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide (ALC-0159)

Distearoylphosphatidylcholine (DSPC)

Cholesterol Potassium chloride

Monobasic potassium phosphate Sodium chloride

Dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate Sucrose

Water for injections

https://www.tga.gov.au/auspar/auspar-bnt162b2-mrna-comirnaty

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

trolls.png

Yes they are worthless on a forum for maintaining stability and interest. They have a motive to disrupt, personally they are of no benefit to forums and should be culled.

Nothing to do with free speech unless you are happy for your membership to be reduced.

12 hours ago, Tommaso_Turek said:

What do you mean it's not gene therapy!

Next you'll be telling us it doesn't alter our DNA and turn us into capachin monkeys ffs!

• Haha 1