Covid vaccine uptake

Washedup

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

I am probably going to get flamed for this, but...I believe in Science, more over I believe in my Primary Care Physician more then anything else. 

This year in July I have had the Shingles Shot ( Shingrix) the FLUZONE shot in October ( she is cool, supposed to wait until you are 65 for for this, but at 63 she said no problem.) Wifey had the regular flu shot. 

I have an appt Dec 10th for the Pneumococcal Pneumonia shot. 

Count me in for the Covid vaccine too...

I have been "poked" this year more then the Kardashian Sisters have f%#%^& black guys LOL! 

Anti vaxxers are a smallish minority so I wouldn’t worry mate.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Anti vaxxers are a smallish minority so I wouldn’t worry mate.....

Not in the US...

"WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans' willingness to be vaccinated against COVID-19 rebounded a bit in October, as seen in Gallup polling conducted before Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna made promising announcements about the likely effectiveness of their coronavirus vaccines. Fifty-eight percent of Americans in the latest poll say they would get a COVID-19 vaccine, up from a low of 50% in September..."

https://news.gallup.com/poll/325208/americans-willing-covid-vaccine.aspx

Capture.JPG

1 minute ago, lazarus said:

Not in the US...

"WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans' willingness to be vaccinated against COVID-19 rebounded a bit in October, as seen in Gallup polling conducted before Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna made promising announcements about the likely effectiveness of their coronavirus vaccines. Fifty-eight percent of Americans in the latest poll say they would get a COVID-19 vaccine, up from a low of 50% in September..."

https://news.gallup.com/poll/325208/americans-willing-covid-vaccine.aspx

Capture.JPG

Bunch of weirdos then not following doctors orders.....

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

The rise of those against vaccinations seemed to start with the advent of social media and, in particular, the younger generations.

Been around a bit longer than that.

The Vaccination Act of 1853 ordered mandatory vaccination for infants up to 3 months old, and the Act of
1867 extended this age requirement to 14 years, adding penalties for vaccine refusal. The laws were met
with immediate resistance from citizens
who demanded the right to control their bodies and those of their
children. The Anti Vaccination League and the Anti-Compulsory Vaccination League formed in response
to the mandatory laws, and numerous anti-vaccination journals sprang up.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/history-anti-vaccination-movements

3 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Bunch of weirdos then not following doctors orders.....

Even if someone was 100% for vaccinations...Wouldn't they want to know a few basic things like what's in it?...How does it work?...Have there been any adverse reactions? Who makes it? etc etc.........I honestly just don't get it.... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fforest said:

Even if someone was 100% for vaccinations...Wouldn't they want to know a few basic things like what's in it?...How does it work?...Have there been any adverse reactions? Who makes it? etc etc.........I honestly just don't get it.... 

are you a scientist / biochemist ? 99% of the people taking these vaccines aren't .. they have to trust the people they have put in power and that any cures or vaccines have gone through stringent tests before the population gets them .. if the EU and British scientists say it's okay,  I'm willing to take it ... not so much with DiaperDon and anything he has fast tracked , bleach etc 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

are you a scientist / biochemist ? 99% of the people taking these vaccines aren't .. they have to trust the people they have put in power and that any cures or vaccines have gone through stringent tests before the population gets them .. if the EU and British scientists say it's okay,  I'm willing to take it ... not so much with DiaperDon and anything he has fast tracked , bleach etc 

You don't need to be a scientist to have a basic understanding on how things work.....I guess some people are label readers and some people are not....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Even if someone was 100% for vaccinations...Wouldn't they want to know a few basic things like what's in it? (read the CMI)...How does it work? (read the CMI)...Have there been any adverse reactions? (read the CMI) Who makes it? (read the CIM) etc etc.........(probably covered by the CMI)

I honestly just don't get it.... 

42 minutes ago, fforest said:

You don't need to be a scientist to have a basic understanding on how things work.....I guess some people are label readers and some people are not....

In Australia ALL prescription medicines (vaccines generally require a prescription) plus some non-prescription medicines MUST be registered with the TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration). I'm sure most countries have a similar agency.

To be registered the pharmaceutical company must supply a CMI (Consumer Medicines Information) leaflet for the product. From the TGA website

A CMI document is written by the pharmaceutical company (sponsor) responsible for the medicine.

CMIs are important because they provide information aimed at bringing about better health outcomes.

A CMI includes:

• Name of the medicine
  • Names of the active and inactive ingredients
  • Dosage of the medicine
  • What the medicine is used for and how it works
  • Warnings and precautions, such as when the medicine should not be taken
  • Interactions the medicine might have with food or other medicines
  • How to use the medicine properly
  • Side effects
  • What to do in the case of an overdose
  • How to store the medicine properly
  • Name and address of the sponsor
  • Date the CMI was last updated

So you can either trust your medical practitioner to be aware of what is in the CMI or the hyper-paranoid can search the TGA's CMI database for the information.

The TGA also maintains an "Adverse Effects" database for all registered products so you can check if a medication will increase/decrease your penis size if that is of concern.

What else do I need to know?

Edited by fygjam

1 hour ago, Mrmango said:

But the flu shot only works on a few strains of the flue and it changes every year.

That is true but averages out at 40 - 60 % effective each year.

It nevertheless remains to be seen what percentage of the world's population get vaccinated.

They just have to make it mandatory to fly and find some way to prove vaccination other than a potentially forged document. I would suggest a dog chip in the back of the neck. 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Jambo said:

. . . . and find some way to prove vaccination other than a potentially forged document.

IATA have already said they're working on an app that'll verify vaccination status by linking in to vaccine administration information.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fforest said:

Yes and as with all prescription medicines in the pack will be a patient information sheet telling you all that. Simply ask to see it before you get the injection and you will have all the info you need. In fact once it’s officially approved it will be available online, just find out which one you are getting and voila.

5 hours ago, Mrmango said:

But the flu shot only works on a few strains of the flue and it changes every year.

They also change and update the vaccine every year based on the strains that are going around.

Edited by Sangsom

22 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I started having the flu shot long before I reached the age of getting it free on the NHS.

To my knowledge I never had flu.

I'll be having the Covid vaccine for sure.

Before my first visit to Thailand I had a whole range of jags all free on the NHS. I also had my annual flu jag which they charged me for which did not make a lot of sense to me. 😛

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stillearly said:

they have to trust the people they have put in power and that any cures or vaccines have gone through stringent tests. 

Like we trusted the government predictions over infection and death rates?. 

And what a load of bollocks they turned out to be. 

It's just a race by the drug firms to get the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow by getting the vaccine out first at any cost. 

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1