Sports you find boring/unwatchable

john1000

American football,baseball,basketball,ice hockey,athletics,show jumping,darts....horse racing on tv but attending totally different.

We lived about 4 miles from Newmarket for around 3 years & because I didn't like horse racing on tv I didn't go.The missus certainly didn't want to go.

Since been to Chester races a couple of times & Glorious Goodwood & it was brilliant.Especially Goodwood as I got the first 5 winners.

21 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Cricket, baseball and darts (if you can call darts a sport) 

Oh and golf (watching, not playing) 

This type of “darts” is considered a sport by many an athlete,  myself included.
😉

Edited by KhunDon
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Can't think of any ... 

Yep same here. In the current situation whilst we can't attend live events, watching most sports on TV wins hands down over the vast majority of the shite on TV.

Afternoon racing done, looking forward to the T20 now🙂. Going to draw the line at Palace v Newcastle later, that could be pretty grim admittedly .

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Yep same here. In the current situation whilst we can't attend live events, watching most sports on TV wins hands down over the vast majority of the shite on TV.

Afternoon racing done, looking forward to the T20 now🙂. Going to draw the line at Palace v Newcastle later, that could be pretty grim admittedly .

really missed live sport during the first lockdown, have probably overdosed since then though ... four live matches on a Saturday does get a bit much ....currently watching Darts on ITV4  🙂 

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

really missed live sport during the first lockdown, have probably overdosed since then though

Yep same here again🙂

Thinking more about the OP's question what bores me most about sports today is the dominance of football- in the media, conversation, volume of coverage e.t.c

Growing up in the UK we had a far broader appreciation of sports.  From the 5 Nations Rugby, Test Cricket, Wimbledon Tennis,  The Derby & The National Darts, Snooker, FA Cup Football, Motor Racing- hell we even watched wrestling on ITV😄

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Yep same here again🙂

Thinking more about the OP's question what bores me most about sports today is the dominance of football- in the media, conversation, volume of coverage e.t.c

Growing up in the UK we had a far broader appreciation of sports.  From the 5 Nations Rugby, Test Cricket, Wimbledon Tennis,  The Derby & The National Darts, Snooker, FA Cup Football, Motor Racing- hell we even watched wrestling on ITV😄

World of Sport , with Dickie Davies ..... this week cliff diving from Acapulco.... 😉 555

Just thinking about C4 when that first started , they gave us coverage of NFL , but they also regularly broadcast Sumo wresting, I used to know all the big names ... even remember they broadcast series's of Kabaddi from India .... as I said earlier there's not much I won't watch 555 

51 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just thinking about C4 when that first started , they gave us coverage of NFL , but they also regularly broadcast Sumo wresting, I used to know all the big names ... even remember they broadcast series's of Kabaddi from India .... as I said earlier there's not much I won't watch 555 

Gosh, Kabaddi I remember watcing that moreso out of curiosity but Thanks  for the memory it’s certainly an obscure one!

• Like 1