Sports you find boring/unwatchable

john1000

4 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I enjoy most sports especially if played at high level, but I don't realy watch cricket or any horse related sport.

Fishing ..., now there's a sport I probably wouldn't watch live ...  555 

I think Barry Hearn tried to get it televised ....

the edited highlights on shows like Monster Carp can be pretty entertaining though  and Whitehouse & Mortimer go fishing is fun ....  🙂 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

Fishing ..., now there's a sport I probably wouldn't watch live ...  555 

I think Barry Hearn tried to get it televised ....

the edited highlights on shows like Monster Carp can be pretty entertaining though  and Whitehouse & Mortimer go fishing is fun ....  🙂 

It's getting bigger all of the time, Monster Carp, the Big fish off, River Monsters etc are very popular.

Rob Hughes has a program on BT Sport every week.

Barry Hearn has televised the World Carp champs the past few years too.

I think the time on the bank involved doesn't really lend itself to a live production. LOL

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

One type of sports I have no interest in are eSports , I never really been into gaming ( apart from Space Invaders , Track & Field and Tetris .. all when I was much younger )  - but there are vast amounts of money involved in online tournaments and millions watch .... just googled this https://dotesports.com/general/news/top-earning-esports-players-21870 

during lockdown I did watch a little bit of the virtual F1 they did and the virtual Grand National , but they're not for me , might be a generational thing though judging by how much these young guys are earning 

10 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Yes I don't watch any womens sports.

Not only is it mostly Mickey Mouse but you cannot turn on the proper mens footy without some woman being one of the pundits and trotting out a remark such as "playing it down the channels" and making out she understands what the f**k she is talking about. They really get on my tits!

As they used to say when I lived in Scotland "Get'ta'f**k" with all of them and take that token female linesman who waves her flag in every other top match as well.

Beach volleyball and the womens long jump is worth 5 minutes just for the crack.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Not only is it mostly Mickey Mouse but you cannot turn on the proper mens footy without some woman being one of the pundits and trotting out a remark such as "playing it down the channels" and making out she understands what the f**k she is talking about. They really get on my tits!

As they used to say when I lived in Scotland "Get'ta'f**k" with all of them and take that token female linesman who waves her flag in every other top match as well.

Beach volleyball and the womens long jump is worth 5 minutes just for the crack.

Last World Cup , the women pundits were far more prepared than some of the former "stars" that just rocked up and hoped to wing it ... ,give the jobs to the best candidates I say 😉 

11 hours ago, galenkia said:

Cycling, swimming and long distance running are 3 off the top of my head. 

Could add plenty more. 

I agree with swim competitions, and that's a sport I competed in for many years. Even as a competitor it was boring to watch, and boring to spend hours of the day waiting for your next heat.

2 minutes ago, roobob said:

You may call it football... to many Aussies it is known as Soccer...... in fact our National team is called the Socceroos.

cheers

I knew that , but everyone in the west and Europe where we play real football call it by it's real name "football"

Cheers

(Hope you're well Bob 🤣)

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Last World Cup , the women pundits were far more prepared than some of the former "stars" that just rocked up and hoped to wing it ... ,give the jobs to the best candidates I say 😉 

Women should stick to cooking programs and all the rubbish they spout on about on morning talk shows and leave men's sports to the men.

They will want the vote next.

Mind you, if they dress up in one of them costumes that make them look like a giant penguin they could always get a job in the BBC or Sky as a political correspondent.

39 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Women should stick to cooking programs and all the rubbish they spout on about on morning talk shows and leave men's sports to the men.

They will want the vote next.

Mind you, if they dress up in one of them costumes that make them look like a giant penguin they could always get a job in the BBC or Sky as a political correspondent.

The vote and then equal pay ........ what is the world coming to.

Anyway back to John's opening punt:

Weightlifting ........ ages staring at the bar, talc on the hands more wandering around, heave grunt strain ........repeat again and again.

Stock car racing ..... round and round and round and round and the odd crash and then round and round ......

The marathon ..... run run run ...... 3skinny Ethiopians, Kenyans break away all on drugs ...... one skinny wins ....in 3+ hours of tedium ....

Basketball .... run jump score .... other side run jump score ....7ft 6in freaks ...someone misses Baltimore Crocodiles 106 ---- Delaware Gators 103....

The Olympics or Commonwealth Games ....... apart from the odd athletics few seconds

12 bore shooting and archery ........... people firing and mostly hitting the centre of a target until one is 10 cms off 

Thai Dragon Boat Racing ......24 in one boat same in the other all paddling like mad in a straight line until the wealthy one win.

The Magnificent 7 above .............

.......... especially when some overpaid ethnic minority leftie non-binary BBC woman is commentating.

Col. Horace Gussett   (Retd)

The Rectory  

Stroud Near Gloucester

• Haha 2