Getting bored ..

code_slayer_bkk

4 minutes ago, Esco said:

I think there are different variations of boredom being discussed in this thread. 

Code is bored with slappers hitting him up for money. 

Tom is bored with people trying to take advantage of his business in this difficult time.

And finally Thai Spice is just plain bored.

in case you're wondering, I'm good and not bored one bit 🙂

Of all those commenting I could guarantee your life wouldn't be affected by boredom.

You may be a bit pissed off if you were here in Wales though.  Doesn't affect me but Brains (the Welsh Brewer) is shutting all it's pubs on Friday and so is Wetherspoon.  Neither need to close but as they can't serve booze they have decided to close in protest at Mark Drakeford (our First Minister) making his crazy decision.  In fact many pubs have barred Mark Drakeford from any of it's pubs, even saying he could be arrested lol 

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/mark-drakeford-barred-100-north-19377496 .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Everybody here who seems depressed has a family so I would hope that support and togetherness should be enough to see boredom or depression a distant thing

I had 2 "family" lives. One in France for 7 years 1 kid, one in Thailand 15 y 3 kids.

Now I have a companion. Different. Very different.

I have plenty of "things" to keep me occupied but not all are particularly stimulating 

I am a social creature and probably bored now with my own company.  It is the isolation factor that I am bored with. 

It's not so easy to plan my week, that doesn't involve going out and meeting others or going to places that I might normally visit. 

I find that each day has started to roll into the next, with great similarity. One saving grace is that I run my mate to the hospital twice a week and have a reason to go out apart from shopping for food.  It kind of gives me a purpose

It was much easier, during the summer. But now with dark nights drawing in earlier and colder weather, going out is not so pleasant. 

That said, I am coping, but I am longing for some real excitement, whatever that may be. 

Under normal circumstances, if I was feeling low, I would be booking my next trip to Thailand and looking forward to that. But as we all know, that has not been possible for some time. 

I think that for most of us, if we experience the same thing everyday, then it's easy to become bored. I have had days in Pattaya even when I have been bored. But then have a great time the next day. So more about my mood than the environment. 

On a more positive note. I try and think of what it would have been like 30 years ago during lockdown without mobile phones, Internet.social media, access to movies, Zoom/Skype etc. 

I miss my band most. We have not been able to rehearse during the last month. But that will now change from this week on and spur me on to practice stuff at home, before hand.  We tried hooking up online but it was a disaster 😊

Oh well, hopefully by Spring, things will be a lot different, maybe even before. I am just riding the storm like so many others

I'M FIXING A HOLE WHERE THE RAIN GETS IN AND STOPS MY MIND FROM WANDERING......... 

i think I am frustrated more than bored.  this was my year to slow down, everything was in its right place and things looked good.  I knew business this year would be a trial  from the start, but we had enough in the bag to see us thru and I could slow down, which I need to do.  

I have lived thru wars, revolutions, crashes and depressions, and had the radio turned off for a year.  so I am not inexpreienced with shite, but this has been a nightmare

yes sorry, its frustration and stress not boredom, so I guess I am the fred f**er  

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Esco said:

I think there are different variations of boredom being discussed in this thread. 

Code is bored with slappers hitting him up for money. 

Tom is bored with people trying to take advantage of his business in this difficult time.

And finally Thai Spice is just plain bored.

in case you're wondering, I'm good and not bored one bit 🙂

Yea, I hate being "hassled" or "bugged" about something a simple as money ... there is a shit load of it out there .. go out and get yours .. don't beg or ask for anything .. I never did  !

I have no respect for money ... yea, I have been able to earn a shit load of it .. but, that is not the point I am trying to make ...

I always help anyone I can ... even if I don't know them if for good reason .. not for a gal simply begging you for baht ....

There was a point in my life after I got out of prison ... I didn't know what to do with myself .. that was a hard time for me .. it wasn't about money .. it was what I am going to do with my life .. I didn't want to go back .. and I could have very easily and I had 3 parole officers that were super anxious to send me back ... busting my balls every week .. I was on a dangerous slope ... everyone I knew was "mobbed up" or a super heavy dope dealer ... I was at a critical point in my life .. I had to decide .. I didn't wanted to go back to solitary in the ADX .. that freaked me out even of thinking about going through that again ...

Anyway .. I got out of it all ... and I was super, super deeply involved in more ( dealing huge, gigantic quantities dope ) .. none of you can ever imagine   

So don't come bitching to me about money ... get a grip and make something out of yourself ... if I can .. anybody can ... no fucking excuses with me

I live a really good life that is suited for my wildness ... I have nothing to ever complain about .. never ... because I know the other side ( I lived it ) ...

Just don't come to me begging .. I fucking hate it .. with these bullshit excuses .... I totally understand your grief .. but, you are gonna have to "cowboy the f**k up" and take control of your life .. make a decision .. ..

I live totally free and wild ... I am happy .. and I love and always keep Beach gal and Ziggy happy( and I love them both to death )  .. everyday that I that I am home .. I am blessed .. for sure! 

Maybe I should have used another word instead of "boring" .. maybe frustrated ..

I totally understand .. but ... take control of your life .... freeloading is a bullshit way to live ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

I had 2 "family" lives. One in France for 7 years 1 kid, one in Thailand 15 y 3 kids.

Now I have a companion. Different. Very different.

Being pedantic is what I expected from you.  You are still a family in the sense I was suggesting, you have a companion that should see you through this pandemic with a smile.  Of course if you don't see it that way then maybe there are deeper issues.

Even without my daughter I was contented with my partner, the reason I was with her in the first place, she wasn't there to pass me a Bintang.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tommy dee said:

Bored?  flippin right.  I am doing 3 peoples jobs trying to keep afloat and watching some people sitting back doing the usual hands in the air thing with the "not my fault" attitude  either that or head sin the sand.

I dont remember ever being so tired as I am now,  exhaustion for sure.  I grab a grandad nap when poss but some days, not ime even for that.  my little team is working its derrieres off to do a good job but some we we deal with are turning into sharks.  decision made.  yes I am bored and pissed off but we will come thru this, and those who were with us will always be the stars to me, those who are trying to screw our balls to the wall will be treated as termites once this is over but, for now, its knob swallowing ( means bite your tongue).

Bored? frustrated?  seriously at the end of the tether?  yes x 3

sorry for rant

I'm with you there

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Hate to " reign" on the party here, the only request I get for money is to buy cute bikini's..........and I am Ok with that.

I am never bored....someone makes sure of that. 

Even in a pandemic LOL! 

Cruelty will be rewarded someday... 😈

• Like 1
  • Haha 1