Sprouts - aka Brussel Sprouts - Love them or Hate them?

john luke

9 minutes ago, boydeste said:

They form part of my every day veg mix. I never used to be keen on them as a youngster, but now I love them as long as not over cooked.

Todays meal I have just eaten :-

20201201_125533.jpg

With baked beans that's certainly different.

Essential part of the Christmas platter. Over or undercooked a big no-no though, and got to be gravy available to bathe them in.

A few years ago, farmers developed a modified strain that was significantly less sour than what was standard in the past, so supermarkets now sell a sweeter product which wins over the hesitant diners.

• Like 1

Same as Herr Boydeste ........ could not abide them when I was young. Like rhubarb, tomatoes and liver. Know enjoy all of those.

Sprouts are great Christmas Day but agree so much don't overbuilt. Taste great the next day chopped up and fried in butter with bacon, chestnuts and sea salt.

Like Marmite too on toast only ....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Same as Herr Boydeste ........ could not abide them when I was young. Like rhubarb, tomatoes and liver. Know enjoy all of those.

Sprouts are great Christmas Day but agree so much don't overbuilt. Taste great the next day chopped up and fried in butter with bacon, chestnuts and sea salt.

Like Marmite too on toast only ....

Cream cheese & Marmite sandwiches.  Was my packed lunch for school everyday.  LUSH