Insults

Bazle

3 hours ago, Freee!! said:

Churchill was a man to turn an insult. 

How about the one where he was supposedly accosted at a party by a woman saying, "You are drunk!!" - to which he replied, "Yes, madam - but you are ugly and tomorrow I shall be sober"...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, maipenrai said:

How about the one where he was supposedly accosted at a party by a woman saying, "You are drunk!!" - to which he replied, "Yes, madam - but you are ugly and tomorrow I shall be sober"...

Would be his style according to other tales about him.

20 hours ago, maipenrai said:

He mustn't of had mirrors in is home. He was definitely no oil painting.

• 2 months later...
On 12/4/2020 at 11:39 AM, Freee!! said:

Churchill was a man to turn an insult

At a party, a women confronted Churchill and told him "If I was married to you, I would put poison in your drink"

Churchill responded:

Madam, if we are married, I would drink it"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address on it?"

Mark Twain

This is great ......

Love Mark Twain's witticism and sarcasm. The actor Hal Holbrook does a great imitation of him in his Mark Twain Tonight shows. I was fortunate to catch one of his live appearances in Milwaukee years ago.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Love Mark Twain's witticism and sarcasm. The actor Hal Holbrook does a great imitation of him in his Mark Twain Tonight shows. I was fortunate to catch one of his live appearances in Milwaukee years ago.

I didn't see him live but did see the productions on television.  Holbrook did a brilliant job of imitating Mr Twain.

11 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

He does a wonderful job of this, and had apparently been doing it for decades until he passed away last month at the age of 95 - RIP Hal Holbrook.

5 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

He does a wonderful job of this, and had apparently been doing it for decades until he passed away last month at the age of 95 - RIP Hal Holbrook.

Sad news about his passing. I missed that. Didn't see mention of his passing in the obituary topic. Going to rectify that oversight now.

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Sad news about his passing. I missed that. Didn't see mention of his passing in the obituary topic. Going to rectify that oversight now.

Yes sad indeed, another great actor that had graced our screens in varied roles. Been in some great movies.

RIP

• 3 months later...