Great service.

roobob

1 minute ago, Freee!! said:

Why are you quoting yourself without any additional info?

Probably meant to click on edit and hit quote by mistake. Definitely not a double post. Edit button used to be next to the quote button. Done the same myself after the latest upgrade moved things around.

Not sure why the OP assumed he ruined your day with the quoted post.

Good to hear. My first trip of 3 weeks back in 2008, my stupid arse was actually without a local mobile phone. The number of FL ladies, all ladies actually, I missed out on was crazy. Canadian phone providers have only recently started unlocking phones purchased on their networks.....it was about time! Anyway, I remember walking into some tech shop in Patts with my old Samsung/LG from back home, and the guy at the counter tried like hell to get into it so I could install a local SIM. Must have spent 45 minutes trying to crack it......at the end he just bowed his head, and said “nothing I can do” . I really appreciated the effort, and threw him a few baht

10 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Good to hear. My first trip of 3 weeks back in 2008, my stupid arse was actually without a local mobile phone. The number of FL ladies, all ladies actually, I missed out on was crazy. Canadian phone providers have only recently started unlocking phones purchased on their networks.....it was about time! Anyway, I remember walking into some tech shop in Patts with my old Samsung/LG from back home, and the guy at the counter tried like hell to get into it so I could install a local SIM. Must have spent 45 minutes trying to crack it......at the end he just bowed his head, and said “nothing I can do” . I really appreciated the effort, and threw him a few baht

I think I would have bought a cheap Thai phone for the length of time you spent over there!

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, roobob said:

My Samsung Smart TV of just over a year old was having some problems with the picture and I thought is was TV related..so took a few pictures of the screen and yesterday headed off to where I brought at Homepro to se if I could get it fixed under warranty. The fellow there looked at the photos and said...not TV.... do you use an android box or are you with True Vision. Replied with True and he said get them out and they will fix the problem as it is coming from their end.

Off to True..... told the lady about the problem and showed the photos. Ok she said... we wlll have someone there today between 4-5pm and off I went. At 3pm I get a call from the True serviceman... he is in the vicinity and wants to call in early and duly shows up 5-10 minutes later. Turned on telly.. no problem he says.... changes the cables ..... updated my old wifi box to a new one 5G one.... all fixed with a smile on his face. He then gives me his number..... tells me he is one of the area serviceman and if I have a problem to ring him direct instead of going into the True office. Total cost for this farang to fix the problem.... just the time to drive the 15 minutes to Homepro/True Office. All replacement cables supplied free of cost... no charge for serviceman and the new wifi box. 

We get plenty of negative reports about how bad Thai back up service is.... so decided to post a positive report as on this occasion it was first class...... from Homepro with their advice and from True with their quick attention to fix the problem. Job well done by the firms involved.

cheers

Yes, always nice to hear something positive, especially during these otherwise shite times.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I think I would have bought a cheap Thai phone for the length of time you spent over there!

Trust me Stew it was painfully obvious, when I went back that next July for 8 months, my first barfine from Misty’s took me shopping for one. It was a different era back then, no smartphones yet, did all my web stuff on the laptop. But yeah, definitely missed out on some girls, Christ I think I had met 4 or 5 in one day walking on 2nd Road just saying “hi”. Ahhhhh, to be 32 and slim again

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Trust me Stew it was painfully obvious, when I went back that next July for 8 months, my first barfine from Misty’s took me shopping for one. It was a different era back then, no smartphones yet, did all my web stuff on the laptop. But yeah, definitely missed out on some girls, Christ I think I had met 4 or 5 in one day walking on 2nd Road just saying “hi”. Ahhhhh, to be 32 and slim again

Yes, I had a little Nokia back then with a Thai SIM in it. I still use that same number today. Even then it made life much easier to keep contact and arrange meet ups with the girls.

I can't match your age. LOL

Weight wise I am about a stone heavier right now than back then, hoping to shed some of that over the winter if I can get somewhere hot.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Yes, I had a little Nokia back then with a Thai SIM in it. I still use that same number today. Even then it made life much easier to keep contact and arrange meet ups with the girls.

I can't match your age. LOL

Weight wise I am about a stone heavier right now than back then, hoping to shed some of that over the winter if I can get somewhere hot.

Well this steak & eggs thing works, believe me

Just now, Golfingboy said:

Well this steak & eggs thing works, believe me

I run on reduced carbs all of the time to maintain my current weight.

If I was to cut the alcohol out totally I am sure a few more pounds would come off!

Good luck on that strick no carbs diet, remember to have a cheat day once per week or your body might plateau.

• Thumbs Up 1