THE RIGHT TO PRIVACY

tommy dee

Yea Bro .. I kinda agree .. but what is a threat over the internet anyway .. just wasted energy and words .. I always laugh ... a lot different when you can look someone dead in the eyes ....

I would banned them for sheer stupidity .. other than their "internet" threat .... lol ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea Bro .. I kinda agree .. but what is a threat over the internet anyway .. just wasted energy and words .. I always laugh ... a lot different when you can look someone dead in the eyes ....

I would banned them for sheer stupidity .. other than their "internet" threat .... lol ...

Spot on mate .... nail hit on head ..... lot of sheer stupidity out there just now .......... that Twitter never been near it never will. 

8 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Spot on mate .... nail hit on head ..... lot of sheer stupidity out there just now .......... that Twitter never been near it never will. 

Yea Bro .. me also .. never any Twitter .... a small tiny use of Facebook ( when it was first rolled out - years and years ago  ) -

But, all of my friends are still in prison or dead .. so Facebook was a waste of my time ... never any other social media sites ... plus, I hate the fact that "big brother" monitors all of the social media sites ....

I think I am better off without all of them ....

The only site I share anything with anyone else is this site ( and I have probably said to much about myself ) ....

A couple of techy sites .. but, I mainly use for knowledge / info .... never any general yak ...

I don't need any social media site to find happiness or worthiness in my life ...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/17/2020 at 9:29 AM, tommy dee said:

any form of threat however veiled , is never acceptable and will, as it has today, lead to a permanent ban from the forum

For Tommy to post this - clearly there is substance behind it.

It might help to say what actually happened ?

Just saying.

• Like 1

I can only assume the Politics Club has been too much for yet another member.

That said, anything that helps cut down in the multitude of fucking US Politics threads can only be a good thing IMO.

Yes i know i could leave the 'Club', but i like the odd bit of politics. Though when you log on and see 10/11/12 or whatever ongoing threads on US Politics in the view new content page, it's a bit much, for me anyway. That and Covid shite has me lost interest a bit. 

I can remember when the Secrets boys first came to this forum complaining that Secrets had turned into a US Political forum, oh how i laughed, wouldn't happen here i chortled ....

• Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Without going into too much detail

A member sent a rather disturbing threatening Message to another member, which was rightly reported to Mods/admin. 

It was sinister in nature and revealed that he had gone to the trouble of finding out the address of the member that he was threatening. 

Whether on the Forum or via PM, that is not acceptable. 

We accept that sometimes members may strongly disagree over some issues, particularly in the Politics area, however, there are limits as to how far they develop into insults/threats etc of a very personal nature. 

As this happened via PM, most members would not be aware of the incident. 

We simply cannot allow this kind of thing to happen, and it rarely does, or likely to happen in the future. 

It was absolutely the right thing to do, in banning that particular member

There are some absolute maniacs who frequent these forums, either as members or guests. Some of the stuff i've heard about over the years is headshaking. 

Stuff like this and stuff like i read the other week on Peter Storm's thread just reiterates to me why i put everything in at least Advanced, cover my face etc.  Only small things, and sad you have to, but 🙄 ..... And who can forget the screenshots debacle that still makes me laugh and cringe in equal measure, like how sad must you be to come onto a forum purposely to screenshot stuff and carry it to another 🤣  My 4 year old is more mature, but there you go, the mentality of some!

• Haha 2