THE RIGHT TO PRIVACY

tommy dee

37 minutes ago, Mr Mosquito said:

Lol.........storm in a teacup

Nothing unusual about a bloke overstepping the mark and getting banned on a forum.

Happens all the time........no big deal. 

True dat

But, and I quote that bloke off the radio:

"anyonene who is sick enough to troll another member to the extent that they can narrow down his home address, with photos and make wanton threats needs mental help not posting rights."

I mean over a difference of opinion about politics FFS. That type of behaviour goes a bit further than overstepping the mark in my book. 

Could understand if it was over football or wearing a mask 😬

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

I appreciate your concern but I have broad shoulders, however I'm sorry but you really need to justify the highlighted statement. (Have you hacked Admin's mailbox).

Why would i need to do that?

I was posting on the said thread, the original Trump thread when they starting crying to Admin, stuff like a Mod was not allowed a opinion, i even ridiculed them for doing so, saying it was all fun and games when they were dishing it out, but not so when a few gave it back.

Indeed Admin came on to the thread and gave his opinion. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mr Mosquito said:

Lol.........storm in a teacup

Nothing unusual about a bloke overstepping the mark and getting banned on a forum.

Happens all the time........no big deal. 

Yes and no.

Sure it happens all the time, people over step the mark and get banned.

Though if someone goes to the extent of somehow finding out where someone lives, then tells them such with threats, and say the person also has young children in the house, then that's different in my book. 

That's at best creepy, at worst the actions of an unhinged lunatic. 

Would anything else have came from it?  Probably not, but who knows, certainly you or me don't know.

There are many maniacs who frequent these forums, i know of everything from violence being dished out, to contacting employers getting people sacked, to all sorts of mad shite that has happened. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

But yea, Politics always causes problems on any Board i have used, even helped kill Secrets according to many how came here from there. Certainly putting me off this forum

Only for Americans....

Logic, as they are a deeply, bitterly divided biparty society, and have been taughed since long that Rep must hate Dem and vice versa. Hence ANY difference of point of view on ANY subject will be brought back to that and degenerate.

Even good old Mangobollocks had that virus !

Sad state of affairs, pretty well explained in a few documentaries. 

Search Youtube "America, a deeply divided society"

It has gone as bad as religious extremisme....

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Why would i need to do that?

I was posting on the said thread, the original Trump thread when they starting crying to Admin, stuff like a Mod was not allowed a opinion, i even ridiculed them for doing so, saying it was all fun and games when they were dishing it out, but not so when a few gave it back.

Indeed Admin came on to the thread and gave his opinion. 

A mod should keep a certain distance / neutrality and sure NOT get deeply involved in the political section....

Basic 101. Same as a cop or a judge can have a political opinion but he leaves it at home when he put on his uniform ! 

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Only for Americans....

Logic, as they are a deeply, bitterly divided biparty society, and have been taughed since long that Rep must hate Dem and vice versa. Hence ANY difference of point of view on ANY subject will be brought back to that and degenerate.

Even good old Mangobollocks had that virus !

Sad state of affairs, pretty well explained in a few documentaries. 

Well, we can certainly have our disagreements re Brexit or whatver, but it's all civil, i agree.

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

A mod should keep a certain distance / neutrality and sure NOT get deeply involved in the political section....

Basic 101. Same as a cop or a judge can have a political opinion but he leaves it at home when he put on his uniform ! 

Disagree.

Mods can and should be able to have an opinion same as everyone else, i certainly did as a Mod on PL.

But it's irrelevant what me or you think re this, as Admin came onto that thread as said 'how it is' in regards to a Mod giving his opinion. 

5 hours ago, Esco said:

I've been going to the gym almost everyday day mate. Almost went yesterday, almost went the day before.. 

They just closed them all here ffs, have to do my Zumba and Diva Dance Classes online now :default_biggrin:

Headphones on, Mariah Cary blasting ...

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Only for Americans....

Logic, as they are a deeply, bitterly divided biparty society,

America had a truly terrible Civil War from 1861 to 1865 and then a hundred years of Jim Crow laws.

It will survive but I think the economic and social effects of this virus and the ghastly nature of Trump and social media will be toxic for America for a few years. I also think history will now make Trump by far the worst ever President after Warren Harding. Yes he got 70 million votes and did not launch many wars but his disrespect of democracy is unforgivable.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

I also think history will now make Trump by far the worst ever President after Warren Harding. Yes he got 70 million votes

That's exactly the problem ......

But, ok, lets not turn this in an another US politic thread ! 

Back to topic.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ok, I was off the board for pretty much the last week and when I logged back on Saturday, I saw what had happened but not clear as to why. As a contributor to the US Politics threads, I went searching for clues as to the why, before another bm steered me to this thread.

The banned member and I were kindred spirits in those threads, often agreeing with each other's take. I do admit his often short, "kick them in the balls" style of responses and quips could be deemed a bit edgy for some, and I had thought it was a post in a thread that was the reason for his being banned. Had no idea it had to do with the content in a pm toward another bm until reading here.

As an American, I also wanted to agree with those who felt there were way too many US Politics threads. Seems some of the thread contributors felt that every single subject deserved it's own particular thread. I always felt that no more than maybe 3 were ever necessary at any point, election year or not. I didn't like having to scroll down through so many political threads either. Was always the same voices taking the opposing sides.

Could have easily fit in with an ongoing thread.

And on a final point, for those who especially have taken issue with me, and vice versa, with our posts expressing our views.....as was posted previously, being my political opponent does not make you my enemy. Challenging someone on their opinion, trying to poke holes in it while they try to do the same with yours, is good sport, providing things remain civil and the name calling doesn't devolve into a vile, tasteless dehumanizing exercise.

But for the most part, even with those who I disagree with, and they with me, if we met in person for a drink, I'm sure that civility would reign supreme and maybe even see eye to eye on a few things, solving our shared problems one beer at a time!

I suspect without Alias around, those political threads won't be nearly as spirited. I'll miss his take on things.

• Like 5

I genuinely did not know we had a political section. :default_biggrin:

Personally I have nothing but contempt for politicians, all politicians, of all political persuasions and nationality.

The vast majority are all cut from the same cloth being power seeking, egotistical, inveterate liars prepared to abandon any and all principals when expedient to do so to serve their own ends.

Democracy is an illusion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I genuinely did not know we had a political section. :default_biggrin:

Personally I have nothing but contempt for politicians, all politicians, of all political persuasions and nationality.

The vast majority are all cut from the same cloth being power seeking, egotistical, inveterate liars prepared to abandon any and all principals when expedient to do so to serve their own ends.

Democracy is an illusion.

You speak my language. 

Frankly, I'd have them all rounded up and shot. 

• Like 2

On 12/18/2020 at 10:58 AM, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea Bro .. me also .. never any Twitter .... a small tiny use of Facebook ( when it was first rolled out - years and years ago  ) -

But, all of my friends are still in prison or dead .. so Facebook was a waste of my time ... never any other social media sites ... plus, I hate the fact that "big brother" monitors all of the social media sites ....

I think I am better off without all of them ....

The only site I share anything with anyone else is this site ( and I have probably said to much about myself ) ....

A couple of techy sites .. but, I mainly use for knowledge / info .... never any general yak ...

I don't need any social media site to find happiness or worthiness in my life ...

Same.... my only "social media" outlet is here.

Twitter is for twats. What a crock.   FB ?   never, never, never

• Thumbs Up 1