COVID MASS NUMBERS IN THAILAND THIS WEEKEND

tommy dee

COVID HITS THAILAND
Samut Sakhon has been put under a lockdown with a curfew imposed from 10pm-5am taking effect last night until Jan 3 in the wake of a new and large wave of Covid-19 cases.
Samut sakon is one of the provinces surrounding the capital Bangkok and is adjacent to Samut Prakan.. . and whilst leaving the province was banned as of saturday night ..the concern is for the capital itself and other regions
initially you were told that some 13 cases had been found, originating from workers in a local fish market,
BUT by last night 548 cases were found among 1182 tested, this according to state broadcasts by the national broadcasting commission., which also included a claim that most of the cases were found within immigrant worker communities.
as the province goes into lockdown, so understandably the worry is that many will have already left as part of their normal life patterns , with many having returned too to their home towns or villages to vote this weekend....
and some, undoubtedly will have the virus.
the biggest concern tho is that many cases are reported as asymptomatic which means that they show no signs or symptoms of the illness ...but are effectively carriers.
All schools, sports venues, malls and cinemas along with other non essential businesses are closed within the province and no report on how residents currently OUTSIDE Samut Sakhon can re enter.
BURMA has been the elephant in the room for months now, as the case count there rose daily by the thousands. Here military have done their best to man borders , which stretch 2500KM in the hope of catching illegal immigrants but to be fair to them, that was and is an almighty task.
HOW DOES THIS AFFECT YOU? ( WHERE EVER YOU ARE)
Firstly the hourly reminder on Fabulous 103fm should be strictly adhered to. Mits mask and Metres. Wash your hands regularly, and use hand gel.
wear a CLEAN mask at all times when away from your home and keep social distancing. These three steps have worked so far in Thailand and seen zero cases until recently.
BUSINESSES everywhere need to upgrade and overhaul Anti Covid Hygiene Procedures making sure that surfaces are sterilized at all times
SHOULD YOU BE WORRIED THAT IT WILL SPREAD TO OTHER PROVINCES?
YES. sorry but thats how it works. ( and lets hope thats not the case).
If you work on the assumption that domestic travel will see cases elsewhere then you and everyone around you will be extra diligent in taking precautions.
YOU CANNOT RELY on looking for someone sniffing, coughing or with fever as, we have been told, many cases are asymptomatic.
Its better to assume that anyone you come in contact with MAY have the virus and working on that assumption stick to strict social distancing
AVOID Relying on Social media. Much of which is simply conjecture and scare mongering.
the Government will continue to issue regular statements and we will relay those to you in our news bulletins.
For now, and lets hope for the long haul too, our province, and all other provinces other than Samut Sakhon have shown zero case counts.
Lets hope that it remains that way
and with the reminder: mits masks metres
Stay Safe
Image may contain: text that says 'COVID 19 ADVISORY'

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yea, Beach gal told me about this last night .. she told me to come back home to the South ASAP .... so late tonight or very early tomorrow morning I drive back .. it is a long fucking drive .... but, no reason to just let the Beast sit here in BKK for a month and I am thinking no reason to get on a plane to Hat Yai and then a mini van to get home

Beach gal is truly a beach gal .. she believes that because we live on the sea .. we are safe ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

27 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea, Beach gal told me about this last night .. she told me to come back home to the South ASAP .... so late tonight or very early tomorrow morning I drive back .. it is a long fucking drive .... but, no reason to just let the Beast sit here in BKK for a month and I am thinking no reason to get on a plane to Hat Yai and then a mini van to get home

Beach gal is truly a beach gal .. she believes that because we live on the sea .. we are safe ...

hearing reports of cases in BKK already matey, might be good to hop off now, better safe than sorry as they do these lock downs without warning.  good luck

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

hearing reports of cases in BKK already matey, might be good to hop off now, better safe than sorry as they do these lock downs without warning.  good luck

Have you heard any rumblings coming from Pattaya City Hall, or the Chon Buri governor's shack?

5 minutes ago, Murchie said:

Not good news at all. Good to swift action from the government though. 

It's all over the Bkk area already mate, probably Pattaya as well. 

Hope they won't lock us dow with Christmas around the corner but not out of the question. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, andycoll said:

Just received a text from my Bangkok lady telling me the restaurant that she works in has had to close, as have others. They where told to go home as they were now in lockdown. 

Where in Bkk is she? 

53 minutes ago, Esco said:

It's all over the Bkk area already mate, probably Pattaya as well. 

Hope they won't lock us dow with Christmas around the corner but not out of the question. 

Just spoke with Pim and she was saying the same, not looking good.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, andycoll said:

Bang Na.

Bang Na is not very far ( actually pretty close ) from Samut Sakhorn where the 548 people ( ? ) were determined to have the China Virus .. 

I never watch the news here .. so, I don't know about the rest of BKK or Patts .. I get all of my Thai news from Beach gal ...

If any lockdowns occur in BKK  .. I would know .. Beach gal would be on the phone to me in a nanosecond ...

Beach gal also told me it is still OK to drive through Samut Sakhorn ... I have to drive through it on RAMA II .. to get deep South ...

7 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Bang Na is not very far ( actually pretty close ) from Samut Sakhorn where the 548 people ( ? ) were determined to have the China Virus .. 

I never watch the news here .. so, I don't know about the rest of BKK or Patts .. I get all of my Thai news from Beach gal ...

If any lockdowns occur in BKK  .. I would know .. Beach gal would be on the phone to me in a nanosecond ...

Beach gal also told me it is still OK to drive through Samut Sakhorn ... I have to drive through it on RAMA II .. to get deep South ...

Keep your foot on the accelerator Joe and don't stop ....eyes on the road and think of  cold beer and beach gal ..... good luck mate.

2 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Keep your foot on the accelerator Joe and don't stop ....eyes on the road and think of  cold beer and beach gal ..... good luck mate.

Yes ... I usually stop in Hua Hin or Cha Am .. not this time ... petal to the metal ...

I will be ok Bro .. thank you ...

• Like 1

Deeply anti Myanmar biaised article (idem for the 2 previous ones btw) in BKK Post.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2038439/samut-sakhon-covid-cases-to-keep-rising

Same shit happened in SGP, where construction workers are kept / lodged in slavery like conditions.

Not surprising a virus will spread like a wildfire in that kind of environment.

Now, as @Escomentionned the vast majority of workers are Myanmar, but what about the customers / buyers in that market ? They are obviously Thai, no ?

And very likely coming from different cities and provinces. So we can reasonnably expect some.of those buyers having been infected and brought the thing back to their shops and home towns ?

But, anyway let's put some barbered wire around the workers camp, and as mentionned by another genius minister "Situation 'back to normal' within 4 weeks"

Again, wait till Thailand start to do some serious mass testing and you'll see the problem....

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Deeply anti Myanmar biaised article (idem for the 2 previous ones btw) in BKK Post.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2038439/samut-sakhon-covid-cases-to-keep-rising

Same shit happened in SGP, where construction workers are kept / lodged in slavery like conditions.

Not surprising a virus will spread like a wildfire in that kind of environment.

Now, as @Escomentionned the vast majority of workers are Myanmar, but what about the customers / buyers in that market ? They are obviously Thai, no ?

And very likely coming from different cities and provinces. So we can reasonnably expect some.of those buyers having been infected and brought the thing back to their shops and home towns ?

But, anyway let's put some barbered wire around the workers camp, and as mentionned by another genius minister "Situation 'back to normal' within 4 weeks"

Again, wait till Thailand start to do some serious mass testing and you'll see the problem....

But if they start testing now they will be able to blame it all on Myanmar not the Chinese 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3