COVID MASS NUMBERS IN THAILAND THIS WEEKEND

tommy dee

39 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

The rumour mill is in full swing. 

People saying there is an outbreak in buriram with 27 confirmed cases. 

Can't see anything from official sources. 

I just asked Beach gal about Buriam ... she told me she also has not heard anything about it either ... no lock downs in BKK either .. not to say it won't happen though ...

1 hour ago, roomark said:

At least Thailand handled well at first.

Come back to the U.K to see a fucking mess, then you will have the right to moan.

Hope you get to see your family soon, but the way things are going the U.K gonna be locked out of a lot of places until everyone has had the vaccine if at all.

There was a picture up here in the papers the other day, hundreds of idiots lined up waiting on a primark opening. Lucky if you could see handful of masks on. 😂 

Once Christmas and new year is over with the numbers will rocket up, far too many stupid people here. 

Edited by JPK
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

Porch sitting the past couple nights up here in CM. Just off the heart of main tourist area. So quiet you could hear a mouse fart at 0100 hrs. Almost as if lockdown was in place.

I think we're going to start seeing them left and right soon. I hope I'm wrong.

10 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I just asked Beach gal about Buriam ... she told me she also has not heard anything about it either ... no lock downs in BKK either .. not to say it won't happen though ...

It's natural when this sort of thing happens the rumour mill goes into overdrive. The Thais acted swiftly which should reduce the spread. Most new cases in the central belt and all allegedly linked to the market. If other cases pop up in different parts of the country, not linked to the market, then its time to worry. 

Screenshot_20201221_135245_com.twitter.android.jpg

55 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Just spoken with a mate who lives in Ao Nan, Krabi.

The rumour there is that 3 cases have been detected in Ao Nan, and a further 14 in Krabi town, so mass testing is about to begin.

And with testing the number of detected cases will go up.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think Thailand  will definitely be getting more cases all over, These migrants that are getting the blame for bringing it to Samut Sakhon never teleported there from the border😀. They will have been travelling around stopping off on the way and eating food and doing whatever. 

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

The rumour mill is in full swing. 

People saying there is an outbreak in buriram with 27 confirmed cases. 

Can't see anything from official sources. 

I just checked the buriramexpats.com forum.  I used to live there and we still have a house there, so I'm a member.  No indication on the board of any outbreak and they're really fast on current events.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

And with testing the number of detected cases will go up.

16 minutes ago, JPK said:

I think Thailand  will definitely be getting more cases all over, These migrants that are getting the blame for bringing it to Samut Sakhon never teleported there from the border😀. They will have been travelling around stopping off on the way and eating food and doing whatever. 

Well, well....slowly, slowly reality sets in ......

A pretty good article in Asia Times on this story. And no, it is unlikely that the Burmese brought it with them from Myanmar.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/12/migrant-cluster-breaks-thai-covid-winning-streak/

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, roomark said:

At least Thailand handled well at first.

Come back to the U.K to see a fucking mess, then you will have the right to moan.

Hope you get to see your family soon, but the way things are going the U.K gonna be locked out of a lot of places until everyone has had the vaccine if at all.

Well f**k me that came true a bit too quick 😵😷🙈

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, roomark said:

Well f**k me that came true a bit too quick 😵😷🙈

Its an absolute disaster here at the moment. Met with my 3 brothers this morning, we met in a local park just to be on the safe side. I believe in England teir 4 areas even that is forbidden.

47 minutes ago, Murchie said:

Its an absolute disaster here at the moment. Met with my 3 brothers this morning, we met in a local park just to be on the safe side. I believe in England teir 4 areas even that is forbidden.

I think we will all be in a lockdown again before New Year  ..

I went in the supermarket before and half the veg and different foods were gone I really hope this doesn't get worse the next few days (panic buying)

4 minutes ago, roomark said:

I went in the supermarket before and half the veg and different foods were gone I really hope this doesn't get worse the next few days (panic buying)

From the experience of what happened here in Melbourne and now in Sydney I think you can put money on it happening.

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, roomark said:

I think we will all be in a lockdown again before New Year  ..

I fear that your right and I also fear that I'm going to get stuck here in Aberdeen. 

• Sad 1

Bro .. some great places to stay in the middle of nowhere ....

Well a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then, and I could not remember where we stayed so I did a timeline. It would appear we did not stop! crashed through the night 408mls in 7hrs 50 mins.

a229902e46e342d7b0be557ff8b9721d.jpg

20 hours ago, JPK said:

There was a picture up here in the papers the other day, hundreds of idiots lined up waiting on a primark opening. Lucky if you could see handful of masks on. 😂 

Once Christmas and new year is over with the numbers will rocket up, far too many stupid people here. 

Brilliant shopping in Primark.

I bought 15 ( 5 x 3)  sets of boxer shorts in size FB during my last visit to the UK  but that was over two years ago and they are suffering from fart fatigue.

I was hoping my daughters could bring over replacements but I cannot see that happening in 2021.

6 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^ I still had a little further to go ( another 4 - 5 hours .. depending on traffic ) ... I live not far from Pak Bara .... 

That side of Thailand on the Adaman sea is just fantastic .. the beaches and the sea .. WOW .. all of the little islands down that way .. incredible ...

Outside my back door

IMG_0741.JPG

And short walk .. down the beach from my back door 

j.jpg

Makes me truly happy I have a great woman to love and Ziggy can be raised in an environment like this .. I am sure it will do good for her soul .. beats the shit out of Brooklyn ....

It took me 12 years to finally marry Beach gal .. so, I know exactly what I got .... I am always slow on the "uptake" .. you gotta be able to trust first ..... and know that they have your "back" .. no other way for me ....

it certainly beats a cold damp December in northern England 👍

On 12/21/2020 at 10:18 AM, Toy Boy said:

You can see what's coming, the idiot mayor of Pattaya won't cancel the New Year countdown so all the Thai punters who want to get together in densely-packed crowds to see the New Year in will come down to Pattaya from Bangkok and elsewhere to celebrate.

Looks like he's been overruled by the provincial governor who has banned the New Year do.  The mayor is now backpedalling saying he was going to do it anyway.

^^^  Everyone seems to understand what is going on with the China virus .... I am of the opinion if people want to get together and party .. let them .. doesn't mean you or I have to go ...

I still have not been convinced that these lockdowns and draconian rules work anyway ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

42 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^  Everyone seems to understand what is going on with the China virus .... I am of the opinion if people want to get together and party .. let them .. doesn't mean you or I have to go ...

I still have not been convinced that these lockdowns and draconian rules work anyway ...

Well much of Wester Europe is about to enter its third period of lockdown, that's how effective they are....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Well much of Wester Europe is about to enter its third period of lockdown, that's how effective they are....

And the UK is completely locked out from the rest of Europe (and that without any influence whatsoever from Brexit).

It's obvious that whilst everybody isolates the vires doesn't spread that easily. The problem is when lockdown ends the virus then spreads again, which is now happening for the third time here in the UK. How long can society and the economy go on like this?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Well, Europe is persisting in that way since March, and we can all see how well it works.....

38 minutes ago, andyajn said:

It's obvious that whilst everybody isolates the vires doesn't spread that easily. The problem is when lockdown ends the virus then spreads again, which is now happening for the third time here in the UK. How long can society and the economy go on like this?

The virus is never going away, it has always been about trying to save lives and not over loading the NHS while we get an effective vaccine established. I think we are winning all be it slowly.

• Like 4
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1