COVID MASS NUMBERS IN THAILAND THIS WEEKEND

tommy dee

Well, guys ... packed up the Beast ... have another coffee and driving back home to the deep South ..

Beach gal and Ziggy anxiously wait ....

Plus, this time of night .. not really any traffic and I will be a couple hours past Hua Hin by 8 in the morning ... another 4 - 5 hours of smooth sailing .... and I will be home ...

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Well, guys ... packed up the Beast ... have another coffee and driving back home to the deep South ..

Plus, this time of night .. not really any traffic and I will be a couple hours past Hua Hin by 8 in the morning ... another 4 - 5 hours of smooth sailing .... and I will be home ...

Safe travels, there is no rush so pace yourself and take rest stops. No need to risk falling asleep at the wheel methinks!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Washedup said:

Oxford vaccine cant come soon enough 

Thailand isn't due to get the Oxford vaccine until spring time. The PM said that he won't open the borders until the Thais have been vaccinated, so it doesn't look most of us will be visiting Thailand in 2021.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A few pals who are in Bangkok today left and went to Krabi for over Christmas and new year incase there was a lockdown in Bangkok.  If they are doing all this testing I imagine it won't be long until the numbers start shooting up.

It's just my luck as well, I was planning on doing the 2 weeks quarantine the end of January, I doubt that will be happening if this gets worse and the way it's looking no-one in Europe will let you in with a British passport as thats just like having the plague at the moment 😂😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I did same route down to Krabi July 20. I left at 12.01 am, as that's when my car hire started! I just wanted to get south of Hua Hin and then look for hotel, forget where i stayed now middle of no where!

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Thailand isn't due to get the Oxford vaccine until spring time. The PM said that he won't open the borders until the Thais have been vaccinated, so it doesn't look most of us will be visiting Thailand 

I agree..January 2022 hopefully?

2 minutes ago, Washedup said:

I agree..January 2022 hopefully?

Who knows? 

I was hopeful after the vaccine news but now they are saying that they will still impose social distancing requirements on people, even after they have been vaccinated.

If may well be 2022 before you can travel to Thailand at ease. 

43 minutes ago, JPK said:

A few pals who are in Bangkok today left and went to Krabi for over Christmas and new year incase there was a lockdown in Bangkok.  If they are doing all this testing I imagine it won't be long until the numbers start shooting up.

It's just my luck as well, I was planning on doing the 2 weeks quarantine the end of January, I doubt that will be happening if this gets worse and the way it's looking no-one in Europe will let you in with a British passport as thats just like having the plague at the moment 😂😂

I don't agree, the quarentine rules that we have to pass ensure that we are not a risk, plus it generates lots of income for the hotels and hospitals.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I don't agree, the quarentine rules that we have to pass ensure that we are not a risk, plus it generates lots of income for the hotels and hospitals.

I just don't fancy taking the chance of spending 2 weeks in quarantine when the numbers are rising in Thailand. My luck I would walk out the hotel on my last day and the place would go into full lockdown 😀

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, JPK said:

I just don't fancy taking the chance of spending 2 weeks in quarantine when the numbers are rising in Thailand. My luck I would walk out the hotel on my last day and the place would go into full lockdown 😀

That's a totally different thing to them stopping you doing it methinks!

7 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Deeply anti Myanmar biaised article (idem for the 2 previous ones btw) in BKK Post.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2038439/samut-sakhon-covid-cases-to-keep-rising

Same shit happened in SGP, where construction workers are kept / lodged in slavery like conditions.

Not surprising a virus will spread like a wildfire in that kind of environment.

Now, as @Escomentionned the vast majority of workers are Myanmar, but what about the customers / buyers in that market ? They are obviously Thai, no ?

And very likely coming from different cities and provinces. So we can reasonnably expect some.of those buyers having been infected and brought the thing back to their shops and home towns ?

But, anyway let's put some barbered wire around the workers camp, and as mentionned by another genius minister "Situation 'back to normal' within 4 weeks"

Again, wait till Thailand start to do some serious mass testing and you'll see the problem....

Have to agree with you there. 

"The chance for the virus to spread to Thais is limited because they stay in their community and usually do not travel far from where they live," he said.

Absolute rubbish of course. 

Let's just hope there aren't many Thai (super)spreaders which we should learn in the coming days. 

7 minutes ago, Esco said:

Have to agree with you there. 

"The chance for the virus to spread to Thais is limited because they stay in their community and usually do not travel far from where they live," he said.

Absolute rubbish of course. 

Let's just hope there aren't many Thai (super)spreaders which we should learn in the coming days. 

I went on my morning cycle ride yesterday a little later than usual however at 08:00am the usual Bangkok Thais were already arriving to take up the best positions along Bangsaray's beach road. Every weekend it is the same with cars/trucks parked along both sides of beach road and I have no doubt similar applies to Jomtien and to a lesser degree along Pattaya's beach road.

If a new wave of the epidemic breaks out in Bangkok then there is no way it will not reappear in Pattaya and quite probably where I am staying for the next month back in Bangsaray.

6 hours ago, KWA said:

Bangkok, Bangsaen and Korat have all cancelled New Year Countdown events.  I haven't seen reports from the latter two so maybe pro-active precautions, or maybe bad news still to be released.

You can see what's coming, the idiot mayor of Pattaya won't cancel the New Year countdown so all the Thai punters who want to get together in densely-packed crowds to see the New Year in will come down to Pattaya from Bangkok and elsewhere to celebrate.

Two weeks later, amid surging cases, the idiot mayor will put the road blocks back on Sukhumvit to "isolate the problematic farang population who definitely caused the new outbreak in Pattaya". We've been here before, lol.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

You can see what's coming, the idiot mayor of Pattaya won't cancel the New Year countdown so all the Thai punters who want to get together in densely-packed crowds to see the New Year in will come down to Pattaya from Bangkok and elsewhere to celebrate.

Two weeks later, amid surging cases, the idiot mayor will put the road blocks back on Sukhumvit to "isolate the problematic farang population who definitely caused the new outbreak in Pattaya". We've been here before, lol.

He may not have any choice.

I came down to spend a month in Bangsaray/Pattaya to enjoy Christmas and the New Year festivities and there now appears to be a very good chance we will have a lock down again in  a day or two and no bars/restaurants open over Xmas/New Year.

That will complete a f***d up 2020 for me with nothing to look forward to other than similar in 2021. My daughters have changed their KLM flights to Thailand four times already with some date in August 2021 being the current one but I see little chance of that happening.

Does anybody really believe Thailand will be able to conduct an effective vaccination program next year? Third world countries will be way down the list of vaccine recipients from big pharma.

2 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Does anybody really believe Thailand will be able to conduct an effective vaccination program next year? Third world countries will be way down the list of vaccine recipients from big pharma.

IIRC, Thailand is going to be manufacturing the Oxford/AZ vaccine.

5 minutes ago, Bazle said:

IIRC, Thailand is going to be manufacturing the Oxford/AZ vaccine.

I think they are going to buy 26 million doses and also go into manufacture

OCTOBER 12, 2020

“With the expected technology transfer from AstraZeneca and following Thai FDA regulatory approval, the company is aiming to have the first batch of vaccines available in the middle of next year,” chairman of Siam Bioscience, Satitpong Sukvimol, said.

12 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I came down to spend a month in Bangsaray/Pattaya to enjoy Christmas and the New Year festivities and there now appears to be a very good chance we will have a lock down again in  a day or two and no bars/restaurants open over Xmas/New Year. 

I don't know. 

The powers that be seem to be downplaying the situation on the one hand, and preparing for a lock down strategy on the other. 

Perhaps they want to prevent people leaving Bangkok en mass before the lock the place down, or maybe they've got the idea that this outbreak can be nipped in the butt. 

The next days will be crucial for sure. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, it took me 13 hours to drive back home in the South ... I was even past Ban Krut at 8 this morning ...

I just turned up the rocking sound system in the Beast ... and rocked-n-rolled my way home ... thought a lot about about some code I need to bang ... got it worked out in my head ...

Man, I blew out of BKK and through Samut Sakron .. usually there is a shit load of traffic from BKK to Samut Sakron on the toll way - nothing ...

Easy sailing once I was past Hua Hin ...

I was happy to give Beach Gal and Ziggy a gigantic hug ...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

That will complete a f***d up 2020 for me with nothing to look forward to other than similar in 2021. My daughters have changed their KLM flights to Thailand four times already with some date in August 2021 being the current one but I see little chance of that happening.

At least Thailand handled well at first.

Come back to the U.K to see a fucking mess, then you will have the right to moan.

Hope you get to see your family soon, but the way things are going the U.K gonna be locked out of a lot of places until everyone has had the vaccine if at all.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3