COVID MASS NUMBERS IN THAILAND THIS WEEKEND

tommy dee

27 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The virus is never going away, it has always been about trying to save lives and not over loading the NHS while we get an effective vaccine established. I think we are winning all be it slowly.

See what transpires with the the American election debacle....lol.... 

Edited by Blue Streak

33 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The virus is never going away, it has always been about trying to save lives and not over loading the NHS while we get an effective vaccine established. I think we are winning all be it slowly.

I think you are right. The SARS viruses will be with us forever in various mutations. It makes sense to be proactive and diligent when a new strain emerges. Obviously, the ball was dropped by most countries with COVID-19. Exceptions being New Zealand, Taiwan, Singapore, and a few others. Interestingly, the PRC got a handle on it after Wuhan and a few other locales, and now seems to have it under control. 

Travel bans, lock downs, stay at home orders, mask mandates, etc., only work when everyone follows them long enough to control outbreaks. Obviously that has not happened in most places. Hence, hospitals and morgues fill up.

I watched a video yesterday of a large group of people (without masks) fighting with police to enter the Oregon State (US) capitol building to protest lockdown measures. And, many folks here in the US are staunchly anti-vaccination. How will it ever end?

Crazy times we live in.

Edited by lazarus
cleaned it up a bit...
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, lazarus said:

I

I watched a video yesterday of a large group of people (without masks) fighting with police to enter the Oregon State (US) capitol building to protest lockdown measures. And, many folks here in the US are staunchly anti-vaccination. How will it ever end?

Crazy times we live in.

I assume people will be required to have vaccines by employers and health insurance companies, hopefully that will incentive enough to make it effective  

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

I know, but thinking that the vaccine will solve all problems is a dream.

But it's an (important) tool amongst others.

4 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

I know, but thinking that the vaccine will solve all problems is a dream.

But it's an (important) tool amongst others.

A successful vaccine is crucial if we want to keep the vunerable protected. That coupled with herd immunity may be the only way we can get back to some normality!

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

A successful vaccine is crucial if we want to keep the vunerable protected. That coupled with herd immunity may be the only way we can get back to some normality!

Yes, but the experts admit that to have some herd immunity you need to have 60 to 70% of the population vaccinated.

And they know that is nearly impossible to achieve. 

France is starting vaccinations in old people care houses next week, based on voluntary request by the people. But polls show 50% dont want the vaccine. Amongst private hospital staff that number goes up to over 60%.

Let's wait 2 months to have some meaningfull data to analyse.

54 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

Just wait until travel insurers make it a non quid est.

The key point is not insurers, but more the destination country.

"Developping" countries dont really bother will individual freedoms, so they will probably decide without asking anybody's opinion.

I doubt travel insurers will make it mandatory, they will more likely set an exclusion cause.

Anyway we're still many months away from that....

On 11/26/2020 at 6:43 PM, Bazle said:

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Yes, but the experts admit that to have some herd immunity you need to have 60 to 70% of the population vaccinated.

And they know that is nearly impossible to achieve. 

France is starting vaccinations in old people care houses next week, based on voluntary request by the people. But polls show 50% dont want the vaccine. Amongst private hospital staff that number goes up to over 60%.

Let's wait 2 months to have some meaningfull data to analyse.

I CANT UNDERSTAND THE STUPIDity ( sorry caps) of anyone nt wanting the vaccine,  i get a shot of this that and the other every month.  no pain.  and having this shot is a priority for me and I hope everyone.  i wouldnt let anyone in here without proof of vax after its properly rolled out.  about as weird as nt sending your kids to school cos your dont like the teachers

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Samut Songkhram province has tightened restrictions for 14 days. I wouldn't be surprised to see other provinces following suit. Literally couldn't have happened at a worse time. 

agree, worst time..  but I think we will see a lot close province lines as NY approaches.  the firsrt chance of a spread was when people went home to vote last weekend, we havent seen the effect of that yet. NY like songkran will see the masses travelling.. which IMO is daft right now

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

I CANT UNDERSTAND THE STUPIDity ( sorry caps) of anyone nt wanting the vaccine,  i get a shot of this that and the other every month.  no pain.  and having this shot is a priority for me and I hope everyone.  i wouldnt let anyone in here without proof of vax after its properly rolled out.  about as weird as nt sending your kids to school cos your dont like the teachers

agree, worst time..  but I think we will see a lot close province lines as NY approaches.  the firsrt chance of a spread was when people went home to vote last weekend, we havent seen the effect of that yet. NY like songkran will see the masses travelling.. which IMO is daft right now

I would be surprised if we didn't see dozens more cases in the surrounding provinces. Hopefully they can keep it confined to the central belt, though I see some cases have popped up in Phuket and further afield. The last thing business owners in pattaya need right now are restrictions over the festive period. 

46 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

CANT UNDERSTAND THE STUPIDity ( sorry caps) of anyone nt wanting the vaccine,  i get a shot of this that and the other every month.  no pain.  and having this shot is a priority for me and I hope everyone.  i wouldnt let anyone in here without proof of vax after its properly rolled out.  about as weird as nt sending your kids to school cos your dont like the teachers

Completely stupid post and way of thinking.

So because 50% of the people don't think like you and dont follow the herd, you the supreme smart one, is entitled to call them stupid ?

Absolute rubbish, but sadly a sign of the sheep herd world we live in nowadays.

VIVE LA REVOLUTION ! 

^^^^  Bro ... that is one of the biggest issues ( problems ) in my mind surrounding the China Virus ... no clear, concise .. consistent message ....

All of these fucking experts say one thing one day and then another thing the next day ...

Just look at how many times Dr. Fauci has contradicted himself ... the WHO .. the CDC ... etc's ... seems like these people and organizations have no fucking clue what they are saying or recommending

Can people ( especially me ) trust what these fucks say ... I cannot .. f**k them

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

9 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Well much of Wester Europe is about to enter its third period of lockdown, that's how effective they are....

9 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Well, Europe is persisting in that way since March, and we can all see how well it works.....

Just depends on how well you do it.

Victoria, Australia

image.png

Where I am, in Western Australia, no locally acquired cases since April 11, and cases from those returning from overseas caught in quarantine.

Lockdowns work, if they don't then you just didn't do it right.

3 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^^  Bro ... that is one of the biggest issues ( problems ) in my mind surrounding the China Virus ... no clear concise .. consistent message ....

All of these fucking experts say one thing one day and then another thing the next day ...

Just look at how many times Dr. Fauci has contradicted himself ... the WHO .. the CDC ... etc's ... seems like these people and organizations have no fucking clue what they are saying or recommending

Can people ( especially me ) trust what these fucks say ... I cannot .. f**k them

Maybe they change because the evidence changes , rather than having a view and sticking to it ... which seems extremely dim 

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Maybe they change because the evidence changes , rather than having a view and sticking to it ... which seems extremely dim 

No, that only happens with a novel virus.

They (the mythical they again) thought it was just like the flu in January, they should have just kept on treating it like the flu.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Except they continually contradict one another and because of this the whole lot lose credibility.

Then it is compounded by political pressure interfering and you end up not believing any of them.

It will be years before world tourism gets back to some kind of normality and it seems to me that the only way to break the cycle would be to make proven vaccination a prerequisite of international travel. I suggest that simply because Covid 19 and its mutations are never going to go away just as influenza has never gone away.

What have "Experts" and I have in common?

We are all making guesses except mine are not of the supposed "educated" variety. :default_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Except they continually contradict one another and because of this the whole lot lose credibility.

Then it is compounded by political pressure interfering and you end up not believing any of them.

It will be years before world tourism gets back to some kind of normality and it seems to me that the only way to break the cycle would be to make proven vaccination a prerequisite of international travel. I suggest that simply because Covid 19 and its mutations are never going to go away just as influenza has never gone away.

We are all making guesses except mine are not of the supposed "educated" variety. :default_biggrin:

Experts have been mocked since the Brexit vote , it's becoming very clear now who should have been listened too  , not Farage and his mob .. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Experts have been mocked since the Brexit vote , it's becoming very clear now who should have been listened too  , not Farage and his mob .. 

Aye because Cameron, Blair and May have been proven correct on Brexit.

😂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Trust the science, not the scientists.