COVID MASS NUMBERS IN THAILAND THIS WEEKEND

tommy dee

4 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Yep, but our countries have not been turned in convicts camps where you can't even leave the place.

But its not a bad thing. Life in Bali is way better without bogans !

So how many countries have you visited since January, 2020?

I'm gonna guess about the same number as I have.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fygjam said:

Trust the science, not the scientists.

I do not see how that statement has any value to the average Joe in the street when it comes to how best to combat the effects of any pandemic let alone Covid 19.

We, the public in general, do not have sufficient technical knowledge of the "science" and we rely on the scientific "experts" to interpret that for us and come up with solutions that work for us all. When they cannot agree on the benefits of something as basic as wearing a face mask then God help us all.

Two years after mass vaccinations this cynic would not be totally surprised if some expert says "Sorry,who would have expected that to have happened?"

• Thumbs Up 2

Sad state of affairs in Thailand, or anywhere when this happens. In a country with the rule of law the employer would go to prison for this, with sentence doubled or tripled for possibly spreading the virus to other areas.

Covid-zone workers dumped in Samut Prakan

Fourteen Myanmar workers at a factory in Covid-19-plagued Samut Sakhon province were rushed off the premises and abandoned in neighbouring Samut Prakarn's Bang Phli district on Tuesday night.

Police at Bang Kaew station were informed of their presence about 11pm. They were left with their bags on Soi Green Lake, at the entrance to Green Lake housing estate off Bang Na-Trat Road in tambon Racha Thewa.

Ony six of them had passports.

They told police they had worked at the STI Precision Co plastic-moulding plant in Muang district, Samut Sakhon, for about a month. Personnel staff at the company told them  on Tuesday evening that police were to inspect the plant and they had to leave the premises.

They said 23 workers were to be transported from their workplace to Rayong province.

The dumped employees told police that some workers were dropped off from their vehicle on the way. The remaining 14 were taken to Rayong, where they were to be left in a forest.

They refused to stay there. The driver asked if any of them had a relative or friend who could accommodate them.

They said some relatives and friends worked and lived at a factory on Soi Green Lake in Bang Phli.

However, the factory owner rejected them for fear of breaking the law, and their having come from Samut Sakhon, the epicentre of the latest Covid-19 outbreak. So their driver dumped them at the entrance of the Green Lake housing estate.

The workers told police they had not been tested for Covid-19 and were desperately in need of help.

Local health officials took sample swabs and quarantined them. Police were contacting their employer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Jambo said:

We, the public in general, do not have sufficient technical knowledge of the "science" and we rely on the scientific "experts"

To me, the problem is that a lot of the so called "Science" comes from totally patrician Scientists. 

• Thumbs Up 2

57 minutes ago, Mrmango said:

To me, the problem is that a lot of the so called "Science" comes from totally patrician Scientists. 

The whole circus has been taken over by politicians and Big Pharma.

In France 8 doctors (of which some are senior scientist , head of top hospitals or department heads) are being sued by the French doctors board because they openly declared their disagreement with the government strategie.

On 12/20/2020 at 11:59 AM, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea, Beach gal told me about this last night .. she told me to come back home to the South ASAP .... so late tonight or very early tomorrow morning I drive back .. it is a long fucking drive .... but, no reason to just let the Beast sit here in BKK for a month and I am thinking no reason to get on a plane to Hat Yai and then a mini van to get home

Beach gal is truly a beach gal .. she believes that because we live on the sea .. we are safe ...

Thai logic at its best🙄

Alan

4 hours ago, Esco said:

There's another press conference scheduled for noon today which will be in English. 

Fingers crossed... 

saw it and read it.  total vapour.  i reckon it will all change by this time next week, actually by tuesday unless the real umbers fall

4 hours ago, tommy dee said:

chonburi 3 cases, 1 in banglamung today

Two cases according to Pattaya News, and both linked to the Samut Sakhon seafood market.

The problem is that they returned from Samut Sakhon on December 2nd but didn't test positive until December 23rd. How many people did they infect in the intervening three weeks?

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/12/25/chonburi-announces-two-new-local-transmission-cases-of-covid-19-both-had-been-to-samut-sakhon/

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I just saw a post on FB from the Monkey Bar in Korat,looks to be rocking & rolling up there....I'm only massively jealous!

By coincidence, I had a Christmas Eve buffet dinner in Monkey Bar (2) in Jomtien.

Well appointed Bar which enjoys regular support from expat customers so I am reliably informed although this was my first visit.

Really wide range of excellent well prepared food and at 390 baht to include first drink free and a complimentary "raffle" which provided me with a half bottle of whiskey was excellent value for money.

I gave the whiskey (Thai} to my mate Sweatie as being a Scot with hollow legs will drink just about anything he doesn't have to pay for himself. He was the only customer possibly ever to drink the bottle of unknown origin you have to pay for in AC in lieu of a bar fine. In fact he drunk two and subsequently passed out at 02:00am in the Reception of the Pacific Breeze. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, tommy dee said:

fresh case in hua yai, just outside pattaya, market worker.  letters going out and posters.

I went over to the local market here on Soi Regional Land yesterday afternoon. It was like April again, the whole place cordoned off and a temperature check when you enter through the one place that's open. It makes me wonder what the point of that is since so many of the new cases this time around are reported to be asymptomatic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

I went over to the local market here on Soi Regional Land yesterday afternoon. It was like April again, the whole place cordoned off and a temperature check when you enter through the one place that's open. It makes me wonder what the point of that is since so many of the new cases this time around are reported to be asymptomatic.

local mkt here is the same, suddenly very serious again. 

• Like 1