COVID MASS NUMBERS IN THAILAND THIS WEEKEND

tommy dee

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Nothing to worry about Bro ....

I'm not worried being in BKK. 

I'm worried about either not being able to go or worse unable to leave. 

Based on yesterday's press co I don't see them locking down before NYE though. 

The Governor of Rayong has signed the order to close cock fighting and Muay Thai stadiums across the province. All pubs, bars and entertainment venues in Mueang district (Rayong City) have to close. Outside this area they must close at midnight.

In Rayong city, the following must also close: fitness centers, swimming pools, museums, massage parlours, cinemas, schools, tutorial schools, game shops and karaoke. Shopping malls can only open to sell essential goods. Restaurants can only open for takeaway.

• Like 2

The Thai advisory says the closures start Monday (28th).  I can hear the music from the beach bars on my back deck so people are taking advantage pre-closure, and TW wants us to run to the mall tomorrow before they're closed (she has a coupon that expires end of the month smh). 

For my part I made a run to a nearby package store I soon as I heard there were cases and stocked up on beer and Sangsom.  My western liquor cabinet remains overstocked from when the last lock down ended and I went a bit nuts.

Edit: I live in Rayong city.

Edited by tko
Clarification above
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Esco said:

I'm not worried being in BKK. 

I'm worried about either not being able to go or worse unable to leave. 

Based on yesterday's press co I don't see them locking down before NYE though. 

Through all of this China virus shit since it began .... I was always able to drive to and fro from home in the South to home in BKK ...

There were a couple of times ( maybe no more that about 15 times ) I had to go through check points where they made every car and truck go through a road block and they would take your temperature and you were free to go ....

Never in BKK though .. always South ... just before you got to the split for Ratchaburi / Petchaburi ... close to Cha Am ... before Hua Hin ... and a couple more a little further South ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have to say fair play to the governor of Samut Sakhon province. When he was asked about outbreak among the Burmese community, he told the reporter the Burmese weren't to blame, they lived in cramped conditions and people shouldn't blame the outbreak on them. Thought it was a touch of class when it would have been easy to blame the Burmese. 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmmm...wonder why?

GOV’T VIRUS TALLY NOW EXCLUDES FIGURES FROM SAMUT SAKHON

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/12/23/govt-virus-tally-now-excludes-figures-from-samut-sakhon/?fbclid=IwAR1EB4VcPHvfXPvoiJpTe6yA5T7sGCzwRVnhXnX_JjnYC_gQD9Nwq7mCJTQ

BANGKOK — The government’s pandemic response center on Wednesday appeared to adopt a new policy of leaving out numbers of new coronavirus cases in Samut Sakhon in today’s news briefing.

The Center for the COVID-19 Situation Administration reported only 46 new cases nationwide today, without mentioning how many were found in Samut Sakhon province, where at least 1,000 cases were discovered in recent days.

Center spokesman Taweesin Visanuyothin did not say why the latest update from the province was excluded in the briefing, though he said it will be reported at a later time.

“We’re not going to report the number of cases we found during active case-finding operations among the migrant workers. It now stands at zero at the moment,” Taweesin said. “There are a number of reasons we have to discuss further.” ...

15 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Hmmm...wonder why?

GOV’T VIRUS TALLY NOW EXCLUDES FIGURES FROM SAMUT SAKHON

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/12/23/govt-virus-tally-now-excludes-figures-from-samut-sakhon/?fbclid=IwAR1EB4VcPHvfXPvoiJpTe6yA5T7sGCzwRVnhXnX_JjnYC_gQD9Nwq7mCJTQ

BANGKOK — The government’s pandemic response center on Wednesday appeared to adopt a new policy of leaving out numbers of new coronavirus cases in Samut Sakhon in today’s news briefing.

The Center for the COVID-19 Situation Administration reported only 46 new cases nationwide today, without mentioning how many were found in Samut Sakhon province, where at least 1,000 cases were discovered in recent days.

Center spokesman Taweesin Visanuyothin did not say why the latest update from the province was excluded in the briefing, though he said it will be reported at a later time.

“We’re not going to report the number of cases we found during active case-finding operations among the migrant workers. It now stands at zero at the moment,” Taweesin said. “There are a number of reasons we have to discuss further.” ...

Your article is getting on to four days old and not entirely the case what is happening...... a bit of journalistic freedom reporting there with what is actually going on..... so no need to worry why.... the article is inaccurate.   

Since the article...four zones have been put in place..... other decisions have been made...numbers are updated regularly by the Centre for of Covid-19 Administration.  

cheers

Edited by roobob

Yes as mentioned -the issue is not knowing. If you were or about to make any kind of move, be very careful right now. In fact.... make sure if you go you have back up plan and are prepared for getting stuck there. I don't want to find myself in a position where I am stuck anywhere, and I don't want to risk the option of paying on the side to get back. If you get nailed they will make huge case over it.

I just learned Japan shut out all non residents entering. For those travelling to the U.S. good luck. London and Tokyo shut down. Going to get very costly and difficult to return for those who are considering it now. And if you did find a ticket maybe take 3 or 4 days to get back. That is if you get lucky and don't get stuck in Limbo Land.   f**k that.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, roobob said:

Your article is getting on to four days old and not entirely the case what is happening...... a bit of journalistic freedom reporting there with what is actually going on..... so no need to worry why.... the article is inaccurate.   

Since the article...four zones have been put in place..... other decisions have been made...numbers are updated regularly by the Centre for of Covid-19 Administration.  

cheers

OK...apologies...just came across my "in" box last night (?)...I'll pay more attention to the date on these in the future...

Albeit...seems that COVID has taken off in Thailand in the past few days with widespread cases since the article was published ...and the "migrant" count is now considered as a separate category.

My experience in TH has been that there are folks from neighboring countries working just about everywhere and not just in factories or construction sites. Lots of Lao women in "entertainment," Cambodians in ag, Burmese everywhere...

cheers.

Edited by lazarus

9 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I have to say fair play to the governor of Samut Sakhon province. When he was asked about outbreak among the Burmese community, he told the reporter the Burmese weren't to blame, they lived in cramped conditions and people shouldn't blame the outbreak on them. Thought it was a touch of class when it would have been easy to blame the Burmese. 

There has been a lot of new construction going on in Samut Sakhon the last 3 - 4 years .... a new part of the highway ... 4 - 5 over pass bridges .. a shit load of massive buildings ( not office buildings ) , new mini malls with KFC's , etc.

They are still re-constructing big parts of Rama II ...

• Like 1

Muang district of Rayong was on Saturday declared a red zone, where the tightest Covid-19 control measures are in place, after 27 new infections were confirmed in a single day, bringing the total number of cases there to 36, provincial governor Chanchana Iamsaeng said.

26 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

Muang district of Rayong was on Saturday declared a red zone, where the tightest Covid-19 control measures are in place, after 27 new infections were confirmed in a single day, bringing the total number of cases there to 36, provincial governor Chanchana Iamsaeng said.

Yes that's only the city not the whole province. 

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

There has been a lot of new construction going on in Samut Sakhon the last 3 - 4 years .... a new part of the highway ... 4 - 5 over pass bridges .. a shit load of massive buildings ( not office buildings ) , new mini malls with KFC's , etc.

They are still re-constructing big parts of Rama II ...

Yep, it has become a victime of the Bangkok sprawl, much like Nakhon Pathom, Samut Prakan etc. The central belt has been devastated of most of its natural beauty and replaced with warehouses and factories, a victim of their own economic success.

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Sunday:
🔸6,141 people infected (+9 imported cases & +112 local cases) *
🔸4,161 discharged from hospital (+9)
🔸1,902 in hospital 
🔸60 dead (+0)

* 1 of the imported cases wasn’t in quarantine when tested positive and was then sent back to Myanmar
* 18 of the local cases are migrant workers

A new order for Banglamung just came through from the Chonburi governor. Here's the Google translate result of the 2 pages posted above. 

Order of the Communicable Disease Committee of Chonburi Province 35/2016 on urgent measures to prevent the crisis from Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the area of Bang Lamung District, Chonburi Province, as required by  Has declared the state of emergency in all areas throughout the Kingdom since March 26, 2010 and later the Prime Minister, with the opinion of the Cabinet, passed a resolution on November 23, 2020 to extend the period  In force to declare the state of emergency in all areas throughout the Kingdom (time 😎 from December 9, 1980 until January 15, B.E. 2554, together with the Chonburi Communicable Disease Committee has ordered  Establishing measures to prevent and control the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID 19 continuously, the current situation in Chonburi province has detected a person infected with the coronavirus 2019 (covID  -19) in the Banglamung district in large numbers, where the government has accelerated the process of disease investigation to find people or groups of people who are  Therefore, in order to control the spread of coronavirus infection 201s (covID-19) in Bang Lamung District, Chonburi Province to be effective and timely, therefore by virtue of Section 22, Section 35.  Section 35 and Section 45 of the Communicable Diseases Act B.E.  2) and (7) of the provisions issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation B.E.  In an emergency situation  B.E. 2554 (No. 15) dated December 25, the self-insurer is a person with communicable diseases in Chonburi Province, agrees to operate in the area of Banglamung District, Chonburi Province as follows.  Bank, ATM, cell phone service center or communication system in shopping malls, supermarkets, pharmacies, restaurants.  (Only the distribution of food to be consumed elsewhere) Establishments selling tools, appliances, materials, construction and related equipment, necessary electrical appliances for living, kitchen utensils, computers and related equipment.  Temporarily from now until the situation is resolved. 2. To close the place of service in accordance with the law on service places and establishments that are open for service in a manner similar to the place of service temporarily until the situation is resolved.  Or beverages, in which the sale of food or beverages to be brought back to be consumed elsewhere and the hotel restaurant serving only the hotel residents temporarily until the situation is resolved.  All types of services that are open for 24 hours are temporarily closed from 22.00 hours to 05.00 hours of the next day until the situation is resolved. 5. Close education institutions in both the public and private sectors of all levels.  And tutoring institutions, all child development centers, temporarily from now until the situation is resolved  Section 5. Public swimming pools, water parks, amusement parks with rides available both inside and outside the building must be closed temporarily from now until the situation is resolved. 3. Close ...

7. To temporarily close the private nursery from now until the situation is resolved.  The theater under the Building Control Law and the Ministerial Regulation on Permission for Building Fever for the Operation of All Entertainment Halls Temporarily from now until the situation resolves.  99. To close the health establishment, health massage business, traditional massage, spa business, beauty treatment business under the law on health establishments, beauty salons and clinics that provide  Beauty services, including beauty services in private hospitals, all weight management establishments, are temporarily closed until the situation is resolved. 12. Temporary closure of all indoor fitness facilities (fitness).  From now until the situation is resolved 13. To close the Internet game shop.  And all computer service establishments temporarily from now until the situation is resolved 14. Parks, exercise facilities, playgrounds, sports fields or places where people gather for sports, do not socialize or do other activities.  In the same way that there is a large number of gatherings, whether inside or outside the building temporarily from now until the situation is resolved. 25. Do not organize activities that include people, such as a fun party, recreation or activity.  Any other person in the same manner, whether inside or outside the building temporarily from now until the situation is resolved.  Duty to serve people or have a large number of people use the service which may cause the spread of disease.  To the head of such government agency to submit opinions to the Communicable Diseases Committee of Chonburi Province to consider and make orders as appropriate for the situation and the next mission.  Causing serious harm to the public or affecting the public interest, therefore, the parties may not exercise their right to object under Section 30 paragraph two (1) of the Administrative Procedure Act B.E.  This communicable disease in Chonburi Province shall be liable to the punishment under the Communicable Disease Act B.E. 2558 and other relevant laws prescribed from 30 December 2010 onwards. Order on 30 December B.E.  Chai) Governor of Chonburi Province, Chairman of the Communicable Diseases Committee of Chonburi Province, overseeing the administration in emergency situations in the area of Chonburi Province

• Like 1

Urgent !!! # Close the following locations  "Only in Banglamung District"

Order of the Communicable Diseases Committee of Chonburi Province 35/2020 dated 30 December 2020

1. Close the mall except for financial activities.

2. Close the service place according to the law on service places.

3. Close restaurants or drinks, open only to the sale of food or beverages to be taken elsewhere.

4. All types of convenience stores that are open 24 hours a day, closed from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM the next day.

5. Close educational institutions in both the public and private sectors at all levels

6.Close public swimming pools, water parks, and amusement parks with rides available both outside and inside the building.

7.Close the private nursery

8.Close the market amulet, Buddha amulet center

9. Close movie theaters and theaters under the building control law.

10.Close all snooker, billiards and bowling venues.

11. Close the gymnasium, inside the fitness building, close the game shops, internet cafes

# From now until the situation is resolved.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Surprised 1