NEW YEAR PLANS CANCELLED

tommy dee

any typos, ignore them, these were my notes for the news flash just now...

Following a meeting at city hall in Pattaya, the mayor has announced that in light of the recent covid count in regions around the capital, new regulations go into effect for the city and area surrounding
Authorities in the capital have now confirmed over 1000 covid positive tests and many are transient, moving from province to province

so for our region
1 All City promoted events leading up to and including New Year are henceforth cancelled. amongst others that includes the planned fireworks

2 Clubs and all venues are prohibited from allowing dancing in any form and social distancing is now to be strictly adhered to. night clubs can expect inspections to see that they comply

3 Hotels and venues offering New Year events CAN GO AHEAD, providing that they approach Banglamung licensing offices with a structured plan showing how those events will be organized to ensure social distancing, seat planning and similar. Venues can find out more about the details required FROM the licensing offices

4 earlier in the year the city put into place strict controls to protect residents and staff working here. these controls introduced today are expected to be replicated in the capital and other regions soon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not good news for the entertainment venues, I know, but surprisingly sensible and announced very early (by Pattaya standards), so it should allow people to change their plans. I was only half-joking yesterday when I made a remark about reinstating the road blocks on Sukhumvit that we had last April/May. The problem is clearly centred in Bangkok, so best to stop residents there from traveling to Pattaya and other places. Bring back the road blocks, lol!

• Thumbs Up 2

Well if it gets to the point that they close bangkok's entertainment. You can bet they'll do the same here to keep people from going from there to here. If they do close the entertainment venues here again it will be suicide this time because many people are just going to say I give up I'm not going through this again. Financially many won't be able to do it I'm sure again

• Like 6

2 Clubs and all venues are prohibited from allowing dancing in any form and social distancing is now to be strictly adhered to. night clubs can expect inspections to see that they comply

Most of the clubs they stand like statues anyway so that's not going to change much.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Well if it gets to the point that they close bangkok's entertainment. You can bet they'll do the same here to keep people from going from there to here. If they do close the entertainment venues here again it will be suicide this time because many people are just going to say I give up I'm not going through this again. Financially many won't be able to do it I'm sure again

nightclubs are a done deal as of yesterday .  when I asked about the gogos I was told they come under a separate umbrella and not city hall.  but i think the gogos will be told no dancing or ( i know) fraternising.    as to close to having to close.. well my little business is on that list too.  we are losing all advertisers, and thats the income.  I used my savings to get thru the last one.   last one out, pls turn off the lights

• Sad 5

4 hours ago, tommy dee said:

nightclubs are a done deal as of yesterday .  when I asked about the gogos I was told they come under a separate umbrella and not city hall.  but i think the gogos will be told no dancing or ( i know) fraternising.    as to close to having to close.. well my little business is on that list too.  we are losing all advertisers, and thats the income.  I used my savings to get thru the last one.   last one out, pls turn off the lights

So the gogos are safe...................................for now

No fireworks, no big beach parties here, but that's it.

Restaurant, pubs, clubs open as usual, beaches as well.

Of course if some idiot throws a party in his villa with full blast music till midnight and the neighbours complains, then the police will HAVE to intervene....