Common, Simple Words You Always Forget How to Spell

Glasseye

Absolutley, or is it absolutely!

For some reason i always type it out as the first, then have to correct it, then though i know how it's spelt. 

Sometimes i find myself making a post, then rereading it after posting, and realise i've completely left a word out!

Early onset of dementia? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Absolutley, or is it absolutely!

For some reason i always type it out as the first, then have to correct it, then though i know how it's spelt. 

Sometimes i find myself making a post, then rereading it after posting, and realise i've completely left a word out!

Early onset of dementia? 

I tend to spell the word 'Krapow' as C. U. N. T. 

😀

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

The usual one is loose instead of lose.

Lose = mislay or fail to win or draw

Loose = not tight

That one gives me some problems as well, not helped by (dis)similarities with "choose". My excuse is still that English isn't my mother tongue.

9 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Well that is a very good excuse mate

It is wearing a bit thin for someone of my age and mostly working in international environments (ICT for international banks).

OTOH: Every time I hear senior management mangle Dutch (in speeches), I realise it isn't that bad.

Edited by Freee!!

2 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

It is wearing a bit thin for someone of my age and mostly working in international environments (ICT for international banks).

OTOH: Every time I hear senior management mangle Dutch (in speeches), I realise it isn't that bad.

I was at RAF Bruggen from 1975-8,it was on the border of Germany/Netherlands and if you came out of the camp gate & turned left you soon hit the German border post.But if you carried on you were in Roermond where everyone spoke English and most people were very pro British.I had some wonderful times there!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

No real spelling issues, but more the use of some "tricky" nearly similar words :

The use of either / neither (not to speak about the pronunciation, different in English and American) . 

The use of "nor"

The use of quiet and quite 

And probably a few more 

I recall having a real problem in spelling "misogynist" in one of my posts. 🤣

Joyeux Noël mon ami :default_458:

Edited by Jambo

Ohh were to start...

I make a lot of mistakes both spellingwise as well as missing entire words. Often I can't bother to reread and correct what i wrote before making a post. And I promise I will continue to do that. 😜

Single words that I am aware of that gives me spelling problems.....

Necessary - (Thanks nampla for writing it above, it saved me from having to look up the spelling)

Empire - Often wanting to write it as impire.

properbly - properply - proberply.... arggghhh f**k it!

Diahhrea - diaorrohrea - diarya..... escrementi espressi

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Yacht, not that common but I need to check it any time I do use it. 

Luckily for the Dutch, that word is spelled nearly the same in Dutch (jacht) from which it is derived and that one is pretty easy (for Dutch at least).

4 hours ago, Murchie said:

Surveillance. When at work I type this word 3 or 4 times a day and still get it wrong all the time.

Yep.... That's the idea...

Some word no matter how many times I have written it they still come out f***d up, even with spell check.

I struggle with phucking kunt ........ seems to work as spellcheck seems to quite like it.

Anyway we've just got our fish back .... well sort of two thirds of it in five and half years. I never knew we had anchovy in UK waters.

Jeroice jeroice .....