Restaurants cleared to serve again?

Yesitisdakid

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

@Blue Streak Great pictures buddy, well done.

Wifey tells me that in "Minburi" where we live, in all of her social media sights and all of the neighbors in our area that she keeps in contact with,  there have been no reported positive tests. Seems suspicious to me! 

Are many people being tested that you or your family are aware of ?

Food for thought...

Closed environments facilitate secondary transmission of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.02.28.20029272v2

Results
Of the 110 cases examined, 27 (24.6%) were primary cases who generated secondary cases. The odds that a primary case transmitted COVID-19 in a closed environment was 18.7 times greater compared to an open-air environment (95% confidence interval [CI]: 6.0, 57.9).

Conclusions
It is plausible that closed environments contribute to secondary transmission of COVID-19 and promote superspreading events. Our findings are also consistent with the declining incidence of COVID-19 cases in China, as gathering in closed environments was prohibited in the wake of the rapid spread of the disease.

The airborne lifetime of small speech droplets and their potential importance in SARS-CoV-2 transmission

https://www.pnas.org/content/117/22/11875

...Our laser light scattering method not only provides real-time visual evidence for speech droplet emission, but also assesses their airborne lifetime. This direct visualization demonstrates how normal speech generates airborne droplets that can remain suspended for tens of minutes or longer and are eminently capable of transmitting disease in confined spaces.

. . .

Don’t Eat Inside a Restaurant
The risk of catching the coronavirus is much higher indoors.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/11/can-you-get-coronavirus-inside-restaurant/617151/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=atlantic-daily-newsletter&utm_content=20201221&silverid=MzEwMTkwMTM3ODg3S0

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, lazarus said:

I would imagine no one wants anyone to know if someone has "it"...

...or someone will be shunned by everyone.

You are 100% correct.

I dashed back to Mae Sot on Friday as I anticipated that there was the potential for a national lock down and a ban on inter regional travel. That has not happened (yet) but they did give me quite a hard time at the Police/army chackpoint a few miles outside of Mae Sot as there is a recommendation locally not to travel.

My wife has placed me in "isolation" for the next ten days.

This is not because Sai is worried for me that I might go down with Covid but much more to do with I might go down with Covid and pass it on to local Thai's and everyone would hate us for ever! 🤣

So I have to wear a mask all day long and I am banned from leaving the house for 10 days.  No exercise is already making my aging joints getting stiff and our fours dogs go out without me and on there own. The local male dogs must be hiding by now from our pack leader who normally obeys my "BE GOOD" shout when he goes to bully them.

Am I a man or a mouse?

Squeek.

It is only 10 days. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

in our place ALL now have to wear mnasks at all times and everyone has their own office with window and air flow.  Me I amsick as F but its flu, and clearing slowly now..  what a start

And there is the irony of the current situation.

I have had influenza twice in my life and both times, although particularly the first time, it had me bedridden for a couple of weeks and I felt like absolute shite. I had a bucket next to the bed because I did not have the energy to get to the bathroom for a piss. It took me three weeks to get back to normal.  

It would appear from feedback that a significant percentage of those that go down with Covid have either no adverse symptoms or a very mild reaction.

One can only ask are we over reacting as it is never, ever, going to completely go away irrespective of vaccination campaigns.

ps

Get well soon Tom 😷

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

My wife has placed me in "isolation" for the next ten days.

This is not because Sai is worried for me that I might go down with Covid but much more to do with I might go down with Covid and pass it on to local Thai's and everyone would hate us for ever!

Spread of the virus amongst family members is said to mainly come from Saliva on plates, knives, forks glasses, cup etc.

On the very slight chance that you might have it - maybe ask your wife to keep your eating utensils separate during your quarantine period ?

Just saying.

Also getting tested, particularly if feeling unwell etc. Loss of sense of taste or smell can be an early sign - so if you lose smell from your morning coffee ???

Edited by Zeb

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

in our place ALL now have to wear mnasks at all times and everyone has their own office with window and air flow.  Me I amsick as F but its flu, and clearing slowly now..  what a start

Shouldn't be up drinking until 3 am at your age Tommy! 

5 minutes ago, KWA said:

Unconfirmed report that Bangkok restaurants will be allowed to have dine in customers only until 7:00pm.  Takeaway only after that.

Article to that effect on PN.

Bangkok Metropolitan Administration announces take-away only at restaurants from 7:00 PM to 6:00 AM

Edited to add: Even applies to food carts.

He also stated that the order applies to street food vendors with seating and that people must still only take food for takeaway during these hours.  A ban on selling alcohol for sit-down service continues during the other hours of legal dine-in.

Edited by forcebwithu

1 hour ago, Zeb said:

Spread of the virus amongst family members is said to mainly come from Saliva on plates, knives, forks glasses, cup etc.

On the very slight chance that you might have it - maybe ask your wife to keep your eating utensils separate during your quarantine period ?

Just saying.

Also getting tested, particularly if feeling unwell etc. Loss of sense of taste or smell can be an early sign - so if you lose smell from your morning coffee ???

Everyone but her Mother knows that me wearing a mask is just a cosmetic exercise to placate her Mother who is worried I am going to infect everybody. Plus her Mother has told all the immediate neighbours that I had been away in Pattaya and knows Pattaya was surrounded by Covid hotspots in recent days. Not that I visited any of those.

Must be very long odds against me personally being the very first expat from Pattaya to go down with Covid in the month of January.

Well there is a precedent as the very first Covid case in Mae Sot back in March was a Pakistani tourist from Pattaya. 😀 The Thai teacher who brought him up tested negative but as she had an existing Thai boyfriend in Mae Sot got absolutely abused locally and I believe may well have lost her teaching job.

Currently, nothing wrong with me other than my normal early morning aches and pains until I get all my bits and pieces warmed up for the day.

I had to laugh when I walked into our bedroom and realised I would be sleeping ony own for the next 10 days. 🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Esco said:

Shouldn't be up drinking until 3 am at your age Tommy! 

wasn me it was the half pissed, dumbass, f-in neighbour who wanders in at 1 am because he is billy no mates.  but you are right, next time i will tell him to f off 😉

• Haha 4

Just had a walk up the northern part of Soi Buakhao,apart from one place that was having a jolly time

all the other places were takeaway only and no alcohol, looks like the words got through.......very sad

times indeed........sorry no pics of empty establishments tonight.........

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

23 hours ago, Yessongs said:

@Blue Streak Great pictures buddy, well done.

Wifey tells me that in "Minburi" where we live, in all of her social media sights and all of the neighbors in our area that she keeps in contact with,  there have been no reported positive tests. Seems suspicious to me! 

I live down just down Ramkhamhaeng from Minburi when I am in BKK ... no one I know or have heard of anyone that has the china virus either ...

Why suspicious ?

Time always tells you the truth ... for me, I always wait until I have proof before anything else ... until them I am neutral ....

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Zeb said:

Are many people being tested that you or your family are aware of ?

In USA right now with wifey, I will ask her to ask the people in the neighborhood if any of the locals that she knows have actually been tested yet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

In USA right now with wifey, I will ask her to ask the people in the neighborhood if any of the locals that she knows have actually been tested yet.

I work in shit load of private hospitals here ... I have asked the question is there "mandatory testing" ... no ... it is up to the person .. plus, I just asked the questions in the last couple of weeks .. " do you have china virus patients and has anyone died ''' an emphatic NO ...

I work in 3 very large private hospitals groups here .... I don't know who is testing or where these results come from

• Like 1

2 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I work in shit load of private hospitals here ... I have asked the question is there "mandatory testing" ... no ... it is up to the person .. plus, I just asked the questions in the last couple of weeks .. " do you have china virus patients and has anyone died ''' an emphatic NO ...

I work in 3 very large private hospitals groups here .... I don't know who is testing or where these results come from

Most people only want to hear the official version of things no matter what other facts are presented....Especially regarding you know what.....  

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

the private hospitals advertise testing for covid with the statement,  THIS IS NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY HAVE SYMPTOMS OF COVID.  which kind reads like they dont want real cases, and possible infection.  hence the replies you get.  heads and sand come to mind

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

the private hospitals advertise testing for covid with the statement,  THIS IS NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY HAVE SYMPTOMS OF COVID.  which kind reads like they dont want real cases, and possible infection.  hence the replies you get.  heads and sand come to mind

Wouldn't be good for business if a bunch of possible Covid carriers all of a sudden showed up at a hospital for help diagnosing and treating their illness...now would it?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Wouldn't be good for business if a bunch of possible Covid carriers all of a sudden showed up at a hospital for help diagnosing and treating their illness...now would it?

The internet has loads of videos of empty/non busy hospital all over the world...

20 minutes ago, fforest said:

The internet has loads of videos of empty/non busy hospital all over the world...

"...all over the world..." - where?

Not where I live. At some hospitals they're treating people in the parking lot.

Infections and deaths from Covid are at all time highs.

. . .

Grim start to 2021 as both S.F. and California set coronavirus records

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article/Grim-start-to-2021-as-both-state-and-S-F-set-new-15840662.php

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

Typically private hospitals/clinics provide this testing service for people that require a negative test eg for travel. 

I went to one in Holland before coming here and they also stated clearly not to go there if you had symptoms.

There are (should be?) dedicated test facilities for those experiencing symptoms and likely to be infected with covid. 

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Esco said:

Typically private hospitals/clinics provide this testing service for people that require a negative test eg for travel. 

I went to one in Holland before coming here and they also stated clearly not to go there if you had symptoms.

There are (should be?) dedicated test facilities for those experiencing symptoms and likely to be infected with covid. 

Good point.

Most of the general public testing stations where I live are drive through. You make an appointment online, show up, open your car window, get nasal swabbed, and they send you the result via text or e-mail.

They've had issues though with low risk people taking many of the appointment slots to the detriment of high risk or ill folks.

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 2