Restaurants cleared to serve again?

Yesitisdakid

39 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Good point.

Most of the general public testing stations where I live are drive through. You make an appointment online, show up, open your car window, get nasal swabbed, and they send you the result via text or e-mail.

They've had issues though with low risk people taking many of the appointment slots to the detriment of high risk or ill folks.

Surely they should keep at least one testing area just for individuals who are actually demonstrating clear symptoms of the illness?

High risk not demonstrating any clear symptoms in my opinion should just get in the appointment queue like everyone else. Low risk or the young may well be infected without any symptoms but could well stil be carriers.

7 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Surely they should keep at least one testing area just for individuals who are actually demonstrating clear symptoms of the illness?

High risk not demonstrating any clear symptoms in my opinion should just get in the appointment queue like everyone else. Low risk or the young may well be infected without any symptoms but could well stil be carriers.

Just what I've read. I've not had the need to get tested. See article below if you are interested in the details. It's gotten a lot worse since the article was written (about a month ago).

Btw, restaurants are closed where I live - San Francisco, CA US - only take out right now.

. . .

Bay Area coronavirus testing delays persist. Who’s to blame?

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/article/Bay-Area-coronavirus-testing-delays-persist-15773256.php

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, lazarus said:

Just what I've read. I've not had the need to get tested. See article below if you are interested in the details. It's gotten a lot worse since the article was written (about a month ago).

Btw, restaurants are closed where I live - San Francisco, CA US - only take out right now.

. . .

Bay Area coronavirus testing delays persist. Who’s to blame?

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/article/Bay-Area-coronavirus-testing-delays-persist-15773256.php

Interesting article, Rachanee and I have been tested 4 times now through "Project Baseline" here in Santa Clara County. Last test was Nov 16th, signed up through their web-site like the last 3 times, appt was 3 days later at the Fairgrounds and the drive through. nasal swab up the nose, put it in the container, hand it back to the Nurse and 2 days later we both get an e-mail. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Interesting article, Rachanee and I have been tested 4 times now through "Project Baseline" here in Santa Clara County. Last test was Nov 16th, signed up through their web-site like the last 3 times, appt was 3 days later at the Fairgrounds and the drive through. nasal swab up the nose, put it in the container, hand it back to the Nurse and 2 days later we both get an e-mail. 

I was listening to an interview with a top UCSF doc yesterday on NPR. She said there is a need to be more strategic with how the gov't addresses the Covid epidemic. Some communities are being "hit" a lot harder than others. There is a lack of comprehensive data. Seems the gov't has been playing catch up for almost a year now.

Multiple generations living under the same roof is a "red flag." 

Glad you & your lovely Mrs. are "clean." 😉

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/2/2021 at 2:37 PM, Bazle said:

Technically, are you classified as a "migrant worker"? 

I just saw this post come by on social media. I wasn't aware but apparently migrant workers get a pink ID card instead of a nonB visa.

FB_IMG_1609905656879.jpg

• Great Info 2