Restaurants cleared to serve again?

Yesitisdakid

many people show no symptoms when they are actually spreading the virus - Only mass testing then quarantine starts to address it.

Check points. Please.

So if you are not testing many people and not quarantining people and not contact tracing those found to test positive - you are pushing shit uphill on a stick ?

We all weep to see whats happening to the place.

Edited by Zeb

47 minutes ago, Zeb said:

many people show no symptoms when they are actually spreading the virus - Only mass testing then quarantine starts to address it.

Check points. Please.

So if you are not testing many people and not quarantining people and not contact tracing those found to test positive - you are pushing shit uphill on a stick ?

We all weep to see whats happening to the place.

They are contact tracing and reporting "infected places" every day. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Esco said:

I don't know, nor care. 

Pretty sure they don't consider any farang expats to be migrant workers 🙂

Absolutely you are not. You are on a "professional" work visa which is totally different than a migrant worker visa. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Esco said:

They are contact tracing and reporting "infected places" every day. 

I'm talking about -

1) the very low level of testing - comparatively internationally - it has always been very low comparatively. Being very polite here.

2) The 'point' of the check points - If they are not testing. They just become another means of *potentially* spreading the virus.

3) Without massive testing - HTF do they really know where the virus hot spots/ clusters are.

They don't.

4) Without widespread testing, tracing is inadequate and ineffective.

Edited by Zeb

A good point was made elsewhere. This little uptick in cases has almost been a blessing in disguise. Prior to this Thailand had got off very lightly and therefore they had no real impetus to get more vaccines.

Now the govt has been forced into overdrive to get more vaccines, apparently they will be getting some of the vaccine from as early as February now. So a chink of light at least. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

f**k all of this fear mongering .... jeez ... some of you guys ...

And f**k the governments .. it is all bullshit ...

Depend upon yourself ... if not .. nothing or anyone will help you .. that is a fact - especially the government .... !

Do you really believe my neighbors ( which are very few in the jungle ? .. or anyone else )  .. will help me ... think again ..

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Zeb said:

I'm talking about -

1) the very low level of testing - comparatively internationally - it has always been very low comparatively. Being very polite here.

2) The 'point' of the check points - If they are not testing. They just become another means of *potentially* spreading the virus.

3) Without massive testing - HTF do they really know where the virus hot spots/ clusters are.

They don't.

4) Without widespread testing, tracing is inadequate and ineffective.

1) the amount of people in hospital and deaths has always been low comparatively to the rest of the world as well, and remains low. The virus has been around for at least a month now and still only 3 additional deaths. While more testing probably would have resulted in more positive tests, the tests themselves shouldn't be a goal themselves in my view. Test when testing is deemed necessary which it wasn't for a long time. 

2) the check points presumably are to a) discourage people from unnecessary travel and b) catch people illegally trafficking migrant workers. 

I believe the Thai authorities are genuinely doing what they can, calling on people to use common sense and hoping/praying this doesn't escalate any further. 

Mass testing would almost certainly result in more positive cases, but not necessarily more people seriously ill or even deaths, while it would instantly trigger a complete lockdown. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Esco said:

1) the amount of people in hospital and deaths has always been low comparatively to the rest of the world as well, and remains low. The virus has been around for at least a month now and still only 3 additional deaths. While more testing probably would have resulted in more positive tests, the tests themselves shouldn't be a goal themselves in my view. Test when testing is deemed necessary which it wasn't for a long time. 

2) the check points presumably are to a) discourage people from unnecessary travel and b) catch people illegally trafficking migrant workers. 

I believe the Thai authorities are genuinely doing what they can, calling on people to use common sense and hoping/praying this doesn't escalate any further. 

Mass testing would almost certainly result in more positive cases, but not necessarily more people seriously ill or even deaths, while it would instantly trigger a complete lockdown. 

Do you really believe this long explanation helps anyone ...

You guys are beating a " dead horse " ...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

f**k all of this fear mongering .... jeez ... some of you guys ...

And f**k the governments .. it is all bullshit ...

Depend upon yourself ... if not .. nothing or anyone will help you .. that is a fact - especially the government .... !

The governments across the world together with the media are responsible for the fear mongering. 

Covid could be rife all across Thailand including the beautiful south. 

As long as people are coping with it there's no need for a lockdown or mass testing imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, code_slayer_bkk said:

Do you really believe this long explanation helps anyone ...

You guys are beating a " dead horse " ...

Only those with an open mind and willing to listen to reason 😉

8 minutes ago, Esco said:

The governments across the world together with the media are responsible for the fear mongering. 

Covid could be rife all across Thailand including the beautiful south. 

As long as people are coping with it there's no need for a lockdown or mass testing imo. 

I fucking agree with you 100% .. people are not generally stupid ...

Where I live in the South and many miles around life is normal .... everyone is thinking WTF ? Me too ....

Everyone around me in BKK ( with no masks or social distancing ) where I live are also thinking the same .. WTF ?

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

1 hour ago, Esco said:

How do you know ? The assertions you make above have been found to be false in so many cases - particularly in the US etc.

How could could anyone possibly know without testing extensively - Most of the world has been doing this - not Thailand ?

Looks like Thailand is seeing pretty close to a lock down anyway - for want of other words.

I want Thailand and its people to be safe and healthy, but sticking your head up your arse is not the way .

8 hours ago, Esco said:

This post is bang on ............. more testing more positive ......... wait till our London/ UK mutation hits  (its not we just can examine the genome codes and are more honey than the rest of the world). Fcuk me it is so contagious know five people positive in the last week ................. I just tested negative so Happy 2021. MIjnheer ....

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^ Who fucking cares ? .. Like I give a shit ... just take care of yourself and the people close to you ...

Be fearless .. help others where you can .. get on down the road in life ...

It is not like this business closed exclusively because of the China virus

LOTS OF PEOPLE CARE, THESE PHOTO POSTS ARE AMAZING AND KEEP US UP TO DATE, AND BIG THANKS TO THOSE WHO POST.,

CODE, YOU HAVE ALREADY FORGOTTTEN HOW THE BOARD CARED ENOUGHT TO ENCOURAGE YOU TO GET OUT OF DODGE, BKK, A WEEK OR SO AGO.  AND YOU DID.  

PERHAPS BE MINDFUL THIS IS A COMMUNITY NOT JUST YOUR OPINION,

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

The Thai Restaurants Association has fiercely opposed the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA)'s proposal to limit eateries to selling only takeaway orders and ban sit-in meals to prevent spreading Covid-19.

In the letter to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), the association said the idea announced by the BMA last week is unfair and detrimental to the ailing economy.

The letter said: "The second wave of Covid-19 is not related to the eatery sector at all. The real culprit is illegal businesses."

The letter was signed by Thai Restaurants Association president Thaniwan Kulmongkol.

• more here

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2044623/restaurants-fight-sit-in-meal-ban-proposal

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Esco said:

The Thai Restaurants Association has fiercely opposed the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA)'s proposal to limit eateries to selling only takeaway orders and ban sit-in meals to prevent spreading Covid-19.

In the letter to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), the association said the idea announced by the BMA last week is unfair and detrimental to the ailing economy.

The letter said: "The second wave of Covid-19 is not related to the eatery sector at all. The real culprit is illegal businesses."

The letter was signed by Thai Restaurants Association president Thaniwan Kulmongkol.

• more here

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2044623/restaurants-fight-sit-in-meal-ban-proposal

the hoteliers assn will not want to close either, ans the assn of gogo and sin bars will no doubt have a lobby too.  cant make it up can you when you see the list of places so far listed and assume thats 10% of reality

1 hour ago, Esco said:

• more here

Looking at the timelines of the latest Covid outbreak the list is dominated by market places with very few restaurants listed. Based on that I was prepared to agree with the Restaurants Assoc position that restaurants are not Covid hotspots, that was until a quick search found these articles that would indicate the opposite.

CDC: Dining Out Tied to Coronavirus Infection
— Study suggests complete safety not possible with reopened restaurants

Study Confirms Restaurants, Bars Are COVID Infection Hotspots

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Looking at the timelines of the latest Covid outbreak the list is dominated by market places with very few restaurants listed. Based on that I was prepared to agree with the Restaurants Assoc position that restaurants are not Covid hotspots, that was until a quick search found these articles that would indicate the opposite.

CDC: Dining Out Tied to Coronavirus Infection
— Study suggests complete safety not possible with reopened restaurants

Study Confirms Restaurants, Bars Are COVID Infection Hotspots

Yep.

Infected individual in restaurant (mild symptoms or asymptomatic) 

+ healthily individual (or group) in restaurant
+ indoor dining area
+ extended length of time w/o mask (e.g., eating or drinking) 
+ poor or lack of HEPA air filtration system

= more Covid-19 transmissions

Mortality rate in Thailand so far is about 0.9% of confirmed cases. That's about a 1 in 100 chance of dying (more for some, less for others)

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

10 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Apparently quite a few people on the manor enjoy their Sunday roast dinner here....So i would 

suggest you put my posts on ignore then you wouldn't have keep popping off to the khazi......Cheers....

Why would you say anything like that .. I am not attacking or disrespecting you ... Just saying that I think .. don't be so sensitive ...