serpent bbc1 70s thai killer

thunder367

From Wiki

Sobhraj's next destination was either Varanasi or Calcutta, where he murdered Israeli scholar Avoni Jacob simply to obtain Jacob's passport. Sobhraj used the passport to travel with Leclerc and Chowdhury – first to Singapore, then to India, and, in March 1976, returning to Bangkok, despite knowing that the authorities there sought him. The clan was interrogated by Thai police in connection with the murders, but they were released because authorities feared that the negative publicity accompanying a murder trial would harm the country's tourist industry.

Read the last paragraph....

I just watched episode 4.It's very well made but I wish when they made these things they would use footage of aircraft that were actually flying during that period.

I remember watching something a few years ago & they had them taking off in a Boeing,in the cruise in a Cessna & landing in something else.

OK maybe I'm a pedant.

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I just watched episode 4.It's very well made but I wish when they made these things they would use footage of aircraft that were actually flying during that period.

I remember watching something a few years ago & they had them taking off in a Boeing,in the cruise in a Cessna & landing in something else.

OK maybe I'm a pedant.

Just watched the first episode last night. Thought it was a bit slow to get going and the back and forth timeline jumps were a bit distracting.

While I didn't notice any anachronisms in E01, I do like to spot them, and if too many they become another distraction from my enjoyment of a movie.

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Just watched the first episode last night. Thought it was a bit slow to get going and the back and forth timeline jumps were a bit distracting.

While I didn't notice any anachronisms in E01, I do like to spot them, and if too many they become another distraction from my enjoyment of a movie.

Felt the same on the first episode.

I gave up on the second with the young back packers on the mortuary slab. Things are depressing enough at present without watching that, and  knowing  how the story ends.

Edited by Lemondropkid

Very enjoyable programme, have watched the first 2 episodes and will watch another 2 tonight. Got it on my HDPRIME so can watch a few episodes when I get time. 

Being based on a real event is another reason for maintaining my interested in the programme and it was filmed around Bangkok and also in Hua Hin and other locations in Prachuap Khirikhan so yet another benefit for watching it.

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched the final episode,reassuring that the arsehole has been in gaol for a long time but one wonders how many would still be alive if the Thai authorities had shown a bit more interest a lot earlier.

Anyway here's hoping that he dies a long & painful death.

Well that is all the plot given out before I have had a chance to watch it myself.

That is almost as bad as when I told a friend I was going to watch this new film (at the time) called "Titanic" and he went and spoiled it all by telling me the boat sunk!

• Haha 1

One thing I needed to pull the writers up on was  the investigators were talking to immigration and departure cards were produced, but when the French guy went home with his doctored passport there was no departure card requested. I like all minute details to be included. that's just me. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/1/2021 at 2:35 PM, Zeb said:

Story of con-man and mass-murderer, Charles Sobhraj, who is discovered and trailed by a young embassy official in mid-70's southeast Asia.

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/93454
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7985576/

The Serpent S01E01 HDTV \ XviD

https://rapidgator.net/file/5b97f36d3b4c853ec48bc37e2e9bf1e3/The.Serpent.S01E01.XviD-AFG.avi.html

561 MB

serp.jpg

Great movie watched while in quarantine last year.