Your kid and drugs

code_slayer_bkk

Just sitting here thinking what I would ever do if I found out Ziggy was using drugs ... I know she is still young .. but, I have a wondering mind

It cost me 6 years of my life in a federal lockup ....

I am wavering about pot .. yes .. probably no ( for her ) .. I have smoked pot my entire life .. so, it seems to me your' just being a fucking hypocrite ... how can I lie to my own child ? 

Thinking I just be honest with her with the shit I went through ... but, then again ... . better to keep my mouth shut .... ?

Deep down inside of me .. I don't want her to have anything to do with the whole mess .. so, I am thinking I will steer ( or try to ) in that direction

I have asked Beach gal ( she knows I was not a good boy ) about this multiple times ... she told me Ziggy will be fine ... just thinking out loud ... but, it still makes me think

I just don't want her to make the same mistakes I have made ....

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1

Only thing with telling a kid not to do something is they will probably want to do it then, that rebellion that many go through. 

Personally I would let a child find their own way and guide them if they are going too far the wrong way.Most kids are okay in the long run and learn from the mistakes. 

Been through plenty of shit myself so can't get all moralistic, but could be able to help them with advice on their chosen path if they do go down the substance route. 

With how I lived my life I'm glad to not have the responsibility of kids. 

5 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Only thing with telling a kid not to do something is they will probably want to do it then, that rebellion that many go through. 

Personally I would let a child find their own way and guide them if they are going too far the wrong way.Most kids are okay in the long run and learn from the mistakes. 

Been through plenty of shit myself so can't get all moralistic, but could be able to help them with advice on their chosen path if they do go down the substance route. 

With how I lived my life I'm glad to not have the responsibility of kids. 

Exactly what I was thinking about .... and Ziggy has sparks of me in her already ....

But, this I tell you Bro ... Beach gal and Ziggy are the best thing that has ever happened to me .. I have been a wild man my whole life ....

• Thumbs Up 2

Having seen and been when terrible things have happened as a result of hard drugs, I am a hater.  i would like to see all dealer hung up by their nuts to lamp posts.

Lucky in a weird way with my kids.  we talked about it from an early age.  Son went into army then offshor so couldnt even if he was daft enough to, cos they get piss tested.  Daughter had 3 major heart ops and she knew from day one, drugs would put her 6 ft under.  

I told them all, I would beat the shit out of them if they did, and then find their dealers and shoot them.  as an otherwise very laid back, laughie jokey daddy, i think theobne message sunk in 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have been very lucky as my son and daughter have never caused me any problems with drugs or anything else for that matter. Never gotten calls from their schools due to the being or having problems and no calls from the police either. Both got college degrees and i was a High school dropout so in my case good they did not follow my lead 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I try to never judge anyone and their habits, we all have our different standard and beliefs, and we all cope different ways. I realized just recently my worst vice is actually........food. Grew up with a smoking father who is a few months away from dying of lung cancer, very happy I never picked up that habit. I’m a binge drinker who has done some very stupid shit while intoxicated, the last 5 years or so I just gradually decided it wasn’t good for me and rarely have a sip. Weed is one thing, legalized or not, I’m kind of on the fence about. A huge % of people smoke where I live, but it’s never been my thing. I do agree it can help someone with pain and stress, I just would never want to be that guy who needs a puff so bad in the morning that I’d be a grouch without it- know many guys like that. Also, for sure it’s a gateway drug, I think 99% of teens who get in trouble with coke,meth, or heroin don’t start there, they start with weed. BTW, this might seem strange, but I’ve snorted probably just as much as I’ve toked, about a dozen times each in my life- the year I spent golfing in Arizona, coke was actually easier to score than weed. You’d make a new friend at the local pub, and I swear, an hour later, they’d be like “ you wanna come to my car for a minute”......happened at least 3 times. 

About your kid Code, you have way more life experience than me, but I can tell you how any child turns out is a crapshoot. Many kids DO rebel if you’re too strict. Myself, my Dad was a mean, strict prick that I was scared of until 17 or so, then when I went off to college he couldn’t kick my ass anymore and I was drinking age- he just kind of left me alone. I slacked off, getting a Bachelor’s with a C average, travelling the world, and driving a cab! But I never got into hard drugs or trouble with the law, mostly because of how strict he was. But some kids have the best parents in the world, and grow up to be rotten people, and vice versa......you never know. And of course boys and girls are different, I’m not a father but Christ I’d lose my mind once my girl hit 13 or so........I know how us boys think. 

I think you have nothing to worry about, Code, just based on the way you talk about Ziggy, she’s everything to you. Just the fact that you care about the upbringing of your kid, puts you in top half of parents- many truly don’t give a shit. I think you might actually have less to worry about than in the USA, yes we’re in the social media/IPhone generation, but I think a child in Thailand in a decent school from a good family....might grow up better behaved than in the West.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I have been very lucky as my son and daughter have never caused me any problems with drugs or anything else for that matter. Never gotten calls from their schools due to the being or having problems and no calls from the police either. Both got college degrees and i was a High school dropout so in my case good they did not follow my lead 

Happy for you.

All that doesn't mean they didn't take any drugs of course. 

Kids of all walks of life take drugs and the vast majority live normal lives, get good grades, good jobs etc. 

I was 11ish when I smoked my 1st joint hanging out with kids a couple years older than me.

After that I tried pretty much anything I could get my hands on from pills to speed and I had yet to turn 16. 

Granted I was a bit of a handful for my parents during those days, but I cleaned myself up and ended up getting a university degree, moved abroad at the age of 20 and built a career for myself. 

Most of my friends from those days have ended up just fine as well with decent jobs, kids, a nice house etc. 

You'd never have guessed we were off the rails on pills every weekend when we were young. 

As for my kid, if he's anything like his dad telling him no won't change a thing. I'd rather he'd do it in the house when I'm around than somewhere on the street like I used to, but I'd never encourage him to take anything of course. 

Have to say the effects of having a child on drugs is not a rosy picture.

I have been in conversation with a good friend over the last few days as he has become increasingly desperate and depressed that his 20 year old daughter is heavy into drugs.

I have known her since birth and she was a lovely girl. Unfortunately her schooling from age 15 changed her, she fell in with the wrong type and had to endure boot camp as well as exclusions due to her behaviour. Left school and settled down and got jobs in social services. Moved out of home but met the wrong guys and got in to drugs. Lost her job and her dad took her back.

His last 5 months have been horrendous, she has become aggressive, foul mouthed and spends nearly every night out with Somalians and other scummies. He has tried talking with her but usually gets a mouthful, police have been called to the house and recently she smashed her BMW up by hitting the house.

Came to a head before Christmas when it got physical between my friend and her. 

My friend is depressed and during the worst argument an ambulance was called as my mate could not breathe, thought he was having a heart attack. 

His son wants to come around, pack her bags and kick her into the street, my friend is trying to avoid that.

New Year's night I called him as he was alone and told me he feels he wish he could just go sleep and not wake up. He is scared of her and is depressed if she is in the house, it is as if his daughter is no more.

This is the reality of having a kid on drugs, there is no real silver lining.

I would visit my friend if possible but phone communication is all I can offer.

I hope that my daughter does not fall in with the wrong sort but as we know sometimes in life we just cross paths with the wrong people.

I see nothing positive in the use of drugs despite what I might read here.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

I try to never judge anyone and their habits, we all have our different standard and beliefs, and we all cope different ways. I realized just recently my worst vice is actually........food. Grew up with a smoking father who is a few months away from dying of lung cancer, very happy I never picked up that habit. I’m a binge drinker who has done some very stupid shit while intoxicated, the last 5 years or so I just gradually decided it wasn’t good for me and rarely have a sip. Weed is one thing, legalized or not, I’m kind of on the fence about. A huge % of people smoke where I live, but it’s never been my thing. I do agree it can help someone with pain and stress, I just would never want to be that guy who needs a puff so bad in the morning that I’d be a grouch without it- know many guys like that. Also, for sure it’s a gateway drug, I think 99% of teens who get in trouble with coke,meth, or heroin don’t start there, they start with weed. BTW, this might seem strange, but I’ve snorted probably just as much as I’ve toked, about a dozen times each in my life- the year I spent golfing in Arizona, coke was actually easier to score than weed. You’d make a new friend at the local pub, and I swear, an hour later, they’d be like “ you wanna come to my car for a minute”......happened at least 3 times. 

About your kid Code, you have way more life experience than me, but I can tell you how any child turns out is a crapshoot. Many kids DO rebel if you’re too strict. Myself, my Dad was a mean, strict prick that I was scared of until 17 or so, then when I went off to college he couldn’t kick my ass anymore and I was drinking age- he just kind of left me alone. I slacked off, getting a Bachelor’s with a C average, travelling the world, and driving a cab! But I never got into hard drugs or trouble with the law, mostly because of how strict he was. But some kids have the best parents in the world, and grow up to be rotten people, and vice versa......you never know. And of course boys and girls are different, I’m not a father but Christ I’d lose my mind once my girl hit 13 or so........I know how us boys think. 

I think you have nothing to worry about, Code, just based on the way you talk about Ziggy, she’s everything to you. Just the fact that you care about the upbringing of your kid, puts you in top half of parents- many truly don’t give a shit. I think you might actually have less to worry about than in the USA, yes we’re in the social media/IPhone generation, but I think a child in Thailand in a decent school from a good family....might grow up better behaved than in the West.

Truly kind words .. thank you Bro ..

I have never been a guy that has ever taken a couple of snorts or put a needle in my arm .... I have never used coke, heroin, meth or anything else , a shit load of LSD and pot .. never anything else

I got busted for a couple hundred pounds of H ... many loads, many times .. I have seen the drug side from a different angle .. right or wrong -- it was wrong .. but, I was young and fearless ,, but the shit I went through after I got busted ... I don't want it to happen to my worst enemy ( which I have none ) .... 

I agree with you .. pot .. is a gateway drug ... even though I am never a grouchy guy in the morning .. I always say " bring the new day on " .. . for me, I have always thought why let something take control of you life ... no way !

All I want as a Dad is for Ziggy to be an honest person ( regardless of the bull shit )  .. stand up and think for herself .. be fearless ... with a good education .. and I know her mother will help me ....

I think all I can do is try is to listen to what she wants to say ( or peacefully force what she wants to say out of her ) .... and then go from there .. but, she is dealing with a man .. who has been through a bunch of crazy shit ... I will always keep anything personal out of it .. just listen to her .. work it out from there ... what else can I do ? .... 

Yea Bro ... it think it is great for her to grow up on the beach and sea ... beats Brooklyn ....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Have to say the effects of having a child on drugs is not a rosy picture.

I have been in conversation with a good friend over the last few days as he has become increasingly desperate and depressed that his 20 year old daughter is heavy into drugs.

I have known her since birth and she was a lovely girl. Unfortunately her schooling from age 15 changed her, she fell in with the wrong type and had to endure boot camp as well as exclusions due to her behaviour. Left school and settled down and got jobs in social services. Moved out of home but met the wrong guys and got in to drugs. Lost her job and her dad took her back.

His last 5 months have been horrendous, she has become aggressive, foul mouthed and spends nearly every night out with Somalians and other scummies. He has tried talking with her but usually gets a mouthful, police have been called to the house and recently she smashed her BMW up by hitting the house.

Came to a head before Christmas when it got physical between my friend and her. 

My friend is depressed and during the worst argument an ambulance was called as my mate could not breathe, thought he was having a heart attack. 

His son wants to come around, pack her bags and kick her into the street, my friend is trying to avoid that.

New Year's night I called him as he was alone and told me he feels he wish he could just go sleep and not wake up. He is scared of her and is depressed if she is in the house, it is as if his daughter is no more.

This is the reality of having a kid on drugs, there is no real silver lining.

I would visit my friend if possible but phone communication is all I can offer.

I hope that my daughter does not fall in with the wrong sort but as we know sometimes in life we just cross paths with the wrong people.

I see nothing positive in the use of drugs despite what I might read here.

That is why I said a couple weeks ago I need to know ( and I will find out ) who Ziggy is hanging around with .... important for me ...

If Ziggy turns out like your friends daughter ... f**k me ... she has to deal with me .. and I am telling you right now .. it would be a nightmare for her .. and I am a relentless f**k .... as much as I love her ... no mercy ~!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

That is why I said a couple weeks ago I need to know ( and I will find out ) who Ziggy is hanging around with .... important for me ...

If Ziggy turns out like your friends daughter ... f**k me ... she has to deal with me .. and I am telling you right now .. it would be a nightmare for her .. and I am a relentless f**k .... as much as I love her ... no mercy ~!

My friend is quite big but nearly 70. As much as he could physically just about still defend himself the pychological and emotional fallout has left him weak.

It is just not a good situation to be in so hoping that his experience is never realised with my daughter. 

I just hope that my focus on her wellbeing and attempt at being the perfect role model will allay any fears I may have about her growing into anything but a decent soul and beautiful daughter to be proud of.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Just sitting here thinking what I would ever do if I found out Ziggy was using drugs ... I know she is still young .. but, I have a wondering mind

It cost me 6 years of my life in a federal lockup ....

I am wavering about pot .. yes .. probably no ( for her ) .. I have smoked pot my entire life .. so, it seems to me your' just being a fucking hypocrite ... how can I lie to my own child ? 

Thinking I just be honest with her with the shit I went through ... but, then again ... . better to keep my mouth shut .... ?

Deep down inside of me .. I don't want her to have anything to do with the whole mess .. so, I am thinking I will steer ( or try to ) in that direction

I have asked Beach gal ( she knows I was not a good boy ) about this multiple times ... she told me Ziggy will be fine ... just thinking out loud ... but, it still makes me think

I just don't want her to make the same mistakes I have made ....

I have something else to give you nightmares. Imagine Ziggy meeting and falling in love with a guy like you were in your younger years.

As for the discussion on weed being a gateway drug, that is mostly so in jurisdictions where the punishment for using weed is the same as for using things like heroin and the like. It is a lot less so where usage of heroin is seen as a medical instead of a legal problem and possession of user amounts of weed (while technically illegal) is on the list of officially ignored infractions.

On another note: All winos started with milk.

2 hours ago, Freee!! said:

I have something else to give you nightmares. Imagine Ziggy meeting and falling in love with a guy like you were in your younger years.

As for the discussion on weed being a gateway drug, that is mostly so in jurisdictions where the punishment for using weed is the same as for using things like heroin and the like. It is a lot less so where usage of heroin is seen as a medical instead of a legal problem and possession of user amounts of weed (while technically illegal) is on the list of officially ignored infractions.

On another note: All winos started with milk.

Well ,, thinking about it ... it wouldn't be so bad falling in love with a guy like me .. I say .. I do ... I am super honest ( even if it hurts ) , loyal , integrity driven , and fearless ... so, not so bad .. and can keep my fucking mouth shut regardless of the circumstances .. so, I would welcome a guy like that ...

Just wait until he gets out of prison though ... then his "ears" are a little more clipped ... he understands life a little more .. and becomes a little stronger in his heart ... and knows what commitment means ... I am ok .. with a guy like that ..        versus some sucking up bitch ... with no balls, heart or commitment and just yaks

I was a huge witness of heroin addicts ... f**k me .. I used to walk blocks to school in Brooklyn .. see mother fuckers " nodding " and dead on the stoops leading into gigantic apartment buildings ... that is why I never played .. I was a gigantic dealer .. 100% for sure .. I knew where you made money .. right or wrong ...

Weed .. I am serious .. I go make Burma runs every couple of months .. the weed is great .. I have always smoked weed my whole life .. even now .... so, I don't really know .. it never made me go off the rails ..  I guess you could say I was off the rails my whole life ... but, not true ...

Weed seems to add the correct balance when drinking beers ... f**k me . I would rather smoke weed.. than drink ...Beach gal doesn't know what to think when I make a Burma run ... the only reason I do ... is because I need excitement in my life .. and this is "small" excitement ... so, I don't know what to say about weed ..

I honestly don't know if I can ever become a "regular type of guy ".. but , for sure,,, I would welcome a tough guy who has made a mistake or two .. I would challenge him ( no fight ) .. see what he has in his heart ... if I think he is true .. Ziggy have at it and do your absolute best ... I am sure Ziggy has fire in her heart and will do the right thing ... she is more like her mother than me ( even though I see sparks of me in her ) .. thank God for that ....

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2

Not a big drug guy,love my gummies before I go to bed.

My boy is 13 and he’s alright.

To be honest,I’d be way more concerned about addiction to video games than pot.

He fucking loves em.Like...loves them.

I don’t get it.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Skalliwag said:

Not a big drug guy,love my gummies before I go to bed.

My boy is 13 and he’s alright.

To be honest,I’d be way more concerned about addiction to video games than pot.

He fucking loves em.Like...loves them.

I don’t get it.

I do and don't understand the addiction to video games ....

Sounds like to me you are doing the right thing with you son .... I am sure Ziggy will go through the same phase ( at least I hope it is a phase ) ... 

These phones have changed the world ... that is for sure ....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lazarus said:

I'd be a lot more worried about my kid on a motorbike in Thailand -- at any age -- than potential drug use.

Especially if they don't wear a helmet...

Carnage: https://www.facebook.com/เกาะติดฅนกู้ภัยลั่นล้า18-497910876904356/

I saw a group of kids racing their motorbikes a couple of weeks ago driving back to the South ... they just blew past me on this 2 lane road .. a mile or so up the street the traffic came to a stop

Well, guess what ... one of the guys smashed his motorbike .. his motorbike was still left almost in the middle of the street ... there were a bunch of people trying to give the kid help ... I didn't get to see what kind of shape the kid was in .. but, I was thinking death is knocking on his door ....

Yep .. motorbikes are a huge .. gigantic ... part of life here ... I see super young kids and very old men and woman all the time driving the things ... I have 2 but they aren't motorbikes ... I catch myself all the time driving some of these beach roads .. slow down ... I always say to myself ...

Yea.. for sure ... it is something to worry about ...