Options for farming in Thailand

eyes4thais

10 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Used to meet VPI 78 whenever he came to BKK  ( not every time ) in Soi Cowboy ..  we always used to eat at a place ( sad I forget the name -- really good food .. the guy that owned the place was from New Orleans ( I think )) .. VPI seemed like a real good guy 

I always had a standing invite to go up to his place ... but, I never found the time ....

Man .. that is sad ... if all of his cows died of hoof and mouth disease

Yes, I have met him before too in Pattaya and had the same offer, wish I had taken him up on it now...

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

VPI's thread on Pattaya Live was excellent, very informative and regularly updated, his life on his plot was most interesting.

Andy and Phil did go to his 'estate' in Loei and I did meet with him at the Pullman Hotel in Khon Kaen together with his wife, my wife and Andy with his wife.  I had also met him one time at the Rockhouse on a nice social gathering, seemed a nice guy. 

Unfortunately I had it on good authority that after I left Pattaya Live the guy had made some remarks about me and my wife that were quite negative.  I find this quite unsavoury considering we had met but as I have never logged back in to PL since I left I can not verify what my good friends have told me.

A few people who left PL were assassinated online by the usual suspects but I wasn't expecting it from people who I had met in a social setting where nothing but positive vibes seemed the order of the day.  Me, I am not too fussed about it as I am unlikely to meet up with these people again but annoyed that my wife could be brought into a topic on a forum with negative comments made.

That's a real shame. I don't recall reading about it, could have been on another level which I don't belong to though.

I have never met VP whatshisname. Maybe sometime in the future, who knows. There are some who I actively avoid but he isn't one.

30 minutes ago, Smiler said:

That's a real shame. I don't recall reading about it, could have been on another level which I don't belong to though.

I have never met VP whatshisname. Maybe sometime in the future, who knows. There are some who I actively avoid but he isn't one.

Yes would be real sad if true as we had dinner in Khon Kaen and I thought we got on well.  Seems when you leave PL you tend to get a good old dose of insults especially as I landed up on 247.  Fact is I left PL for the right reasons and joined 247 a while later, I didn't leave PL to join 247 as 247 hadn't yet started.  Mud slinging always takes place though when you become a past member and supposedly people I thought I knew were rather less than charitable about me and my wife. 

Still the thread was excellent.  I even had a good thread going about HuaHinDave which was everything Hua Hin but I believe that got lost during unscheduled downtime but then again what do I know, only get told some updates in passing.

If I did bump into VPI I would probably ask him myself what actually took place.

3 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Yes would be real sad if true as we had dinner in Khon Kaen and I thought we got on well.  Seems when you leave PL you tend to get a good old dose of insults especially as I landed up on 247.  Fact is I left PL for the right reasons and joined 247 a while later, I didn't leave PL to join 247 as 247 hadn't yet started.  Mud slinging always takes place though when you become a past member and supposedly people I thought I knew were rather less than charitable about me and my wife. 

Still the thread was excellent.  I even had a good thread going about HuaHinDave which was everything Hua Hin but I believe that got lost during unscheduled downtime but then again what do I know, only get told some updates in passing.

If I did bump into VPI I would probably ask him myself what actually took place.

For what it's worth I don't recall him badmouthing you or your Mrs either mate. 

Anyway, the thread was about farming not VPI lol. 

Id got for hemp if I were the OP 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah VPI 78 met him a few times when he was in Bangkok. Had a blast with him, he turned me back on again to "Thermae" Had not been there in a few years and last time we met up, I took a run over there with him and another buddy in town. He was right! Some downright stunning looking girls in there. 

Met his friend John from Cactus too I believe who owned that club. BM Tessbruin joined us that night too.

I too wish I had gone to see his farm. He did not like or want to join this forum...too bad, his inputs and life on the farm were great reads. 

Edited by Yessongs
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Yessongs^^^^^^^^

''Thermae'', now what an experience that was the first time I walked in there. Quite surreal methinks.

Been in a few times now and I still can't get my head around the arrangement. There must be 200 girls plus packed in like sardines.

It's a little too intense for me to consider trying to pick up company in there!

As for VPI, I have enjoyed his company a few times.

• Like 1