TQ Closing - And Now Reopened

forcebwithu

One hot day in 2002 I was in a beer bar having just arrived.  I mentioned the heat and another guy said that TQ was open and had A/C.  I was still mostly a BKK guy so asked where it was.  He said beach road just past soi 13, and I remembered I saw soi 13 on 2nd road not far from the walking street area where I was staying, so I took off to check it out.

On that walk I discovered there are FIVE f*cking soi 13s, and arrived drenched in sweat.  I had a great time with very friendly girls.  I visited for many years until my interests drifted away.  I'll miss the place.

sadnews.JPG

TQ opened in 1978 and had been the oldest Pattaya GGB in continuous operation, a run of a phenomenal 42 years.   What GGB now becomes the oldest GGB still in operation?  Are there any other GGBs remaining that opened in the late 1970s or in the 1980s?  Anyone know?

5 hours ago, Homor said:

nyone got a better pic of the place . 
that’s where I used to spend most of my time 😭😭

Some pics I took in 2014.  I don't think the exterior of the TQ changed much since then.

post-9139-0-24967300-1399285239.jpg

post-9139-0-21465500-1399285245.jpg

post-9139-0-92100500-1399285236.jpg

EDIT IN- Here's a pic I found on the Net:

TQ.JPG

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Sad news indeed; it wasn't my go to place and visits were infrequent but when I was there it had a good atmosphere, friendly girls and if getting a proper seat it was a great place to be near the dancers.

Sad.

I would have to agree other than I found the music far too loud. I invariably found I had to raise my voice to have a conversation.

TQ did not produce my first b/fine but I was shocked to find out it had provided my oldest! 🤣

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

I would have to agree other than I found the music far too loud. I invariably found I had to raise my voice to have a conversation.

TQ did not produce my first b/fine but I was shocked to find out it had provided my oldest! 🤣

May have been the one I had in 1981😂

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

I went in a few times alone so music wasn't my main concern. Did go a few times with mates and can't say I remember the music being that loud but I tend not to see go go bars as places to have a good chat, I like beer bars for chats with mates.

On 1/4/2021 at 12:01 PM, coxyhog said:

Sad,my first BF in Pattaya was from there in 1981.

One of the few places that used to play decent music.

With the girls working in it last time I was in to meet a pal,  there's a good chance she still worked in it😀

• Haha 3