TQ Closing - And Now Reopened

forcebwithu

Sis in law worked there.Night shift.

Shes looking for somewhere else,but she’s on the wrong side of 30 now.

Missus was chatting with her last night about it.

Sad times indeed.

TQ Masters was one of the best goof tournys of the year as well.Plus the Jackalope open was based out of there.

Raised a ton of money for less fortunate.

Edited by Skalliwag

1 minute ago, Lantern said:

Only got in there once, and not being an afternoon drinker it wasn't really my "cup of tea" but still sad to see such a long established place finish.

Ditto from me.

I have been in a handful of times.

The girls weren't really my cup of tea, but it made a nice respite from the afternoon sun.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

When I used to stay on Soi 13 I'd go down there once in a while in the afternoon for music. Never once bar fined out of there. 

But man, did I have some good times - wow. Cranking tunes and met some fun people. I think over the years if I had to pick one day out of all of them that was the most fun, it would be a day I had in there drinking and rocking. I didn't have a frigging care in the world.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Saw a post on PA Woody's daughter has started a GoFundMe page for the TQ. Post has a picture of a much younger Woody, with more hair. Good his daughter, who started the GoFundMe, posted they're still paying rent. That puts paid to the idea they're bankrupt. Word behind the scenes is the lease has four more months to run.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-a-local-business-Thailand

53606576_1610079942106340_r.jpeg

Edited by forcebwithu
Woody's daughter, not son

• forcebwithu changed the title to TQ Closing - And Now Reopened

I posted on other platforms that I’d be surprised if it did close. I even had a person ask me to try to secure the sign outside for his prosperity.
It’s open again, but I hope they take a long hard look at themselves.
How many people on this thread have commented that they haven’t been in for years (me included)
They do little or no social media that I see.
I wish them all the best of course but hope that they don’t just rely on word of mouth to get folks in.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

It’s open again, but I hope they take a long hard look at themselves.
How many people on this thread have commented that they haven’t been in for years (me included)
They do little or no social media that I see.
I wish them all the best of course but hope that they don’t just rely on word of mouth to get folks in.

That assumes it is being run as a business.

As others have commented, I have always found the place very cliquey - I feel as if I'm intruding on someone else's territory. If it is being run more as a club than a business, social media exposure will be the last thing they want.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A great afternoon venue, made numerous visits over the years. But to echo others, it did feel that as far as patrons go, the sense was that there was the "in" crowd and if not friends with any of them, you were obviously among the "out" crowd. Never once had the afternoon manager come over to me to welcome me with a handshake and a bit of small talk, such as Egg or Larry might, as those guys are both classic schmoozers. But I did bf my first Cambo girl from there, enjoyed plenty of happy hour draft beers (especially the Carlsburg back in the day) and even bought a couple of t shirts over the years.

But with all the negative doom and gloom for this past year, it's a bright spot to have a venue reopen instead of closing down.

Good luck to them.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

A great afternoon venue, made numerous visits over the years. But to echo others, it did feel that as far as patrons go, the sense was that there was the "in" crowd and if not friends with any of them, you were obviously among the "out" crowd. Never once had the afternoon manager come over to me to welcome me with a handshake and a bit of small talk, such as Egg or Larry might, as those guys are both classic schmoozers. But I did bf my first Cambo girl from there, enjoyed plenty of happy hour draft beers (especially the Carlsburg back in the day) and even bought a couple of t shirts over the years.

But with all the negative doom and gloom for this past year, it's a bright spot to have a venue reopen instead of closing down.

Good luck to them.

Well, I have to say it was quite the other way around for me - a couple of times I got there a little early and was lucky enough to get a table on the back wall and the girls would tend to accumulate if you were spending it - and how could you not with those sexy girls egging you on? I remember having five or six of them on the go and very touchy-feely, good fun, 555...and the day manager saw this and was kind enough to buy me a free drink now and then; I did see the cliques coming in and doing their thing at the back of the bar but never felt that it was impeding my own fun; indeed, my own reason for not going there more often is that I knew I would get carried away with the fun and spend too much money....oh, keeneow me...I would spend far more than that just to go back there tomorrow, believe me....

• Like 7

5 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Well, I have to say it was quite the other way around for me - a couple of times I got there a little early and was lucky enough to get a table on the back wall and the girls would tend to accumulate if you were spending it - and how could you not with those sexy girls egging you on? I remember having five or six of them on the go and very touchy-feely, good fun, 555...and the day manager saw this and was kind enough to buy me a free drink now and then; I did see the cliques coming in and doing their thing at the back of the bar but never felt that it was impeding my own fun; indeed, my own reason for not going there more often is that I knew I would get carried away with the fun and spend too much money....oh, keeneow me...I would spend far more than that just to go back there tomorrow, believe me....

That was my experience, too.  Before the day manager Joe passed he'd come around a bit, but recognized that I was there for the girls.  So I never got a clique vibe, because I wasn't interested in the guys there.

Edited by tko
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1