Jump to content

4 PROVINCES LOCKED DOWN INCLUDING CHONBURI


tommy dee
 Share

Recommended Posts

excuse spelling, these are my news notes...

 

Monday saw THailands public broadcaster, PBS, a state agency.. publish the following, which we read eaxtly as written..

Thailand’s five coastal provinces of Samut Sakhon, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat have been placed under total lockdown, meaning travel in and out of the provinces is banned, unless it is absolutely necessary.

A Deputy Prime Minister   said in his Facebook post on Monday that he would like to thank Prime Minister   and the CCSA for approving the proposal from the Ministry of Public Health to lock the provinces down due to the rapidly rising COVID-19 infection rate.

While acknowledging that the tough measure will impact the economy and the normal livelihoods of the people there, he said that, without this tough but short-term measure, the pandemic may spread across the country.  END F QUOTE

  • Great Info 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2045883/thailand-logs-527-new-covid-cases-tuesday

...and another 527 new cases today, all but 6 of them local transmissions. But how many of them were among migrant workers and how many were Thais?

It's like being Mystic Meg, trying to understand what's going on from incomplete and often contradictory data.

Thai Visa says that there were 82 cases of local transmission to Thais, and the remaining 439 cases were migrant workers.

As long as they've got all the migrant workers penned up in their dormitories, à la Singapore, then fine, but from the number of infections by province I get the impression that  the infected migrant workers are all over the place.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Thai Visa says that there were 82 cases of local transmission to Thais, and the remaining 439 cases were migrant workers.

As long as they've got all the migrant workers penned up in their dormitories, à la Singapore, then fine, but from the number of infections by province I get the impression that  the infected migrant workers are all over the place.

 

O-Boy we will have 4 more months of this kind of stuff......They won't be letting up till May and June....Then it will be Australia's turn again as they enter their winter....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a matter of interest does anyone know how many, if any, ex-pats have been diagnosed with Covid in the last 6 weeks?

Of particular interest would be the "5 coastal provinces" just in lockdown which include Chonburi and thus Pattaya.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Jambo said:

As a matter of interest does anyone know how many, if any, ex-pats have been diagnosed with Covid in the last 6 weeks?

Of particular interest would be the "5 coastal provinces" just in lockdown which include Chonburi and thus Pattaya.

 

the lockdown was cancelled

Link to comment
Share on other sites

alongside covid, there is a flu virus, nasty one.  I am just about getting thru it.  hot/cold sweat with no actual fever, and the usual shit.  saw my Dr.  who reminded me I had already had covid in january, and put me on the right track.  the worying thing is tha in the back of your mind you think you might have covid.  but he reckons the flu is affecting more people  than the C.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

alongside covid, there is a flu virus, nasty one.  I am just about getting thru it.  hot/cold sweat with no actual fever, and the usual shit.  saw my Dr.  who reminded me I had already had covid in january, and put me on the right track.  the worying thing is tha in the back of your mind you think you might have covid.  but he reckons the flu is affecting more people  than the C.

 

 

I already wished you well for getting over the flu which can be a real bastard. 😀

I had forgot that you had Covid. You must have been one of the first.

So that makes you the only expat I personally now know who has had Covid but I imagine there must be others.

I ask my question again.

Does anybody know of any expats who have contracted Covid in the last 6 weeks?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, tommy dee said:

alongside covid, there is a flu virus, nasty one.  I am just about getting thru it.  hot/cold sweat with no actual fever, and the usual shit.  saw my Dr.  who reminded me I had already had covid in january, and put me on the right track.  the worying thing is tha in the back of your mind you think you might have covid.  but he reckons the flu is affecting more people  than the C.

 

 

Out of interest, did you get tested in January or this last visit to the Dr?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

Out of interest, did you get tested in January or this last visit to the Dr?

there was no testing in January, mainly as the chinx hadnt admitted to the virus.  pal of mine came back from working in china and all his pals were infected including little moi.  at the time all the Drs in the city, who actually do talk to one another, were seeing this new virus which they saw as sever Bronchial pneumonia made worse by the smog.  my Dr. got it too, probably from me.  subsequently he told me very clearly that I had had it.  for me, not in the best of health, it took a month to mostly get over it.

3 months ago another Dr. told me clearly we had covid in the LOS but the mild version and it was going undetected/reported.  

 

dcotors here dont do covid testing in general practices, you can get done at hosptials.  but I am over the worst and choose to believe him.  nasty little f-er tho, comes, then u think u r better and then it has a second bite at you.  Mrs. wont sleep in the same bed as me now, whch is actually kinda cool

  • Great Info 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Esco said:

I drove around town today and was expecting checkpoints but saw none. They clearly didn't last long. 

This article indicated most of the checkpoints are occurring late at night.

Chonburi Governor clarifies to public that people only need to get a travel certificate if leaving/entering the province, not districts

Pakarathorn did say that there were many checkpoints throughout Chonbur between districts, especially overnight, but these were checking things like temperature checks and utilizing a Thai tracing platform like Mor Chana.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

This article indicated most of the checkpoints are occurring late at night.

Chonburi Governor clarifies to public that people only need to get a travel certificate if leaving/entering the province, not districts

Pakarathorn did say that there were many checkpoints throughout Chonbur between districts, especially overnight, but these were checking things like temperature checks and utilizing a Thai tracing platform like Mor Chana.

Cool, I don't usually drive at night anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...