Interesting stats from 2020 in the air

coxyhog

I was thinking “no way”. But 332 deaths including the 176 in the shoot-down in Iran which happened before the pandemic......flying is still very safe.

Reminds me of 2 things I heard about way back in May or June, that show how much our way of life impacts us and the planet. 
1. When they showed the Himalayan peaks could be seen 100 miles or whatever away now, as less fuel was polluting the sky

2. In Canada at least, the number of problem births(premature, etc) decreased over 50%. Shows what outside stresses can do to a woman carrying a child

Those two things really stuck out for me

17 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

2. In Canada at least, the number of problem births(premature, etc) decreased over 50%. Shows what outside stresses can do to a woman carrying a child

Those two things really stuck out for me

I was only reading this morning about a pregnant woman in hospital with both her and the unborn child with Covid.

Cannot be much more stressful than that I would have thought.

26 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I was only reading this morning about a pregnant woman in hospital with both her and the unborn child with Covid.

Couldn't find a source for that report. Can you provide a link?

Will coronavirus hurt my unborn baby if I get it while I am pregnant?
ANSWER

There is still a lot we have to learn about COVID-19 during pregnancy and we still have very limited information about what it means for an unborn baby. So far, there is no evidence that the virus is found in amniotic fluid or in breastmilk.

Limited reports show that a small number of babies have tested positive for the virus shortly after birth. However, it is unknown if these babies got the virus before, during, or after birth. Also, a small number of other problems, such as preterm birth, have been reported in babies born to mothers who tested positive for COVID-19 late in their pregnancy. However, we do not know if these problems were related to the virus.

We do know that high fevers, especially in the first trimester can cause birth defects in unborn babies, so the key is prevention. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 during pregnancy - fever, cough, shortness of breath - notify your doctor right away.

Sources |
Reviewed by Brunilda Nazario on October 14, 2020

https://www.webmd.com/lung/qa/will-coronavirus-hurt-my-unborn-baby-if-i-get-it-while-i-am-pregnant

On 1/7/2021 at 9:12 AM, Jambo said:

One case where the unborn was not infected.
Covid-infected mum's baby is virus-free

But this recent study shows it's possible for an unborn to become infected.
Mechanisms for mother-to-child transmission of COVID-19

18 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

One case where the unborn was not infected.
Covid-infected mum's baby is virus-free

But this recent study shows it's possible for an unborn to become infected.
Mechanisms for mother-to-child transmission of COVID-19

I looked for the source for the story without coming across it again.

All I could recall was that it included a photograph of the pregnant woman in hospital and the story stated that both were being treated for Covid.