REGIONAL TRAVEL LOCKDOWN AUTHORISED

tommy dee

TRAVEL OUTSIDE OF OUR PROVINCE IS TO BE REGULATED>
English translation is as a follows:
This is a notification that a permit will be needed to travel
In accordance with the requirements issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations, B.E. 2548 (No. 17), to raise the level of the highest control area where strict measures are required. By setting up a concentrated screening point and having documents confirming travel necessity
The question that follows is, where is this document going to come from? Today the admin of Chonburi Province to inform. Initially, if you need to travel across the province, please contact the district office/amphur to discuss your request. If allowed they will certify that document From tomorrow onwards If there are any changes to the form, guidelines or methods, we will be updated again.
THAI ORIGINAL IS
ตามข้อกำหนดออกตามความในมาตรา 9 แห่งพระราชกำหนดการบริหารราชการในสถานการณ์ฉุกเฉิน พ.ศ. 2548 (ฉบับที่ 17) ให้ยกระดับพื้นที่ควบคุมสูงสุดที่จำเป็นต้องมีมาตรการเข้มงวดอย่างยิ่ง โดยให้ตั้งจุดคัดกรองเข้มข้นและให้มีเอกสารรับรองความจำเป็นในการเดินทาง
คำถามที่ตามมาคือแล้วเอกสารนี้จะไปขอจากที่ไหน ยังไง วันนี้แอดมินมีข้อมูลของจังหวัดชลบุรีมาแจ้ง ในเบื้องต้นท่านที่มีความจำเป็นในการเดินทางข้ามจังหวัดให้ติดต่อแจ้งความประสงค์ได้ ณ ที่ว่าการอำเภอต้นทางที่อยู่ โดยท่านนายอำเภอจะเป็นผู้รับรองเอกสารนั้นให้ ตั้งแต่พรุ่งนี้เป็นต้นไป หากมีการเปลี่ยนแปลงรูปแบบ แนวทาง หรือวิธีการ จะอัพเดทให้ทราบอีกครั้ง
According to the requirements, in section 9 of the Royal Commission for Government Administration in the emergency situation. B.E
  • Great Info 1

My mate Sweatie listens too much to his group of mates he drinks with every night in the Bar/Restaurants under his condo.

The answer to your obvious first question is "YES."

So one of them tells him "WE" will all need to carry an authorisation if we "Travel" within Pattaya. i.e We might get stopped by the BiB."

YESTERDAY, he apparently visited Immigration and collects his "Authorisation" today which I would place a very large wager on is merely a residency certificate as he certainly has no plans to travel outside of the Region. 🤣

Edited by Jambo

2 hours ago, Esco said:

Me in response to this news item. 🙂

Funny reading some of the comments on FB. Lot of self entitled expats in Pattaya who should jump on a plane back to the UK or Europe if they ain't happy. I certainly know where I'd rather be right now.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

We had this in the Philippines for about 6 months and it was a PITA. Local officials saw it as a way to exercise their power and put their own interpretation on it often ignoring the National directives. Their rules changed often sometimes making no sense. I hope Thailand handles it better

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Murchie said:

Funny reading some of the comments on FB. Lot of self entitled expats in Pattaya who should jump on a plane back to the UK or Europe if they ain't happy. I certainly know where I'd rather be right now.

It's tough here locked down in the province... 

16100135775028583944269792228566.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Drove from Ban Chang to Silom, Bangkok and back this morning, no checkpoints anywhere luckily as I didn’t have time to go and get the letter from Amphur. 

Unbelievable.. 

The way I approached the last one was to just hunker down. Cook some good meals, relax and stay put. Don't go out during curfew, when picking up the groceries follow the rules, kept my head down. Never once got f***d with.

For me paying a few extra for a nice room made all the difference.

Once things began to loosen up you could begin to slowly see the relief in people, inching back day to day. Just when we begin to see the light BOOM, the door gets slammed shut again.

ok ok    back to the room and hunkering down

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1