Skeeter:Sky Bar Soi 6.

miko

8 hours ago, Stillearly said:

iirc he did a runner about five years ago , not sure of the circumstances, think financial.. 

Yes i remember reading on one of the forums about him, i think you are correct he did a runner either owing money or with the money.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes i remember reading on one of the forums about him, i think you are correct he did a runner either owing money or with the money.

Yep was known to offer free food at his bar and a popular guy until he disappeared with a load of cash from selling his bar. Currently living in Manilla according to my sources. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Skeeter and i go back along way and he is ok in my book always treated me well 

Same.
I am of the opinion that if someone (apperently),gets scammed in Thailand then they really need to have a good long hard look at themselves.

Hence.....I have always been a huge proponent of making it in the West,and spending it in the East.

I've had more offers than most blokes have had hot breakfasts,to invest in Thailand,and my answer is always the same.

”I would love to mate,really would,but eventually I am going to have to hold someone accountable for any short comings,on the return of my investment.Are you 100% sure that you want to be the one that has to explain to me that you don’t have the money that I was promised,no matter how small it may be.Understand that I am a terrible partner”.

this usually does it.

Edited by Skalliwag
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/12/2021 at 4:41 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

Skeeter and i go back along way and he is ok in my book always treated me well 

57 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Yeah, I met him a couple of times too and liked him - and he really did know how to cook.

and thats why people could'nt quite believe he did what he did immsmc.

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

and thats why people could'nt quite believe he did what he did immsmc.

I do not believe any one other than the partys involved know the REAL story.

There was another situation along the same lines about another fairly known pattaya guy doing the same thing and running off to PI. Well I dont know the story or all of it anyway but not long after he was back living here in Pattaya. Can't see him doing what he was accused of then coming back to where to so called crime took place to live. Again as with the Skeeter story only those involved really know the REAL story.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There was another situation along the same lines about another fairly known pattaya guy doing the same thing and running off to PI. Well I dont know the story or all of it anyway but not long after he was back living here in Pattaya. Can't see him doing what he was accused of then coming back to where to so called crime took place to live. Again as with the Skeeter story only those involved really know the REAL story.

Drunken Duck maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

The old three sides to every story theory huh?🤣🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

I suppose the guys involved are really the only ones who know the truth but in Pattaya and P.I those guys do go around telling everybody their side of the story hence the reason tales of what happened reach many more ears and get seen in black and white on forums.

If the guys themselves want to offer their side and are members on a forum then that could help but again that would just be their side.

I suppose when guys disappear and get out of town suddenly we could form our own opinion.

The fact that some come back to the area of the crime (event) doesn't really mean much these days, some of these guys just think memories are short or the people they 'might' have inconvenienced won't do much.

Seen guys parading around town after borrowing money and never paying their debts, some get taken to task, even physically interfered with, others just start their new life again.

Did see one guy in Udon once who had done runners in a few bars and came back to town a year later. His issue was not keeping a low profile and forgetting the girls sometimes have better memories than their bosses.

The ensuing bundle in a bar opposite the Irish Clock was something out of Benny Hill. I was in the bar and was told by a member of the 'Udon mafia' to leave or it could get ugly. I laughed and said I was staying to drink my beer. The ensuing fight with pool cues and pool balls was quite nasty but the beaten runner survived and even gave a good beating to one of the geriatric members of the 'Udon mafia'.

His mistake though was running from the police when they were taking him to their truck, I am sure he regretted that move more than running from the farang bars a year earlier.

Edited by Horizondave

6 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Seems this guy was involved so if it’s legit knows the real story.

https://steemit.com/pattaya/@pattaya/an-american-thief-in-paradise

• Great Info 1

20 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I read it quickly and thought "Skeeter" was a nickname for Sean.

Nope. 

Sean is well known in this town but not Skeeter, and the guy who posted that rant is Bryan another well known figure in town. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I knew Skeeter casually in his capacity as a the owner/manager of Sky Bar. He was always friendly and respectful towards me, so I had no reason to suspect him of any criminal doings. However, I couldn't help wondering about the way he was running Sky Bar and the amount of time, money and effort he put into his food "promotions." He spent thousands of baht on top-quality ingredients such as imported beef, then gave it all away.  There was no way the free food could attract enough customers to cover the costs, let alone generate a profit.

No doubt Skeeter was a talented chef. He made some of the best U.S. food I've had in Pattaya.  I thought maybe he was using Sky Bar as an opportunity to build up a customer base for a restaurant, but I don't really know. Until the scandal broke and he left Pattaya, Skeeter had been widely liked by his customers and the girls who worked in the bar.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Esco said:

Nope. 

Sean is well known in this town but not Skeeter, and the guy who posted that rant is Bryan another well known figure in town. 

After reading that rant by Bryan I'd have to ask why the hell he was introducing that Sean to investors if he knew he was dodgy ? I certainly would have second and third thoughts about any sort of investment with him after reading that.

• Thumbs Up 1