Skeeter:Sky Bar Soi 6.

miko

Some of the best scammers working their trade are the most charming people around. They are able to maintain a personable existence while scamming friends and businesses. They can even get gullible guys to continue to be scammed even when they are suspected of carrying out a fraud.

I once knew a guy in the Philippines for about a year before he asked to borrow some money when he knew I was going back to the UK for 2 weeks. He didn't want to go to Manila to get his cash and asked for help as he knew I was going to the UK where I could cash his cheque. I use to drink with him, he had a nice house, a nice wife and was ex military.  Gave me a check for the money which bounced when I was in the UK. Got back and the guy had left; I then found he didn't own the house he was living in, had scammed others around town and was probably biding his time before he moved on having fleeced those he could.

Only mistake he made was I had a phone number of his which I found out actually was a number at his sisters. When in the UK I called the number over and over for about a year and was about to give up when the call got answered. I engaged the lady until it got to the point she suddenly knew I was somebody who had been scammed by her brother. It was at this point that I told her if I didn't get a cheque or cash to cover the money I would be around to her house and burn it down. I wouldn't have done that but a few days later I got a cheque from the guy with a note from the his wife calling me every name she could think of but I didn't care. Amazing considering that they scammed me but that is the mentality of a scammer.

I put the cheque in but it bounced but the guys bank called me within a day to ask me many questions about the guy; I said i would call them back to confirm it was the bank which it was; of course I laid into the guy and they said thanks and that they would cover my cheque. All odd but the guy wasn't getting away from this crap, money in my bank within days.

Even friends do their mates so just be careful out there.