300 Baht Tourism Fee

Horizondave

3 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

Wonder if the missus and kid will be charged next time they go for a holiday?

f**k I hope so.Love to see her have to pay 300 to get back in.Be well worth it.😝😝

Depends which pass port she uses!

I think it is a good idea, If your holiday insurance does not cough up you are still covered!

Remember when you had to pay a 500 Baht fee to leave.  You still pay it but now it is just in the price of your airline ticket.  I always tucked a 500 Baht bill into my Passport on the first day I arrived, no matter what, I would have my exit fee on departure day.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

20 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

It will have to be incorporated into the air ticket as less and less people carry cash on them nowadays. 

Or Thai immigration could modernise and start accepting debit and credit cards. Even better, make those mandatory and forbid cash, that will cut down on corruption and opportunities to embezzle the cash.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Freee!! said:

Or Thai immigration could modernise and start accepting debit and credit cards. Even better, make those mandatory and forbid cash, that will cut down on corruption and opportunities to embezzle the cash.

Doubt that will be any time soon then.

1 minute ago, simon said:

Doubt that will be any time soon then.

I don't doubt, I know it won't happen any time soon. On the other hand, corruption and the like in Thailand is much less of a problem than some other countries in the region I can name.

20 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

I don't doubt, I know it won't happen any time soon. On the other hand, corruption and the like in Thailand is much less of a problem than some other countries in the region I can name.

TRUE, Corruption is world wide now & getting worse as the weeks go by.

19 hours ago, Freee!! said:

I am sure the tea money is viewed by some immigration officials, as part of their salary.

1 hour ago, john1000 said:

I am sure the tea money is viewed by some immigration officials, as part of their salary.

But it is, otherwise the Thai government would pay better, compare it with the obligatory tip in American bars and restaurants.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, 1canbrian said:

Err, I'm a little bit confused, 34bt will pay for my illness when on holiday??? so do I pay 300bt on arrival, and get a insurance certificate, from Thai gov, so therefore, no need to buy travel insurance from UK, asking for a friend

When you add in the 40 million tourists they get in normal times it adds up. COVID seems like a good excuse to bring it in to get a few extra Baht from tourists every year  in the long run......

• Like 1