Buying vaccine here in Thailand for expats who live here (Threads Merged)

Pumpuynarak

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Hint for climbing over (some) paywalls.

I run two browsers, Chrome and Firefox.

Chrome is my go to browser and I rarely clear the cache, history, cookies etc. This trips me up on sites like the NYT, Washington Post etc because they detect the "you've had your free read" cookie.

But if I use Firefox, do a clear history which deletes the "free read" cookie then I can read the article.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

31 minutes ago, fygjam said:

And then he screws up by thinking effectiveness is the same as efficacy.

The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines have an efficacy of 95%. The effectiveness has not yet been established.

Vaccine efficacy and effectiveness are measures that compare the rates of disease between vaccinated and unvaccinated people. Efficacy is measured in controlled clinical trials, whereas effectiveness is measured once the vaccine is approved for use in the general population.

He is a believer!

Halleluja!

You cannot blame him for the most positve and effective use of the word "effectiveness" because no redneck would know the difference. 🤣

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

Chrome is my go to browser and I rarely clear the cache, history, cookies etc. This trips me up on sites like the NYT, Washington Post etc because they detect the "you've had your free read" cookie.

But if I use Firefox, do a clear history which deletes the "free read" cookie then I can read the article.

Many of the paywalls are Java Script based. Turning off Java script overcomes many paywalls.

“One Click JavaScript Toggle” is available as a Chrome or Firefox extension and can be toggled for individual websites/paywalls.

Edited by Zeb
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 2

11 hours ago, fygjam said:

What you are doing is employing "Browser Isolation " .. it is a very good technigue .... I can get into the "bowels" of why this is a really good technique but I don't want to bore anyone .....

But the main point is to eliminate or isolate your "Browser Finger Prints" ...  which is a hex hash ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

16 hours ago, fygjam said:

Sounds like a plan ........ like it !!!

• 5 months later...
On 1/19/2021 at 3:24 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Is anyone who lives here considering buying the vaccine from a private hospital ? I can't see expats figuring to high on the Thai list of those to be given/sold the jab as a matter of urgency who are aged and at risk due to pre-existing conditions.

I for one will be looking to get jabbed asap and will be enquiring at the private hospital network here in Korat , what say you ?

Depenc=des which one, eh. Say Pfizer? No thanks. Spanish researchers put the Pfizer vaccine under an electron microscope and found it contains 99% graphene oxide and hardly anything else. There is practically NO evidence that this “vaccine” is gene therapy. There is ZERO genetic material: mRNA or DNA or spike protein. It means this “vaccine” has nothing to do with a so-called virus. This product wasn’t developed to avoid an infection caused by a virus. The true purpose of this product remains hidden. No official statement from governments or health institutions has been made. The toxicity of graphene oxide is reason enough to stop the global vaccination program. (State of The Nation). I'll wait for Sinovac or SputtieV.

• Haha 2

On 1/19/2021 at 7:23 PM, fforest said:

Well if you ever get Covid you will only have a 99.5% chance surviving....

Unless  like me you have underlying conditions. I have had a stroke, have heart disease (under control) and an enlarged prostate, which seems to be getting under reasonable control

Alan

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Tommaso_Turek said:

Depenc=des which one, eh. Say Pfizer? No thanks. Spanish researchers put the Pfizer vaccine under an electron microscope and found it contains 99% graphene oxide and hardly anything else. There is practically NO evidence that this “vaccine” is gene therapy. There is ZERO genetic material: mRNA or DNA or spike protein. It means this “vaccine” has nothing to do with a so-called virus. This product wasn’t developed to avoid an infection caused by a virus. The true purpose of this product remains hidden. No official statement from governments or health institutions has been made. The toxicity of graphene oxide is reason enough to stop the global vaccination program. (State of The Nation). I'll wait for Sinovac or SputtieV.

More bullshit from you. Good luck with the Russian or Chinese vaccines.

Alan

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Sherlock said:

Apparently the owner of this board is looking at buying his own vaccines (online shopping I guess), for him and his friends and any other farangs in Thailand! Fantasy dream world some people live in!!

Vaccines have been available here for a while if you have the right contacts.  Astra Zeneca has been getting flown in from Singapore and costs 12,000 baht.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Apparently the owner of this board is looking at buying his own vaccines (online shopping I guess), for him and his friends and any other farangs in Thailand! Fantasy dream world some people live in!!

That's a dangerous game to be playing, fakes have already been found being sold on the open and black market , and there's nothing like injecting someone then seeing them go into full on anaphylactic shock with no idea what to do.

I hope the person buying the vaccines knows the difference between "intramuscular" and "intravenous" because if it's whom I thinking about , he didn't know the difference between an "IV Line" and a "pipe".

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Butch said:

That's a dangerous game to be playing, fakes have already been found being sold on the open and black market , and there's nothing like injecting someone then seeing them go into full on anaphylactic shock with no idea what to do.

I hope the person buying the vaccines knows the difference between "intramuscular" and "intravenous" because if it's whom I thinking about , he didn't know the difference between an "IV Line" and a "pipe".

I  can almost imagine the hawkers that come round to the bars with Kamagra, selling the vaccine and syringe needle kits. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Butch said:

The very same person by the sounds of it!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Mate of mine had the AZ vaccine in Samui earlier today , no charge , also been given date for 2nd jab  .... was organised by his landlord for him and three other westerners that live in the estate also went along 

A few mates of mine got the jab on Monday in Phuket at an innoculation place set up in the Lagoona (sp) area. They got the AZ vaccine. In at 10am and out by 12.30pm. The main wait was for all the paperwork to be recorded after the jab and they were given an appointment when their second jab will be. 

They said a the place was busy with Thais and many farangs there. The cost was free. The process was hassle free and run pretty well. 

cheersi  

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

My wife has registered both of us with he Bangkok Pattaya Hospital  for the Moderna ( I think ) vaccine. Cost for 2 shots of 3,3  baht each. No indication of a date yet but this being Thailand likely to be towards the end of next year😋. However, I have an appointment to see my neurologist  on 13th July so I can maybe ask him if he knows anything yet.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

Last time I saw my neurologist, he said it would probably be October before I can get my first jab - Moderna . So let's see what happens. A friend got the Chinese one at Ban Chang Hospital a couple of days ago but a Thai ID card was required. I have one so could go there if urgent.

Alan

2 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I had a winning ticket in the monthly Phyathai2 vaccine lottery (aka see who can fill the online form in fastest to win a jab), and took a taxi up to Bangkok this morning to receive my prize. I was the first person to arrive at around 11:45, I filled in a health check form and was awarded with a '#1' sticker, which meant that I was the first to be whisked off up to the 8th floor to have my blood pressure checked (why???) and then to get a dose of Thailand's finest Astrazeneca vintage 2021. Hang around for 30 minutes afterwards to make sure there was no allergic reaction, then I was given a form with the booking for my second dose 12 weeks from today. After the clusterfuck that the vaccine rollout has been so far, this was a welcome display of competence and professionalism, handled very well from arrival until departure, right down to the free stamp on the parking ticket. Full marks to Phyathai2.

IMG20210722142933.jpg

Well done, who did you use as a taxi service?

9 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I had a winning ticket in the monthly Phyathai2 vaccine lottery (aka see who can fill the online form in fastest to win a jab), and took a taxi up to Bangkok this morning to receive my prize. I was the first person to arrive at around 11:45, I filled in a health check form and was awarded with a '#1' sticker, which meant that I was the first to be whisked off up to the 8th floor to have my blood pressure checked (why???) and then to get a dose of Thailand's finest Astrazeneca vintage 2021. Hang around for 30 minutes afterwards to make sure there was no allergic reaction, then I was given a form with the booking for my second dose 12 weeks from today. After the clusterfuck that the vaccine rollout has been so far, this was a welcome display of competence and professionalism, handled very well from arrival until departure, right down to the free stamp on the parking ticket. Full marks to Phyathai2.

IMG20210722142933.jpg

Have you developed any 400,000,000 : 1 incredibly rare side effects so the press can terrify everyone.???

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, boydeste said:

Well done, who did you use as a taxi service?

A guy I've been using for the last 16 years. he's very reliable and not so young, plus he has a chronic heart problem so is likely to take as much care as he can to avoid the virus. The best laid plans didn’t work out there, though, as he sent another taxi driver who I’d never seen before. Still, at least he wasn't a yoof who might be out getting drunk and sharing glasses of beer and food with his mates, and he was a good driver in the end. I wore a KN95 mask for the journey there and back as I reckoned being stuck in a car for two hours with someone I didn’t know was probably the riskiest part of the whole trip. When I got to the hospital I changed it for the usual blue surgical mask, but I was surprised to see several farangs wearing N95 or KN95 masks while waiting, as the exhalation valves don’t have a filter so if you’re infected and shedding the virus then you’re breathing it out into your surroundings.

• Great Info 1

7 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Have you developed any 400,000,000 : 1 incredibly rare side effects so the press can terrify everyone.???

Not yet, though I don’t recall having a tail, lol!

Quite a few family members back in Britain have had AZ and they all told me that the first jab is the worst, you hardly notice the second one. My brother had Pfizer and said it’s the other way around with that vaccine, he just had a bit of a sore arm from the first jab but the second one laid him out for several days.

I didn’t sleep well last night, it started with a stiff neck that made finding a sleeping position difficult, then I had various different aches and pains appearing making me very restless, and a dose of the shivers in the wee hours that seems a common complaint after the first AZ jab. Today I’m just aching all over and have a bit of a headache, but I’m sure it will pass given a day or two. The vaccine’s clearly doing something, I’d be more concerned if nothing at all happened.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

Not yet, though I don’t recall having a tail, lol!

Quite a few family members back in Britain have had AZ and they all told me that the first jab is the worst, you hardly notice the second one. My brother had Pfizer and said it’s the other way around with that vaccine, he just had a bit of a sore arm from the first jab but the second one laid him out for several days.

I didn’t sleep well last night, it started with a stiff neck that made finding a sleeping position difficult, then I had various different aches and pains appearing making me very restless, and a dose of the shivers in the wee hours that seems a common complaint after the first AZ jab. Today I’m just aching all over and have a bit of a headache, but I’m sure it will pass given a day or two. The vaccine’s clearly doing something, I’d be more concerned if nothing at all happened.

I had a mild reaction after the first AZ one. Sore arm and sore head ...... I did go to the pub few hours after the jab so .... 3 pints of Stella will do that these days.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, nampla69 said:

I had a mild reaction after the first AZ one. Sore arm and sore head ...... I did go to the pub few hours after the jab so .... 3 pints of Stella will do that these days.

I had no sore arm or head from the AZ jag but the following day I suffered from quite extreme fatigue but just for the one day.

I am still not over the 6 hour time difference between the UK and Thailand. By 9.30pm I can hardly keep my eyes open and then I am getting up at 05:00am every morning to make a coffee. Did you know it is light at five in the morning? 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1