Buying vaccine here in Thailand for expats who live here (Threads Merged)

Pumpuynarak

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

I believe he gave serious consideration to a couple of months vaccination tourism to the good'ol  U S of A.

I am reliably informed that some aging Jeeeerman's organized a trip by submarine to beat the blockade and are transporting wealthy Thai's and expats to Argentina where they are transported on the "underground railway" to Miami Beach for 8 weeks of sea, sand, beach volleyball and two vaccinations.

Well, so they tell me.

Another 3 weeks and I get my second dose of AZ on the good'ol NHS 🤣.

You'll be fit as a flea and raring to go. Great feeling walking out after that second jab.

The old Odessa Line back up and running sounds like. Lots of Hermann's Otto's and Heinrich's in the valleys of Argentina and Paraguay in their 90s will be nostalgic.

To say the Thais have f***d up big time vaccine procurement does not do justice to the words f***d and up !!

Bit like India ...rich get everything and the poor can die gasping for all the wealthy care. Thought better of Thailand. Don't think the old king would have put up with this state of affairs. 

How is the Hibs fan superstar golfer getting on ??? He needs a vaccine asap ...

• Great Info 1

3 hours ago, nampla69 said:

You'll be fit as a flea and raring to go. Great feeling walking out after that second jab.

The old Odessa Line back up and running sounds like. Lots of Hermann's Otto's and Heinrich's in the valleys of Argentina and Paraguay in their 90s will be nostalgic.

To say the Thais have f***d up big time vaccine procurement does not do justice to the words f***d and up !!

Bit like India ...rich get everything and the poor can die gasping for all the wealthy care. Thought better of Thailand. Don't think the old king would have put up with this state of affairs. 

How is the Hibs fan superstar golfer getting on ??? He needs a vaccine asap ...

Well said, I tread lightly with wifey these days, she is livid at the well..........people in charge and she too wished Bhumiboll was still here..............by a long shot. 

Getting out of San Jose for a few days tomorrow for a concert should calm her down a bit. 

• Like 3

Enjoy ..... went to a fair few concerts in California back in the day. Can't remember half of them so must have been good.

North Cali Monterrey type gigs and even Tahoe side ..... beautiful beautiful part of the world. 

I cannot bear what is happening to my beloved Thailand. Knew the elite were corrupt but did not think they had this much contempt for Khon Isaan. 

• Like 1

g

On 7/25/2021 at 2:37 PM, Horizondave said:

My wife's family have all been told that they should get their vaccine where they are registered on a house book, that is Khon Kaen and where most will need to go.  One of my wife's sisters has had the Sinopharm vaccine in Bangkok but that was through her company otherwise, she also, would have been heading north.

Other than being an essential worker I would think a trip home would be the option.

Hope you get a better reply from those on the ground.

That's more or less my understanding of how things are working (or not) at the moment. She's not keen on going back to Phetchabun as it's her mother's house and they don’t get along these days, in fact I'm not even sure she'd be welcome there, or allowed to get a copy of her name in the house book, things might have become that acrimonious. Her father moved out to live with his mia noi a long time ago, so I’m pretty sure the fault is with the batty old mother, not the GF.

I guess that once they run out of people with names in house books then they’ll get on to the significant part of the population that can’t produce such evidence for whatever reason. It’s a pretty stupid system, in a country that’s fabled for its stupid systems, why in the name of Buddha isn’t a Thai ID card enough? Don’t they realise that many people work away from home, and that Thailand is a big country, and that they’ve banned inter-provincial travel because it represents a Covid-spreading risk? And yet the only way many of them can get a vaccine is by travelling hundreds of miles back home. Lunacy decreed by the lunatics running the Thai asylum!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

Duplicate post. I've no idea why that happens, the board refuses to show that the post has been aded after I press submit, so I press it again and again, and eventually find that I've posted the same thing 5 or 6 times.

Always happens for me when I'm quoting from a previous page.  Just got used to it now and go to the final page to confirm it's posted.  If it hasn't then no neeed to type it all again as it'll be in the editor memory buffer.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KWA said:

Always happens for me when I'm quoting from a previous page.  Just got used to it now and go to the final page to confirm it's posted.  If it hasn't then no neeed to type it all again as it'll be in the editor memory buffer.

Happens fairly often for me too. My workaround is to open the topic in a new tab and if my post isn't there, then I know I need to hit submit again in the still open post in the first tab. I can't remember a time when the post wasn't there after the first Submit click, but if it ever does happen it'll save me from having to retype a post or rely on the editor cache.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Happens fairly often for me too. My workaround is to open the topic in a new tab and if my post isn't there, then I know I need to hit submit again in the still open post in the first tab. I can't remember a time when the post wasn't there after the first Submit click, but if it ever does happen it'll save me from having to retype a post or rely on the editor cache.

Yeah gods and little fishes!

Posting my misguided ramblings once is all too often once too many!

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...