Where was I

Binlid

Takes me back, I used to go there regularly back in about 2003 - 2007.  I stopped going after an incident that really pissed me off.  Went on the motorbike and parked in the side street alongside the establishment. I was parked in a designated area that was acceptable for all traffic not just the Hop patrons.

After I came out I could not find my bike and thought it had been nicked.  Somebody pointed me down the street and there was my bike badly parked against other bikes. The bloody security/doorman had removed the bikes and allowed some cars to park where I had been.  The chain I had on the back wheel was badly wrapped around the spokes and it took me ages to untangle it at which point I looked filthy in my evening clothes.  I complained to their management who apologised but said they like to have cars parked outside and not to park my bike there again. They did not own the street or have any barriers in place to prevent parking.

I never went back.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Horizondave said:

They did not own the street or have any barriers in place to prevent parking.

This is a regular problem here in Thailand, businesses/owners of properties think they own the road outside their properties, i've never been able to find out the correct legal position, they might in fact be correct which goes against everything we in the west are used to, unless your road/street is private ALL roads are owned and maintained by your local authority and you have no right to claim the space for your sole use.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

This is a regular problem here in Thailand, businesses/owners of properties think they own the road outside their properties, i've never been able to find out the correct legal position, they might in fact be correct which goes against everything we in the west are used to, unless your road/street is private ALL roads are owned and maintained by your local authority and you have no right to claim the space for your sole use.

Didn't Kiss Food take over the footpath/pavement on soi Diana