I am thinking what type of Mom does this ?

code_slayer_bkk

I just got back from the hospital working this morning ... I stopped into the 7/11 to buy a couple packs of cigs .. there was this little guy that ran around the place ripping candy off the shelves ... lol .. kids will be kids

Anyway, the little guy walks out the door with his mother ( ? ) .. for sure, I think

I live on this long Soi and a temple is at the dead end of the street ---- maybe about 300 yards from the 7/11, a big klong ( a river) is at the end of the Soi which the temple is next to my house

This gal just walks down the Soi leaving the little guy to follow .. she was about 100 yards ahead of him .. didn't look back to see how he was .. just kept walking ...

I kept my distance .. but, I made sure he was ok .. he finally caught up with this gal about 10 minutes later

Beach gal or I would never do anything like that to Ziggy .... just makes me think .. WTF ....

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, roomark said:

I see things like that here in U.K too and look on in amazement. 

Young Mums with three , four kids lagging behind crossing roads whilst the mother ignores them and is stuck in her phone.

Don't deserve kids.

Ziggy changed my life ... I would do anything for her .... for sure!    And I am still pretty wild .... but, you are blessed with having a child ( or 2 or 3 or 4 .. however many ) ...  I never gave a f**k about anything before her ( other than Beach gal ) .. I was always "game" ..... now, I stop and think .....

" take it on the other side "

Thais generally leave the kids at hole with others looking after them. Childcare is a community thing.
I took my 4 year old daughter to the beach the other day and she was sulking because she wanted to go to the market with her Mum. She did dawdle a little behind me, but I kept an eye on her. Was trying to get her to hurry up.
The joys of parenting .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roomark said:

I see things like that here in U.K too and look on in amazement. 

Young Mums with three , four kids lagging behind crossing roads whilst the mother ignores them and is stuck in her phone.

Don't deserve kids.

100 % see it everyday . And the phone thing ...don't get me started

• Thumbs Up 1

It isn't just a mom thing. 

When I lived at Horizon Estate in Hua Hin I used to use the pool on a regular basis.  I was with my mate Andy one day when we noticed this kid (probably about 3) playing in the kids pool.  Now this pool was perched on a raised area with drops on all sides.  The kids play pool had bars but the other side of the bars was a sheer drop of about 10 feet to rocks and garden.

We noticed the father (Foreign) looking occasionally at the kid but really spending most of his time looking at his phone or chatting with a lady who looked like the kids grandmother (Thai).

It was then that Andy and I noticed the kid manage to get on to the ledge by the drop and stand up with only the bars (quite low) stopping him from falling over the edge.  We shouted at the father to let him know what was going on, he seemed totally uninterested which led me to go over and put the child in the water away from the ledge while letting the father know in no uncertain terms that he was being irresponsible and the child could have fallen.  His reply stunned both me and Andy.

'I have lived here for 3 years' he said and 'there is no problem' and also 'to mind our own business'.  I told him the child could have fallen on to rocks and killed itself but he just laughed.  I had to prevent my mate Andy from whacking the guy but luckily the grandmother did come over and fetch the kid away from the pool. 

Some fathers as well as mothers should not be allowed to have children.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 1

50 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

When I lived at Horizon Estate in Hua Hin I used to use the pool on a regular basis.  I was with my mate Andy one day when we noticed this kid (probably about 3) playing in the kids pool.  Now this pool was perched on a raised area with drops on all sides.  The kids play pool had bars but the other side of the bars was a sheer drop of about 10 feet to rocks and garden.

We noticed the father (Foreign) looking occasionally at the kid but really spending most of his time looking at his phone or chatting with a lady who looked like the kids grandmother (Thai).

It was then that Andy and I noticed the kid manage to get on to the ledge by the drop and stand up with only the bars (quite low) stopping him from falling over the edge.  We shouted at the father to let him know what was going on, he seemed totally uninterested which led me to go over and put the child in the water away from the ledge while letting the father know in no uncertain terms that he was being irresponsible and the child could have fallen.  His reply stunned both me and Andy.

'I have lived here for 3 years' he said and 'there is no problem' and also 'to mind our own business'.  I told him the child could have fallen on to rocks and killed itself but he just laughed.  I had to prevent my mate Andy from whacking the guy but luckily the grandmother did come over and fetch the kid away from the pool. 

Similar thing , i stayed in a hotel in Bangkok and it had a roof bar with stunning views , but the railings to a sheer drop were very low . This Russian family had there young kids running around hanging over the edge the lot , made me feel physically sick . Finished me drink and went out . 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my, I’m reading this thread and had to include my personal best(worst) story. Just before my city let UBER in, taxi was booming. Half the guys took Sundays off, but nightlife was still busy, so it was maybe my most profitable night of the week. So I’m maybe 90 minutes into my shift, already a busy night, and I get a short run from a steakhouse to a home, maybe 20 blocks. 

A guy about 55 sits in front, and a younger blonde with 2 young daughters goes in back. We get to the house, and in those 5 minutes or less, the 6 year old had managed to play with her seatbelt, to the point where she wrapped it around her belly twice.......leaving ZERO slack. The guy pays the fare, but the girl is stuck, the latch button won’t release the belt. Both daughters are crying hysterically, the older one saying “is my sister gonna die” ? Finally, I decided to act, I had a knife and sliced the belt off. Poor kid had welts all over her stomach from the fat being pinched. The man was all like “ let us know about any damages”. Yeah right. 

So I report this to my road supervisor, and I’m told car is unsafe and have to take the night off. I got it fixed by the owner the next day, forcing the day driver to miss his shift too. The insurance lady at my company interviewed me, blaming me for what happened, even though it’s all on camera. They told me don’t pursue the customer for damages 

All told, it cost about $1,000 in lost wages and the new belt.......all because some dumb blonde Mom was so much more interested in her damn smartphone than watching her kids

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

23 minutes ago, Kerry said:

Similar thing , i stayed in a hotel in Bangkok and it had a roof bar with stunning views , but the railings to a sheer drop were very low . This Russian family had there young kids running around hanging over the edge the lot , made me feel physically sick . Finished me drink and went out . 

Some people just don't see the danger and like you it is sometimes a difficult decision whether to do something or leave.  With a child I will always do something but with adults sometimes they are beyond assistance.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Some people just don't see the danger and like you it is sometimes a difficult decision whether to do something or leave.  With a child I will always do something but with adults sometimes they are beyond assistance.

I did tell the guy to look after his kids but he either did'nt understand me or did'nt give a f**k 

Edited by Kerry
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I heard a similar story from a fellow I know from home whom I looked up in HH last year when I was there for a few days - he wouldn't use the pool in his condo complex because it was overrun with Russian kids running wild while their moms just sat around smoking cigarettes and playing with their phones and generally just ignoring them...

• Great Info 1

I was shopping in a supermarket in Edinburgh and left my trolley at the end of a row whilst I picked up something from a shelf halfway down the row. When I returned with my item..........my trolley with my shopping had gone!

Well that was a first so I looked down a couple of rows but not surprised I could not see it. Then I see a trolley which looks lost but it is not mine as it has a very young baby in a "crib" thing in it and a few items of shopping. I look around but nobody seems to be interested and I just stand there looking silly.

After a minute or two I ask a member of the Supermarket's staff to get her Manager as I began to think the baby had been abandoned although what that had to do with my missing trolley was beyond me. The Manager arrives very quickly and we are standing around looking at the baby when a terrific scream comes from way down the Supermarket followed a little later by a near hysterical woman dragging what turned out to be MY trolley and her 3 year old twins.

I suppose it will not be the last time she goes shopping and forgets some item but I doubt if it would ever be one of her kids. 🤣

• Haha 3
  • Surprised 1

14 hours ago, Kerry said:

I have stayed with my lads in BKK when they were young in high rise (only a couple nights on holiday) and each time I have gone out for a beer at nigh alone  and left them with their Mum and if her family were over, I've drilled it in their heads watch the kids , don't let them bang on the windows, keep them away or I'd draw the curtains.

All I could think of was Eric Clapton's son and it sent me into a panic .

Kids never see danger...

I always stayed in bungalows elsewhere .

Edited by roomark
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, roomark said:

I have stayed with my lads in BKK when they were young in high rise (only a couple nights on holiday) and each time I have gone out for a beer at nigh alone  and left them with their Mum and if her family were over, I've drilled it in their heads watch the kids , don't let them bang on the windows, keep them away or I'd draw the curtains.

All I could think of was Eric Clapton's son and it sent me into a panic .

Kids never see danger...

I always stayed in bungalows elsewhere .

Bro .. you are so right .. that is what I love about them the most .... no fear ....

I think it is kinda sad to see fear slip into their lives ... for whatever reasons .... 

Me the only thing I think about ( without any fear ) .. just concern ... maybe a little fear .. not sure .... is going back to a federal lockup ... I can do the time .. handle myself .. .. but, it is a waste of time .. other than that .. bring it on ... I am starting to watch myself a little more ... I can get up to crazy shit ..  ( I hate authority in whatever flavor )... but, it is not about me anymore .. I have Beach gal and Ziggy ....

The more I think about it ... I want Ziggy to be more like her mother ... I am sure a little of me will slip into Ziggy ..  I only hope that is the good of me and not the Brooklyn Boy ... and that she is fearless in her life ... be smart, but never afraid .... live free and always keep a dream inside of her heart ..

I don't like high risers either .. more like a prison cell ( lol ,, lol ) with a fancy bed .... bungalows are the way to go .....

Maybe Eric could have been a little more like you Bro ..... tragic - for sure ... but, you gotta always keep your eye on .. for sure, they don't now what they are doing yet .... 

LOL .. LOL .. I am not sure what I am doing yet .. LOL ... LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was walking down a main thoroughfare in Belfast. Just in front of me was a mum and her son, he was maybe 5 or 6 years old. She was glued to her phone, no interest in the kid.

The kid stepped out onto the road and was inches away from being hit by a bus. My heart skipped a beat, how the bus missed him I'll never know. The mum barely batted an eyelid. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I was walking down a main thoroughfare in Belfast. Just in front of me was a mum and her son, he was maybe 5 or 6 years old. She was glued to her phone, no interest in the kid.

The kid stepped out onto the road and was inches away from being hit by a bus. My heart skipped a beat, how the bus missed him I'll never know. The mum barely batted an eyelid. 

I agree with what Roomark said .. some people just don't deserve ...

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Drug addict, abused when they were kids... the list goes on.    A vicious, sad cycle.... won't end in our lifetime.

I am not so sure about drug addict .. you are from Chicago ... a pussy place I think .. go to New York ( Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx ) you want to see violence, drugs and the total despair ... well, you will get a face full

It becomes a life long circle of not getting off your ass and making something out of yourself .... depending on the government to give you everything ... when you depend on others to give you everything ... nothing good happens

You are right Bro .. it won't end in our lifetime ....

11 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I just dont' understand .. I am a pretty ( maybe very ) hard man .. how the f**k can you do this to your own child ?  f**k me

5 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I am not so sure about drug addict .. you are from Chicago ... a pussy place I think .. go to New York ( Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx ) you want to see violence, drugs and the total despair ... well, you will get a face full

It becomes a life long circle of not getting off your ass and making something out of yourself .... depending on the government to give you everything ... when you depend on others to give you everything ... nothing good happens

You are right Bro .. it won't end in our lifetime ....

"pussy type place"      I know you are joking      If not you need to crack a few history books.      lol

First you ask -"why would a mother do something like this"     then you turn it into a shit stir, anti government, you tougher than everyone else.      Many of your threads are off on all differnent tangents. Weed can do that sometimes. 

But....   calling Chicago a pussy place. Wow,   that must be some good smoke.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

"pussy type place"      I know you are joking      If not you need to crack a few history books.      lol

First you ask -"why would a mother do something like this"     then you turn it into a shit stir, anti government, you tougher than everyone else.      Many of your threads are off on all differnent tangents. Weed can do that sometimes. 

But....   calling Chicago a pussy place. Wow,   that must be some good smoke.

Yea, you are right ... I go off onto different things now and again ....

I am anti big government .. for sure .. what good does it do ?

Tough .. I don't think so ...

I keep my opinion about Chicago ...  one of the dirtiest governments in the USA .. what good is that for anyone ?  NY isn't much better ....

And I was right .. "what type of mother would do that " ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea, you are right ... I go off onto different things now and again ....

I am anti big government .. for sure .. what good does it do ?

Tough .. I don't think so ...

I keep my opinion about Chicago ...  one of the dirtiest governments in the USA .. what good is that for anyone ?  NY isn't much better ....

And I was right .. "what type of mother would do that " ...

Peace....

and yes Chicago government has much to be desired. Shit mothers everywhere though. Always tragic to see. 

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Peace....

and yes Chicago government has much to be desired. Shit mothers everywhere though. Always tragic to see. 

Yes Bro ... For sure ... PEACE .... no disrespect meant at all ....

Tragic - for sure .. but, it still makes me think and the more I think it pisses me off ..

How can a parent be so negligent ... ( maybe not the correct word )  .. I am not saying you infect them with rules, rules, rules .... you also gotta give them all the freedom they want  ... but, WTF do I know .. I am new at this as well ... 

Maybe she was making this little guy more " independent " .... which is a good thing also ....

So, I take my Moms "lead" ... she always had my hand walking through Brooklyn ...

4 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yes Bro ... For sure ... PEACE .... no disrespect meant at all ....

Tragic - for sure .. but, it still makes me think and the more I think it pisses me off ..

How can a parent be so negligent ... ( maybe not the correct word )  .. I am not saying you infect them with rules, rules, rules .... you also gotta give them all the freedom they want  ... but, WTF do I know .. I am new at this as well ... 

Maybe she was making this little guy more " independent " .... which is a good thing also ....

So, I take my Moms "lead" ... she always had my hand walking through Brooklyn ...

I lost my brother (best friend) when I was seven years old. He died because of some smuck who was driving him home (along with several other kids) from a birthday party. The kids were crammed into a Volkswagon van. They drove around a corner and the van door flew open. My brother fell out of the van and struck his head on the curb. It could have been avoided if the schmuck driver had locked the fucking door. On those old VW vans you had to lock the door from the outside.

55 years later as I write this I still seethe with anger, and now honestly I'm in tears visualizing all of it.

The point is, I cringe at neglectful parenting. It makes my blood boil like nothing else. My rage is so deep and ingrained that I truly believe that is why I have not had kids. Because of the scars I carry from that day and that event. I know that I would be so over protective that I would resent myself for raising a child that way.

I also know, without any doubt, I would not be able to control myself if anyone harmed my child. I would kill them without an ounce of remorse, and would do so with any means at my disposal. Going to prison would be the least of my concerns. But I would not want to raise my child leading them to believing that was the proper way to deal with things. Because it isn't. But ---- it is the way I am, and there is nothing that will change that. I've accepted that within my life and carry on happily (most days). 

But having a child is not in the books for me.... such is life.    Neglectfull parents are the lowest of all life forms in my book.

Cheers 

23 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I would kill them without an ounce of remorse, and would do so with any means at my disposal. Going to prison would be the least of my concerns. But I would not want to raise my child leading them to believing that was the proper way to deal with things. Because it isn't. But ---- it is the way I am, and there is nothing that will change that. I've accepted that within my life and carry on happily (most days). 

Cheers 

No words can describe the loss you suffered .. stand strong Bro ....

But, without any doubt .. I would kill any f**k that hurts Ziggy .. prison for me .. no big deal .. I spent almost 2 years in solitary in the ADX .. a tough place .. believe me ... Rikers Island, MCI in New York and Leavenworth ... not easy places ....

Also ,, I feel alot like you .. I was into huge shipments .. my child hood friend .. someone I knew my entire life .. got "pinched" by the coppers and snitched me out ... that f**k .. all of the shit I went through because of that fucking punk .. f**k him .. if I ever see that f**k .. you know what will happen ... so, I share your anger ... I just cannot let it go .. I loved him ... believed he was my friend .....  so, I have been suspicious my entire life ... I watch .. never talk ... lol .. except on this forum ... don't ask me why .. because I don't know ...

I hope it never comes to that .... but, I will take the "heat" .... easy ... I can adapt ...

I got lucky with Beach gal ... another one on the way ..  real love changes your perspective ... 

Just keep your heart open ....

Life is a crazy taxi ride .. listen to this tune ... it is great ....