Kidney Stones

Skalliwag

1 hour ago, Skalliwag said:

f**k me.Just got out of hospital.Not bad now but Jesus Murphy.

Got to up the cock with a laser and grab them but there is a 2 month wait list for a Uroligist.

Anyone sympathize?

Oh shoot I had a cab customer describe that in depth to me, years ago. I cringe just thinking about it. My issue is Sunday morning I wake up and my left kneecap is in serious pain, out of nowhere. I’m assuming my weight is to blame, even though I dropped some this year. Still bothering me, trying to rest it but I have to move around a bit. Sounds like it’s patellar tendinitis, “jumper’s knee”, but I haven’t jumped in over 20 years! 

Not funny getting older eh?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Skalliwag said:

f**k me.Just got out of hospital.Not bad now but Jesus Murphy.

Got to up the cock with a laser and grab them but there is a 2 month wait list for a Uroligist.

Anyone sympathize?

Yeah, I  had that "up the cock" routine at St Paul's a few years ago; thankfully the stones I was getting were not big enough to cause serious pain, but I could feel them when I was passing them and the procedure was more for examining the inside of the bladder - it's not as unpleasant or painful as it sounds and it's interesting seeing the inside of your bladder on the screen...never had a problem with them again which I attribute to the fact that I take allopurinol every day for the prevention of gout. 

• Like 2

I have never had any stones... but   Oh dear Buddha, I have heard so many stories  -- guys saying there is nothing that comes close to being as painful as having to pass stones. 

Avoiding things like stones and gout is a huge reason I  stay in shape. Getting ready now to go for a long walk.

• Like 1

Had a bladder tumour removed through the eye of the needle but thankfully I was under a general anaesthetic.  I was given the option of having a biopsy first but as I had to pay for possibly 2 procedures to check and then remove the tumour I made the decision to opt for the one procedure.

The tumour was removed completely and the biopsy taken revealed it was benign which was the Eureka moment. Have to say my stay in Bangkok Pattaya hospital for 3 days was fantastic not least for being cared for by some of the most beautiful nurses I have seen.

Having had catheters pushed up there a few times and hearing that these scopes are now really thin as much as I wouldn't choose to have the procedure I don't think I would be overly nervous about it.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Surprised 1

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Had a bladder tumour removed through the eye of the needle but thankfully I was under a general anaesthetic.  I was given the option of having a biopsy first but as I had to pay for possibly 2 procedures to check and then remove the tumour I made the decision to opt for the one procedure.

I had a cancerous tumor the size of a large Cigar removed the same way. It must have been like pack-man - nibble a little bite, take out and repeat.....

While I was totally out during the procedure, the rope scraped the urethra lining, and for days, it felt like I was pissing razor blades.

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Having had catheters pushed up there a few times and hearing that these scopes are now really thin as much as I wouldn't choose to have the procedure I don't think I would be overly nervous about

I have an annual "Rope up the dick" procedure, and its not something I look forward to.

• Surprised 1

Glad you're all right buddy, interesting as I know you are a gym rat like myself and try to take care and do alot of the things they say to do. Wifey convinced me to do the Apple Cider Vinegar with water in the morning after breakfast, I do, not such a good taste but if this will help, I am all in. 

12 years ago a co-worker of mine came to me and said he is in big time pain, he was totally white , I called 911 and he was doubled over in the hallway. Kidney Stones, came back a few days later.....that does not look fun. I drink more water now then I ever have, and even more in Thailand cause of the humidity. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Glad you're all right buddy, interesting as I know you are a gym rat like myself and try to take care and do alot of the things they say to do. Wifey convinced me to do the Apple Cider Vinegar with water in the morning after breakfast, I do, not such a good taste but if this will help, I am all in. 

12 years ago a co-worker of mine came to me and said he is in big time pain, he was totally white , I called 911 and he was doubled over in the hallway. Kidney Stones, came back a few days later.....that does not look fun. I drink more water now then I ever have, and even more in Thailand cause of the humidity. 

Mix a little honey in with the ACV...

Goes down smoother. 😉

sexy-women-crop-top-summer-honey-letter-embroidery.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Ok.... You guys have me convinced. I'm going to start doing this.

So... what's the mix breakdown. Do you pour x amount of apple cider vineger in a cup and add x amount of water. What's the recommended dose ?

Thanks in advance   🤢

• Like 1

Thanks lads.So there are two stones,3-4mm stuck in the tube between the kidney and the bladder.Feeling alright now,back at work and they have given me meds to take,that dilute everything to see if they will come out with out having to go in through the dick and get them.

I read all the comments and appreciate them .The vinegar thing I’m gonna try tonight after shopping,will see how we get on.

The meds make me feel a little sick and the as the doctor was telling me about the side effects ,he said “you might see a reduction in fluid when you emasculate”,to which I relied “can’t have that in my line of work Doc”.

Not much of a sense of humour does my Doctor,or maybe the fact is she’s heard that a bunch of times before.

anyways,I never want to feel pain like that again.I’ve been kicked around a few times in my life,but never anything like that.

cheers lads.

A707E6DE-87E5-4618-8EE1-B8446B793364.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Ok.... You guys have me convinced. I'm going to start doing this.

So... what's the mix breakdown. Do you pour x amount of apple cider vineger in a cup and add x amount of water. What's the recommended dose ?

Thanks in advance   🤢

Glass, we do one tablespoon of the ACV, then half a glass of water as the fill in. Supposedly not only good for helping Kidney Stones, suppose to be good for over all digestive health too..........according to wifey. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Glass, we do one tablespoon of the ACV, then half a glass of water as the fill in. Supposedly not only good for helping Kidney Stones, suppose to be good for over all digestive health too..........according to wifey. 

Yeah.... but does it make your weiny stiff ???    🦄

Thanks man.

I'm sure you are aware also on the benefits of yogurt for "digestion" issues. Best natural balance food I've ever had.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2021 at 1:05 PM, Horizondave said:

The tumour was removed completely and the biopsy taken revealed it was benign which was the Eureka moment. Have to say my stay in Bangkok Pattaya hospital for 3 days was fantastic not least for being cared for by some of the most beautiful nurses I have seen.

Having had catheters pushed up there a few times and hearing that these scopes are now really thin as much as I wouldn't choose to have the procedure I don't think I would be overly nervous about it.

No need for anyone to be nervous, flexible cystoscopy is a common procedure with low risk and no pain in my experience. 

I have had 5 rigid cystoscopies under GA involving overnight stays in local UK hospital spread over 18 months, 2 for resection of bladder tumour and 3 as follow up.  Now I have flexis as a precautionary check, 9 in the last 4 years. No idea when they will stop. 

Regarding your final paragraph, over 5 years I've had over 20 catheters used to instill chemo direct to the bladder, catheter is approx 4mm diameter, 15 minutes as outpatient, no problem. Never measured the flexi scope but estimated it is 7-8 mm diameter. A dollop of local anaesthetic from a tube is applied down the eye and a minute later the scope is slipped upstream. I don't watch directly but follow the action on the monitor, I know what they are looking for after all this time. With both treatments, 10 minutes later I am on  my motorbike heading home.

Best of luck with the stones @Skalliwag

Edited by bob lt
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, bob lt said:

No need for anyone to be nervous, flexible cystoscopy is a common procedure with low risk and no pain in my experience. 

I have had 5 rigid cystoscopies under GA involving overnight stays in local UK hospital spread over 18 months, 2 for resection of bladder tumour and 3 as follow up.  Now I have flexis as a precautionary check, 9 in the last 4 years. No idea when they will stop. 

Regarding your final paragraph, over 5 years I've had over 20 catheters used to instill chemo direct to the bladder, catheter is approx 4mm diameter, 15 minutes as outpatient, no problem. Never measured the flexi scope but estimated it is 7-8 mm diameter. A dollop of local anaesthetic from a tube is applied down the eye and a minute later the scope is slipped upstream. I don't watch directly but follow the action on the monitor, I know what they are looking for after all this time. With both treatments, 10 minutes later I am on  my motorbike heading home.

Best of luck with the stones @Skalliwag

Thanks very much mate,your story certainly outs everything into perspective.

As I piss into a paint strainer.Lolol.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Yessongs said:

I can confirm this works..............

https://www.google.com/search?ei=0GgXYITeDO-N4-EP992_uAY&q=does+lemon+juice+and+olive+oil+help+kidney+stones&oq=Apple+Cider+Vinegar%2C+Olive+oil%2C+lime+Juice+k&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgBMgYIABAWEB4yBQgAEIYDMgUIABCGAzIFCAAQhgM6BAgAEEdQ6FhY-2VghYEBaABwAngAgAFwiAHZAZIBAzAuMpgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXrIAQjAAQE&sclient=psy-ab

Edited by fforest

On 1/30/2021 at 6:50 AM, Golfingboy said:

Oh shoot I had a cab customer describe that in depth to me, years ago. I cringe just thinking about it. My issue is Sunday morning I wake up and my left kneecap is in serious pain, out of nowhere. I’m assuming my weight is to blame, even though I dropped some this year. Still bothering me, trying to rest it but I have to move around a bit. Sounds like it’s patellar tendinitis, “jumper’s knee”, but I haven’t jumped in over 20 years! 

Not funny getting older eh?

Bro .. I f***d up the ligaments in my left ankle years ago playing basketball .. they put my ankle in 3 casts for 3 months ... the fucker still gives me problems now and again ... and when it does it just aches and aches ....

17 hours ago, Yessongs said:

I just drink it out of the bottle .. take a big swig of ACV , coconut oil and then another big swig of honey .. every morning ... even though when I am hung over and take a big swig of ACV ... makes me want to puke ... sometimes makes my eyes water .. jeez

Maybe I should mix all 3 together .. but, I am to lazy ....

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

Thanks very much mate,your story certainly outs everything into perspective.

As I piss into a paint strainer.Lolol.

If you catch them, consider having them mounted on a pendant 555.

I consider myself fortunate, first diagnosed in summer 2015, I thought I maybe would last a year with heavy meds. I have never experienced any pain, only mild discomfort from regular chemo and the ensuing pee on the hour, every hour, but that finished  18 months ago. Finally can do what I like without checking where the nearest toilet is. Thank God it didn't hurt to piss then.

Have completed 11 more trips to LOS since 2015 including last year which expanded to 6 months. As I think @code_slayer_bkk would say, I "get on down the road".

• Great Info 1

1 minute ago, bob lt said:

If you catch them, consider having them mounted on a pendant 555.

I consider myself fortunate, first diagnosed in summer 2015, I thought I maybe would last a year with heavy meds. I have never experienced any pain, only mild discomfort from regular chemo and the ensuing pee on the hour, every hour, but that finished  18 months ago. Finally can do what I like without checking where the nearest toilet is. Thank God it didn't hurt to piss then.

Have completed 11 more trips to LOS since 2015 including last year which expanded to 6 months. As I think @code_slayer_bkk would say, I "get on down the road".

Be fearless in your journey ..... happy for you Bro ...

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 10:14 AM, Yessongs said:

Just did this for the first time, 1 TBSP in about 12 oz of water. Downed it very fast, actually just a little aftertaste that was gone in a minute.

I will try to incorporate this in my lifestyle, sounds like there are many benefits. And at about a dime a serving.....can’t beat that

• Like 2

On 2/7/2021 at 4:36 AM, Golfingboy said:

Just did this for the first time, 1 TBSP in about 12 oz of water. Downed it very fast, actually just a little aftertaste that was gone in a minute.

I will try to incorporate this in my lifestyle, sounds like there are many benefits. And at about a dime a serving.....can’t beat that

I have now done this 5 days in a row. I leave the vineger out on the counter so I don't forget. I plan on making it a daily routine, like brushing my teeth.  lol

The thought of experiencing such pain is motivation. 

I'll say it again.... I have heard so many people say that is the worst pain BY FAR they have ever had. 

That and shingles (I've had the vacciene) and gout.... I don't want any of it.

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

I have now done this 5 days in a row. I leave the vineger out on the counter so I don't forget. I plan on making it a daily routine, like brushing my teeth.  lol

The thought of experiencing such pain is motivation. 

I'll say it again.... I have heard so many people say that is the worst pain BY FAR they have ever had. 

That and shingles (I've had the vacciene) and gout.... I don't want any of it.

Got shingles when I was around 13, same virus that causes chickenpox, which I got as a toddler. Was annoying as hell, had to wash the armpit/lats area with compresses many times daily. 

Just now, Golfingboy said:

Got shingles when I was around 13, same virus that causes chickenpox, which I got as a toddler. Was annoying as hell, had to wash the armpit/lats area with compresses many times daily. 

Wow !   Never heard of it happening that young.

Must have stank like hell..    555555555