water purifier in LOS

Sea-Hawks

Depends on the volume of water you put through it. For the wife and I, probably works out between THB 3 & > 4k p.a.

For me, it is the convenience, not having to remember to buy ( and carry ) fresh water, or run to the village water machine.

It's worth stating that the quality of the water that comes out of an adequately maintained fresh water filter system, with Reverse Osmosis and U.V treatment, should be as good as bottled water.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Proffesor said:

Depends on the volume of water you put through it. For the wife and I, probably works out between THB 3 & > 4k p.a.

For me, it is the convenience, not having to remember to buy ( and carry ) fresh water, or run to the village water machine.

It's worth stating that the quality of the water that comes out of an adequately maintained fresh water filter system, with Reverse Osmosis and U.V treatment, should be as good as bottled water.

The high end of 4k/yr is about what it costs us for bottle water. We average about 2, 20L bottles/week, so @ 80B/wk x 52 = 4,160B/yr. The convenience with bottle water is the truck comes around every Saturday afternoon. We just leave the empties by the front gate and the guys on the truck then replace them with filled bottles. If we're home they even carry them into the house for us.

Edited by forcebwithu

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The high end of 4k/yr is about what it costs us for bottle water. We average about 2, 20L bottles/week, so @ 80B/wk x 52 = 4,160B/yr. The convenience with bottle water is the truck comes around every Saturday afternoon. We just leave the empties by the front gate and the guys on the truck then replace them with filled bottles. If we're home they even carry them into the house for us.

...so when you cook - ie boil water, rinse produce/salad, do you bring over the water to the kitchen?  

I assume, I will still have a water dispenser, but will now have purified water in my cooking/kitchen. 

I think the convenience is worth it alone

5 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

...so when you cook - ie boil water, rinse produce/salad, do you bring over the water to the kitchen?  

I assume, I will still have a water dispenser, but will now have purified water in my cooking/kitchen. 

I think the convenience is worth it alone

The bottle sits in the kitchen in a contraption that allows me to tilt the bottle to fill whatever container I need water in. You could also buy a rechargeable pump that fits on the top of the bottle. No need then to lift 20kg of water into the tilter, but the flow rate out of a pump will be less than tilting the bottle to fill a container.

P1310003.jpg

3 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Well, I have never had any of this stuff .. I just get water out of the tap and put it in the microwave ... I have never gotten sick and I have been here a long time

Beach gal only wants bottled water .. up to her ... I kinda think it is a waste ... but, ok .....

I used to live in Milwaukee and experienced first hand what can happen when the city supply of water is contaminated. It was 1993 and 25% of the Milwaukee residents were sickened from cryptosporidium in the water. Fortunately I was not one of them, but several friends were. Ever since then the only water I drink is out of a bottle.

1993 Milwaukee Cryptosporidiosis outbreak

The 1993 Milwaukee Cryptosporidiosis outbreak was a significant distribution of the Cryptosporidium protozoan in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and the largest waterborne disease outbreak in documented United States history. It is suspected that The Howard Avenue Water Purification Plant, only one of two water treatment plants in Milwaukee, was contaminated. Approximately 403,000 residents were affected resulting in illness and hospitalization. Immediate repairs were made to the treatment facilities along with continued infrastructure upgrades during the 25 years since the outbreak. The city of Milwaukee has spent upwards to $510 million dollars in repairs, upgrades, and outreach to citizens.

14 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The bottle sits in the kitchen in a contraption that allows me to tilt the bottle to fill whatever container I need water in. You could also buy a rechargeable pump that fits on the top of the bottle. No need then to lift 20kg of water into the tilter, but the flow rate out of a pump will be less than tilting the bottle to fill a container.

P1310003.jpg

ahh, ok.  Looks great!

On 1/29/2021 at 3:35 PM, forcebwithu said:

Delivered drinking water in 20L bottles @40B is cheap enough that I wouldn't bother with a water purification system.

you’re here in Pattaya correct? Do you have the contact info for your delivery water service company?

thx

35 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

you’re here in Pattaya correct? Do you have the contact info for your delivery water service company?

thx

The company I used when I lived there was River Fresh.

https://www.facebook.com/Riverfreshdrinking/     (has their phone number)

Was 80 baht deposit plus 40 baht for the water per bottle. After that just swapped empty for full 40 baht.

• Thanks 1