CHANGES AND NO CHANGES TO THE FORUM...IMPORTANT PLS READ

tommy dee

Gentlemen,

Since the passing of Lanza  I have had 3 issues in mind

1).. he was a whiz at admin, I am not

2).. we planned that the forum would grow, but remain as it is with regard to the type of content

3).. I have paid the bills for years now and Phils wife  has got nothing from this at all

As a result, when I was approached, I put a package together including transfer of this forum, and spoke with Phil's wife ensuring she was happy.  which see is

The forum will continue, in the same way it is now, friendly, no tit pics, warm and welcome.  but it will expand and gain more members.  the new operators do NOT want this to become an Addicts or similar to any other board.. they want it to stay pretty much as it is.

So when I tell you that Bryan Flowers/Nightwish  is the new guvnor, it may come as a huge surprise.  However I have known him for a long while and his plans for the board mirror those of Phil.

Then did I take all the money, .. I can only imagine how much coverage that will get on boards  so to be straight up, Phils wife has already received the funds as agreed (50% of the total package value).  the amount is a private matter ( for obvious reasons)  and as said, the package included more than just the forum here.

I am still here, and welcome the slagfest that will no doubt follow.  Its been a fab ride and will continue to be.  Give it time and I am convinced you will enjoy the board even more than now

Many thanks for your support over the years, and be assured, this was discussed with Phil when he was still around, and I am doing this knowing that he would not have any issue with it

again thanks

Tommy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• tommy dee changed the title to CHANGES AND NO CHANGES TO THE FORUM...IMPORTANT PLS READ

Welcome to Addicts v 2.0!!!

I understand the need to support Phil's wife and little 'un, but...................................

Another nail into the fairly free speech that this forum and others has allowed its members to use! Soon there wont be criticism of any NWG bars allowed anywhere on the internet!! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Sherlock said:

I understand the need to support Phil's wife and little 'un, but...................................

Another nail into the fairly free speech that this forum and others has allowed its members to use! Soon there wont be criticism of any NWG bars allowed anywhere on the internet!! 

i think we were all expecting a post like yours matey, and so far off the straight too. the board will continue in the normal way, we dont cover in depth bar acrtivbity anyway.  am guessin gyou pissed on their cornflakes somewhere and are still smarting.  this forum will grow as a friendly non agressive place as it is.  of that u can be certain.

Bryan Flowers could walk past me i wouldn't know him, nor do i know much about Addicts, Nightwish 'group' or anything really to do with them.

Just happy to real this forum will remain, stay autonomous, exist!

Happy for Puang as well. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sherlock said:

Addicts is full of anti NWG threads - cant see why that would be any different here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Pattaya addicts has many attacks on night wish group lol

Hope they give the forum a chance and get a feel for it ,  before shifting addicts mods across and installing new ones who want to promote their businesses, as per the video 

Addicts don't allow any political chat , so will the clubs be closed , at the moment that tends to confine it to one area and you can choose to interact or not ..

Also we have three distinct areas  ( general , advanced and vip ) where members have specifically chosen to post their threads and choose the audience that can view the content... hopefully this will be respected , with regards to past threads 

other than that,  good luck to the new owners and hope the forum remains a welcoming and fun place to post 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why would I care who owns the forum? As long as the content is interesting, I'll remain. My feelings about bar owners are just like this. If a bar has nice friendly scenery and prices are competitive I don't care who owns what. Live and let live.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

your favourite mods are all still here, even nasty nick.  one new mod has been added simply for them to get a feel for the board.   they were impressed that we have the levels and the levels will stay.  funny that you came up with many of the Q's I asked too.  I am assured this sint gonna be addicts 2.  wtf would they bother, it would simply dilute the posting and posters.  watch this space, I reckon 247 will thrive in the next few months, much more than under just little old moi

• Like 1

I dont think the Addicts forum members and this forum members are all that good of a mix ....Of the 4 Pattaya forums Addicts is by far the most strictly moderated ...Next would be Thai Visa and up till now the moderation here has been light and only used sparingly, which was one of the best things about the forum..... I would sure hate to see this change.......

Edited by fforest
  • Great Info 1