CHANGES AND NO CHANGES TO THE FORUM...IMPORTANT PLS READ

tommy dee

1 minute ago, Bazle said:

Will it be clear who the Mods and Admin are?

why not.  give us a few days and will do that for you for sure

currently one new mod, otherwise your old and ancient favs.

admin, currently me, and two others have admin access.  which only means access to the back end and the engne room of the site, its not a power thing

4 minutes ago, fforest said:

I dont think the Addicts forum members and this forum members are all that good of a mix ....Of the 4 Pattaya forums Addicts is by far the most strictly moderated...Next would be Thai Visa and up till now the moderation here has been light and only used sparingly, which was one of the best things about the forum..... I would sure hate to see this change.......

I have a different opinion about Thai Visa. I was given a "vacation" and was told I had to apologize for a post I made. I was accused of being homophobic. I considered the post in question entirely proper and advised that moderator not to hold his breath waiting. That was a couple of years ago. I refused to apologize and have not been back.

4 minutes ago, Gary said:

I have a different opinion about Thai Visa. I was given a "vacation" and was told I had to apologize for a post I made. I was accused of being homophobic. I considered the post in question entirely proper and advised that moderator not to hold his breath waiting. That was a couple of years ago. I refused to apologize and have not been back.

I guess your not familiar with "Time Out with Jenny" then..... 

Edited by fforest

15 minutes ago, fforest said:

I dont think the Addicts forum members and this forum members are all that good of a mix ....Of the 4 Pattaya forums Addicts is by far the most strictly moderated ...Next would be Thai Visa and up till now the moderation here has been light and only used sparingly, which was one of the best things about the forum..... I would sure hate to see this change.......

There is absolutely NO intention of changing this forum to Addicts 2. As Tommy has pointed out all that would do is dilute. Without wanting to sound like a stuck record our hope is to keep the look and feel here as it is.

Only one way to find out bud - wait and see.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, fforest said:

I dont think the Addicts forum members and this forum members are all that good of a mix ....Of the 4 Pattaya forums Addicts is by far the most strictly moderated ...Next would be Thai Visa and up till now the moderation here has been light and only used sparingly, which was one of the best things about the forum..... I would sure hate to see this change.......

I am not sure that you would see many PA BM's here unless they want a different forum that is Thai oriented without the PA focus - politics is banned and heavily moderated on PA as it is not the raison d'être of that forum. I notice very little moderation here from the logs so I see no reason for that to change as you guys seem to self regulate pretty well. However ... with growth comes trolls and abusive BM's so things will possibly change from a moderation POV but it wont for BM's already here and is that not a good thing?   

I am not sure that you would see many PA BM's here unless they want a different forum that is Thai oriented without the PA focus - politics is banned and heavily moderated on PA as it is not the raison d'être of that forum. I notice very little moderation here from the logs so I see no reason for that to change as you guys seem to self regulate pretty well. However ... with growth comes trolls and abusive BM's so things will possibly change from a moderation POV but it wont for BM's already here and is that not a good thing?   

I guess your not familiar with "Time Out with Jenny" then..... 

'Jenny' is very useful for BM's to get a reason why they were in the attention of the moderators and given an opportunity to reconsider their attitude or behaviour. No mod likes banning people really unless they are returned banned members or spammers or troublemakers.

8 minutes ago, KWA said:

I realise a lot can change in a day, but I already see several members tagged as moderators but not appearing in the moderator group.  Have changes started?

We have given a few guys “Moderator access” so they can see how the entire forum “works” as it’s different in both layout and ethos.

They will NOT be doing any moderating, at least for the time being. This is because we are not yet sure whether the current Mod team is staying with us. We hope they do and one has so far confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Whitespider said:

We have given a few guys “Moderator access” so they can see how the entire forum “works” as it’s different in both layout and ethos.

They will NOT be doing any moderating, at least for the time being. This is because we are not yet sure whether the current Mod team is staying with us. We hope they do and one has so far confirmed.

If more Mods are needed.... is there a reason why they are being imported with near no posts/feelings for this forum??

Some members who are already here have had Mod experience before......so was there talk of looking at in house members first before importing Mods from another forum???

cheers  

• Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, roobob said:

If more Mods are needed.... is there a reason why they are being imported with near no posts/feelings for this forum??

Some members who are already here have had Mod experience before......so was there talk of looking at in house members first before importing Mods from another forum???

cheers  

Everything happened so fast yesterday that no, we didn’t do that.

However I will happily have a chat with the current guys to see what/who they think.

I would generally only consider guys I “know” TBH as we had a few bad experiences a few years back.

It’s a fair point and one we will raise. In general a forum this size only really needs one per time zone - we have 3+Tommy so if they all remain the likelihood is we would only be looking at 1 or maybe 2. Still need to see if the existing guys are staying. With luck we will know today.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Addicts are asking members to donate to the forum, will we be ask to donote to keep  this forum going?

No plans to do that but I would never say never. At the end of the day that is an entirely voluntary matter. Just one point, you say “keep it going”, none of the forums are under threat of closure - again a voluntary matter, there is no obligation on anyone. 

Costs here are only circa $200 a month and yes we would hope to see that covered in some way in the longer term. The adverts here are currently turned off pending the move. We only know a couple of them so will have to find out who is staying etc - we haven’t even touched on that yet and won’t be until the transfer is complete AND stable.

47 minutes ago, Whitespider said:

Everything happened so fast yesterday that no, we didn’t do that.

However I will happily have a chat with the current guys to see what/who they think.

I would generally only consider guys I “know” TBH as we had a few bad experiences a few years back.

It’s a fair point and one we will raise. In general a forum this size only really needs one per time zone - we have 3+Tommy so if they all remain the likelihood is we would only be looking at 1 or maybe 2. Still need to see if the existing guys are staying. With luck we will know today.

Thanks for the reply.

cheers 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Well I don't have a horse in the race but I think Tommy has done the right thing. I had lunch with Tommy couple of weeks ago and I asked him the question if he knew what kind of traffic the board was seeing. I told him I had been monitoring the counts for a few days which were between 100 and 130 post a day. Of those posts Thailand related posts were only about 50% at best. The Forum lacks traffic it had become stagnant.

Traffic equals money to Forum owners in one way or another and it's hard to draw interest from advertisers and the such when they look at your production and  your traffic is the way it has been here.

I am not a Soi 6 / Nightwish fan or hater it will be interesting to see where the board goes white spider said the board won't be changing I think that's silly sorry Andy but I'm pretty sure this board will change Some will see it for the better Some will see it for the worse. 

I'm not a big poster here I got burn out all the years On the secrets forum I'm not leaving this forum because of the ownership change I'm interested to see what direction it takes good luck to white spider and Brian on the Takeover. 

Lol fair enough.

In my defense I didn’t say it wouldn’t change I was at pains to explain that we had no plans to change what’s already here I.e Clubs, the simple layout, the different “ethos”, the fact politics is allowed, the Mod team etc etc. 

One thing I could say is the first thing we found yesterday was that the last new member joined on 14th October 2020. The “registration” function was screwed due to an out of date App. 

That’s now fixed, or we hope it is, but it goes some way to explaining why it’s been a bit quiet. We won’t know for sure until we can turn 3rd party apps back on after the transfer. For now they are all turned off.

As long as they don't let the pissed Frog in the Bali jungle back on the forum then onwards and upwards.

At the risk of stirring up the many jealous haters I joined this forum to keep in touch with former friends and sparing partners from Secrets which this forum generally enabled me to do except many fell by the wayside which did not really surprise me. I am sorry but this forum has proved to be a pale vanilla version in comparison with Secrets forum in its prime.

Ain't that right Soi 7? 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jambo said:

As long as they don't let the pissed Frog in the Bali jungle back on the forum then onwards and upwards.

At the risk of stirring up the many jealous haters I joined this forum to keep in touch with former friends and sparing partners from Secrets which this forum generally enabled me to do except many fell by the wayside which did not really surprise me. I am sorry but this forum has proved to be a pale vanilla version in comparison with Secrets forum in its prime.

Ain't that right Soi 7? 🤣

We were averaging 1600 posts a day a lot of people complained about the game post and what have you and those posts were the equivalent of about 400 a day so we still average 1200 post that tended to be Thailand related to some extent.

I enjoyed it in its Heyday for sure and I met so many members that turned out to be good friends.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1