CHANGES AND NO CHANGES TO THE FORUM...IMPORTANT PLS READ

tommy dee

I could'nt GAF who owns the forum, as long as it keeps ticking along until tourists are allowed to return when we can hopefully get some interesting boots on the ground posts. I'm finding the forum as "boring as batshit" at the mo but that is only to be expected, all the other forums i'm finding are the same, maybe its just me lol

My opinion guys FWIW, long live 247.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I could'nt GAF who owns the forum, as long as it keeps ticking along until tourists are allowed to return when we can hopefully get some interesting boots on the ground posts. I'm finding the forum as "boring as batshit" at the mo but that is only to be expected, all the other forums i'm finding are the same, maybe its just me lol

My opinion guys FWIW, long live 247.

You won’t be alone. It’s a tough time from that perspective. How the future pans out we just don’t know, that’s a gamble we took. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Skalliwag said:

I’ve deleted all,of my PM’s to other members and am cancelling.

cheers lads.

Ask Phil where to find me.

I wouldn't be too worried about the changes mate. I think the Mods here are doing a good job and I'm fairly sure the status quo will stay in place.  I'm sure everyone on here starts with a clean slate bud.

23 hours ago, roobob said:

If more Mods are needed.... is there a reason why they are being imported with near no posts/feelings for this forum??

Some members who are already here have had Mod experience before......so was there talk of looking at in house members first before importing Mods from another forum???

cheers  

Yes, hopefully the existing mods stay.

And, secondly, it would much more beneficial for us to have only new mods that come from within this group  back when Lanza was still with us.  Not liking the idea that outside mods coming into this forum....regardless of what you shout-out about keeping things the same, over time things will change and be integrated into the business plan of flowers.  

5 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

Yes, hopefully the existing mods stay.

And, secondly, it would much more beneficial for us to have only new mods that come from within this group  back when Lanza was still with us.  Not liking the idea that outside mods coming into this forum....regardless of what you shout-out about keeping things the same, over time things will change and be integrated into the business plan of flowers.  

It’s certainly something we will consider. It’s not as simple as you might assume tho - we have had some horrendous experiences with Mods, although not for many years now thank goodness. It’s absolutely vital we know, and trust, them to avoid repeating that. 

We now have confirmation two, of the three, are staying. Hoping to hear from the last guy today.

23 minutes ago, Chappo said:

good luck with the forums - hope it doesnt change (not a fan of ad's on a forum :()

Fair enough but it’s got to pay for itself somehow. This forum had ads, they are still there but currently invisible.

As I mentioned before it’s a pretty simple thing to turn ads off. You have the control over that.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Chappo said:

good luck with the forums - hope it doesnt change (not a fan of ad's on a forum :()

Nobody buys a forum to go into debt when they bought it they saw the income potential let's be honest  this is a business like any other hopefully it will be a fine line that won't be overly intrusive regarding advertising but again that's a decision they will make

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Jambo said:

There are two main reasons for it (the forum) being quiet.

The first one is that nobody has been able to travel to Thailand for some considerable time and it is highly unlikely that will change this year. Even if it does open up to some degree it is not going to be those visitors that traditionally frequent "OUR" entertainment venues.  So interest has declined because basically what do we have to talk about other than noting which venues closed yesterday? Endless photographs of the outside of empty bars are only adding to the misery because it only makes those desperate to get back wonder what are they eventually going to return to in Pattaya?

The other main reason is that the days of forums to keep in touch is in terminal decline apart from us few diehards who never took to Facebook and the like. In my opinion relaunching this forum in a somewhat different manner is just a dead cat bounce. The only surprise is that the owners must be congratulated for managing to actually sell it for real money. 🤗

sell? I got a lifetime subscription to the chat vids on soi 6, a beer voucer ( 1) for nightwish and a t shirt 5555

forums certainly do have a future, but they need drive, commitment and effort from the owners, together with asn understanding of the marketplace.  whatch and see 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Got to say the doom and gloom merchants are many yet the very existence of this forum is keeping me in touch with what is happening in Thailand and I really appreciate it. 

I could just switch it off and sit at home and wonder what is happening, I could even just assume that I will fly in one day and hit all the bars as if nothing ever happened and suddenly find my plans seriously curtailed.

No, I like to understand what is happening from the pictures of the reality before me to the updates on how the pandemic is being dealt with.  I appreciate the photos from those on the ground for their constant efforts in keeping us all up to date, without those pics and the information stream we would be in the dark.

I am still gaining enough info from this forum to keep me interested as I know also that Thailand will open up and I will be back but my interests don't just reside in Pattaya,  I am more interested in Udon Thani, Kanchanaburi, Hua Hin and Krabi and if anybody has info from any of those places then adding content here would be appreciated. When I was on Pattaya Live the best threads were about Tom and his travels around Loei and for me, updates by 'yours truly' about everything Hua Hin. 

I suppose if you are only interested in beer and pussy your needs, entertainment here might be slightly dented presently but there is certainly enough for me and I also get to see how many of my friends are doing..

It seems that some of the members here travel distances so photos, places of interest along the way, weird coffee shops and beauty spots are always welcome in my book.  Life isn't just about Pattaya and closed bars, this is Thailand 247 and I will be flying into a country that has a lot to offer to keep me busy.

I am positive the country will move on and this forum needs to be there when it does.

Articulate, and eloquently put, David!

Or 'Nail on the fecking head', in old money!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

All I'll say is let's wait and see how it goes now. I'm just hoping there isn't an influx of certain arse licking posters from PA, I came here to get away from them and if they came here I'd then have to make do with Live which isn't a nice thought.

What about Pattaya Talk?

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Not going to quote our newest pretend member, but not sure where the concern is coming from in regards to spam and the monetarization of forums we use for free.

Regarding the monetarization, seems a fair trade to me as I'm getting something of value in return. A platform that allows me to communicate with others and share information and experiences.

As for spam, if that's a concern, and it is for me, just register with an email account that you never read.

Always surprised by the few that get wound up over something that is no big deal.

Or even easier. Use a correct email if you want “notifications” but click the opt out option to not receive newsletters etc.

Even those currently opted IN would only get one email if they didn’t want them as each email has an opt-out link at the bottom which instantly removes you from the email database. This entire “spam” argument is rather bizarre really. You guys have the control over what you get and what you don’t.

Yes, we will use the newsletter. Don’t want them? Just opt out, there’s no rocket science involved let alone any conspiracy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Not going to quote our newest pretend member, but not sure where the concern is coming from in regards to spam and the monetarization of forums we use for free.

Regarding the monetarization, seems a fair trade to me as I'm getting something of value in return. A platform that allows me to communicate with others and share information and experiences.

As for spam, if that's a concern, and it is for me, just register with an email account that you never read.

Always surprised by the few that get wound up over something that is no big deal.

I am NOT meaning to pick on you bud, just using you as an example because you raise the subject but it could be anyone really.

One of the reasons we ask members to use a “valid” email address is because the vast majority have at least “some” notifications turned on. You, for example, have 3 of the 8 set to “on”. This does NOT refer to the “newsletters” which is a simple on/off checkbox.

Believe it or not we have to pay for those notification emails to be sent. If they are all landing in a dead mail box that is simply money wasted. It won’t be a lot here, for now, but it all mounts up and it’s something I would bet 99% of members never even consider.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/10/2021 at 10:08 AM, Tintin said:

Secrets died because ppl realised they were being conned by a twat - nothing has changed yet he is still in business

I think Secrets imploded because Ben was always disinterested in the forum other than he seemed to have some appreciation that the forum was what drove custom to the relatively bad location. For the first few years he was blessed to have Soi7 run the forum but when Soi7 left, forum replacements were almost as disinterested in the forum as Ben.

I think Tommy is doing the right thing in getting others that are sincerely interested in running this forum on board. Otherwise it was headed to the same oblivion as Secrets.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Whitespider said:

I am NOT meaning to pick on you bud, just using you as an example because you raise the subject but it could be anyone really.

One of the reasons we ask members to use a “valid” email address is because the vast majority have at least “some” notifications turned on. You, for example, have 3 of the 8 set to “on”. This does NOT refer to the “newsletters” which is a simple on/off checkbox.

Believe it or not we have to pay for those notification emails to be sent. If they are all landing in a dead mail box that is simply money wasted. It won’t be a lot here, for now, but it all mounts up and it’s something I would bet 99% of members never even consider.

Good point about the notifications email. And yes I do see them, but as I had opted out of the other stuff never see anything that would constitute spam.

Also a good reminder there are costs associated with a lot of things related to the forum that a lot of the users don't realize. Email being just one of them. I'm guessing here, but I imagine other costs are software, website hosting, server storage for photos, and perhaps even a bandwidth cost if the user community is large enough.

• Thumbs Up 1