CHANGES AND NO CHANGES TO THE FORUM...IMPORTANT PLS READ

tommy dee

8 hours ago, tko said:

I like it here.  Thanks.

I'll give it a while.

Same here,sad to see a few posters are missing now tho,maybe personal reasons for bailing out who knows,i cant see that much change from say 1 year ago,less posters thats it,on with the show.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/8/2021 at 9:23 PM, Phantom51red said:

i cant see that much change from say 1 year ago,less posters thats it,on with the show.

I would say the same thing.  I wasn't aware the board had changed ownership until I noticed this thread three days ago.  As far as I can see, Thailand-247 is sticking to the same policies it's always had  in terms of moderation of posts.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Apart from a few small things, i don't see any change to the Board.

Maybe a few regular posters have left, those who said so in this thread, but others have joined.

I said at the when it happened i would give it time, glad i did.

I'd say all forum's are struggling a bit, but once people can get back to Thailand, interest will come back, people will log back on, post content, hence getting more interest etc. 

Just have to see this covid nightmare through, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, the end is in sight, at least in the UK. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

I would say the same thing.  I wasn't aware the board had changed ownership until I noticed this thread three days ago.  As far as I can see, Thailand-247 is sticking to the same policies it's always had  in terms of moderation of posts.

When it was first  announced that the Forum would be getting a new owner, quite a few members were concerned that there might be significant changes, including myself

That has turned out not to be the case and that the new owner has stuck to his word

We still have a forum and they have to be paid for 

The alternative could have been that 247 could have closed and all the work and participation of members would be in vain. 

The new arrangements seem to have worked out well for everyone, or at least most of us. Shame that we lost a small number of posting members but perhaps they might return in the future. 

Onwards and upwards. I look forward to a time when we can have a few 247 meet ups in Pattaya where we can put some faces to names of those we don't know personally. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Here's a pic of our dearest Mod Nightcrawler, incase anyone was wanting to put a face to the name :default_biggrin:

download.jpg

I heard a rumour that Lake passed away last year in his home town of Western Super mare. His latest bride was left penniless and now works in a local chip shop.. She comes home every night with her hair caked in batter, or at least that's her story. 

• Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

• 4 weeks later...

Coming back here after 6 months is like returning to work to find everything the same (including the bottle of milk you left in the fridge), but a slight undercurrent of something feeling very different.

We all know that when someone takes over an established forum such as this one, the changes are not there initially, but they do creep in over time as those with a financial interest may think that a change in certain directions could be beneficial, however those changes are frequently seen from a different viewpoint than that of the end user BM.

I could cite another forum which is not PA whereby there was a sad loss of the gentleman who started it, and the person who took over eventually began to dictate and enforce rules which went again the original concept of the forum. This was despite promising he would uphold the core values that the forum was based upon.

Whilst the people who have now kindly invested their time and money into financially supporting T247, ensuring we continue to have a well moderated and fair platform in which to enjoy, the only proof we will have will be to look at things in a year or two's time. I have no doubt that Bryan will be true to his word.

Having had zero to do with any forums (I didn't even log in to look) since Sept, coming back and seeing some characters whom I may or may not have agreed with having left, it is possible (while I catch up with the posts and topics I missed) to see a definite difference and dare I say it, lack , in some areas of controversial discussion which at times can be highly opinionated, but does add value to the forum.

The difficulty that the new Admin and existing mods will face is a question "damned if you do, damned if you don't". Something that might be introduced which is beneficial may not be considered by the readership to be, but behind the scenes might generate revenue in order to keep the board going with software upgrades and server upgrades etc.

I would be very disappointed to see the forum become a mobile advertising billboard like PA though. The clean, slick, fast loading and easy to navigate interface compares more favourably to that of PA (where I had a sneaky look) IMO.

Whatever happens, I'll continue to be a BM and enjoy and contribute. I'll keep my side of the bargain if they keep theirs.

• Thumbs Up 6